What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 FW2 SF Fri - Parramatta 40-4 Canberra @ CommBank

Finals Week 2: Parramatta v Canberra

• Parramatta Eels

Votes: 20 60.6%
  • Canberra Raiders

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bazal

Post Whore
Elliot Whitehead looks like he's smashed 300 cones.since full time.

How did anyone manage a HIA on that man

mongoose

Coach
Given where we were at early on I'm pretty happy with the season overall. Tarps, Young, Kris all improved greatly, the Simple/Fog combo has potential and we have some good young guys to put pressure on the backs(looking at you intensely Cotric). We need to hit the market for a good lock and and a decent backup fullback though.

But we knocked out the scum in Victoriania so I can't be too sad.
and probably an attacking coach too that can come up with something more than "give it to wighton and go left"

This Year?

Immortal
10 weeks ago I'm sure any Raiders fan would have taken a week 2 final exit after knocking the Storm out. Losing like that in finals sucks but they still have my respect, adoration and envy. They got killed early by offloads and ran way too many overs tonight against a team who were hotter than @SLRBRONCOS and @hineyrulz combined.
I laughed when Savage got clean bowled and cheered when he put those lovely steps on to get into space. I really hope Ricky doesn't f**k his development up because his speed even through the change of direction is insane. I thought the viking clapping towards the end was in poor taste even if imitation is the best form of flattery and RL fans are generally more thick skinned than players.

Massive ask for Parra to back up this kind of performance away next week, but IMO they are very well deserved preliminary finalists.

Spot On

Coach
10 weeks ago I'm sure any Raiders fan would have taken a week 2 final exit after knocking the Storm out. Losing like that in finals sucks but they still have my respect, adoration and envy. They got killed early by offloads and ran way too many overs tonight against a team who were hotter than @SLRBRONCOS and @hineyrulz combined.
I laughed when Savage got clean bowled and cheered when he put those lovely steps on to get into space. I really hope Ricky doesn't f**k his development up because his speed even through the change of direction is insane. I thought the viking clapping towards the end was in poor taste even if imitation is the best form of flattery and RL fans are generally more thick skinned than players.

Massive ask for Parra to back up this kind of performance away next week, but IMO they are very well deserved preliminary finalists.

What has been lost in the aftermath of the crushing defeat last night is the fact Canberra played 9 matches from R14 onwards against teams that finished in the bottom 8. A charmed run for the second half of the season even though Ricky made it sound as if they climbed Everest to sneak into the 8. Most of those sides are travelling like absolute busteds.

Did the Stick man find where Papa and Tapine went last night?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
and probably an attacking coach too that can come up with something more than "give it to wighton and go left"

Like I said last night we are a rabble with our structure. Stick still hasn't adjusted to the post 2020 rule changes. That's 3 full seasons now that we have been knocked out. Just unbelievable how he doesn't get the game has changed

Pete Cash

Post Whore
What has been lost in the aftermath of the crushing defeat last night is the fact Canberra played 9 matches from R14 onwards against teams that finished in the bottom 8. A charmed run for the second half of the season even though Ricky made it sound as if they climbed Everest to sneak into the 8. Most of those sides are travelling like absolute busteds.

Did the Stick man find where Papa and Tapine went last night?

According to nrl.com tapine had 11 runs for 130m and 60m of it post contact. It's pretty comical that this is the game you think vindicates you seething about him all year. Thats better output than most props could generate in a game where they had 40 % of the ball.

Tapine owns you again lad.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Full credit to raiders fans though they always bring a friendly atmosphere whenever they play. And they stayed to the end. The green really stands out when they are bunched together.

I know we take the piss out of the Viking clap but there fans take it in good spirits.

There premiership drought is as old as me though 28 years and we do need a team to stick with us at parra in that long premiership drought. We don't want to be all alone as the only team in the past 25-30 years without a premiership

Spot On

Coach
Parra too good all over the park & Canberra had no answers to Parra's very effective game plan. It was effectively over halfway through the first half. Raiders did well to get this far & any team that knocks out the Storm can't be too displeased with how their season has gone.

Yeah it was a very poor effort in the middle by Canberra. Absolutely dominated by the Parra pack who, to be fair, don’t have any world beaters.

RCG dominated in the middle and Pauli played great support. Listening to the hype in the media during the week, it was supposed to be the other way around.

Pop.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Parra too good all over the park & Canberra had no answers to Parra's very effective game plan. It was effectively over halfway through the first half. Raiders did well to get this far & any team that knocks out the Storm can't be too displeased with how their season has gone.
Personally raiders were only going to win by playing through the middle. Yet they tried to play it wide and parra play that game better than most teams. Cowboys will be playing it straight through the middle next week and parra will be punished.

Latest posts