What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 FW2 SF Fri - Parramatta 40-4 Canberra @ CommBank

Finals Week 2: Parramatta v Canberra

• Parramatta Eels

Votes: 20 60.6%
  • Canberra Raiders

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Personally raiders were only going to win by playing through the middle. Yet they tried to play it wide and parra play that game better than most teams. Cowboys will be playing it straight through the middle next week and parra will be punished.

Parramattas edge forwards were so strong it was like we were defending a man down.

Tbh it took a ludicrous late season collapse from the Bronx for the Raiders to even make the 8. It's a difficult season to judge as a fan. We still have massive problems but went from looking terrible to sneaking into the 8 and making week 2 of the finals.

I have no idea how we will go next year.

Parramattas edge forwards were so strong it was like we were defending a man down.

Tbh it took a ludicrous late season collapse from the Bronx for the Raiders to even make the 8. It's a difficult season to judge as a fan. We still have massive problems but went from looking terrible to sneaking into the 8 and making week 2 of the finals.

I have no idea how we will go next year.
I think we have something to work with in the backs
young 3/4's who are developing , Timoko, Kris .. Cotric ... Savage ( even allowing for letting in that howler of a try last night )
Harley Smith Shields who'll eventually replace Rapana
They'll learn a lot from these last 6 weeks ... & have the makings of a good backline lead around by Whigton & Fogarty

The Forwards are a bit of problem tho, losing Sutton & Elliot weakens us , not sure what we have in our stocks to replace them .. I hear Bateman is keen to return to Canberra , that would be enormous if that happens.
Paps is nearing the end of his career
Whitehead is so far past his best its not funny

Hudson Young is a gun
Tapine is the best front rower in the game atm
I like the way we use Woolford & Starling
The Ginger seems to becoming more effective each outing
some concerns
some positives
we're ok I think

I think we can push for the 8 again next year

Sparkles 2001

Juniors
I think it's important to remember the valiant run the Raiders had into the finals. Unfortunately their weaknesses got brought to the surface by a red hot Eels.

Spot On

Coach
I think it's important to remember the valiant run the Raiders had into the finals. Unfortunately their weaknesses got brought to the surface by a red hot Eels.
Definitely.

Lucky the score didn’t hit 50 though.

They had an exceptionally good draw from R14 which helped immensely. Not sure their weaknesses weren’t exposed in some close wins against absolutely shit house sides.

gerg

Juniors
Congrats to the Eels. Far too good and I hope that BA can cure the bald.

For raiders. Managed to turn around a diabolical season. There's definitely some issues there but also some positive signs for the future.

Bazal

Post Whore
What has been lost in the aftermath of the crushing defeat last night is the fact Canberra played 9 matches from R14 onwards against teams that finished in the bottom 8. A charmed run for the second half of the season even though Ricky made it sound as if they climbed Everest to sneak into the 8. Most of those sides are travelling like absolute busteds.

Did the Stick man find where Papa and Tapine went last night?

Tapine was excellent and Papa was just contained by better defenders.

Such a weird hill of salt to die on when Tapine is worth any three Newy middles combined?

GongPanther

Referee
This is either poor trolling, or you exposing yourself as an absolutely awful judge of rugby league.

It’s pretty simple. We didn’t have any ball while they were on the field. They did all they could, gave us good go forward whenever we had the ball, and were probably our best players. Tapine still ran for 134 metres, but he also made 40 tackles which is far more than you want your props making.

The difference tonight was the halves - Fogerty, playing in his first finals series, was a bit over-awed and Wighton probably overcompensated if anything. Brown and Moses were on fire and they were the difference in the end.
Whatever way you want to wrap this game up, a 40-4 scoreline won't convince anyone that Canberra could have been in this. As valiant as their previous run was, the Raiders were out of their depth in this game. Commiserations.

Spot On

Coach
Whatever way you want to wrap this game up, a 40-4 scoreline won't convince anyone that Canberra could have been in this. As valiant as their previous run was, the Raiders were out of their depth in this game. Commiserations.

This.

Destroyed in the middle by RCG yet boast the World’s greatest prop pairing.

No other way to sell it unfortunately. No matter which way supporters attempt to twist the stats. Forwards win big games. You win the middle, you generally get home.

Canberra middles have a habit of disappearing at this end of the season.

GongPanther

Referee
This.

Destroyed in the middle by RCG yet boast the World’s greatest prop pairing.

No other way to sell it unfortunately. No matter which way supporters attempt to twist the stats. Forwards win big games. You win the middle, you generally get home.

Canberra middles have a habit of disappearing at this end of the season.
Good thing was that they accounted for the Storm. The world of rugby league will always be in their debt.

Stagger eel

Staff member
The sins of Ashley Klein:

* Incorrectly awarded a penalty to the Eels when Gutherson dropped the ball cold, Eels scored off that set.

* Incorrectly awarded a scrum to the Eels when Rapana had the ball stripped, the Eels scored off that set.

* Incorrectly rules Sebastian Kris was in touch despite his foot staying in the field of play, the Eels scored off the ensuing set.

* Incorrectly awarded a drop out to the Eels despite offside play, the Eels score off the ensuing set.

* Incorrectly allowed play to continue despite Penisini passing after the ball-carrying arm hit the ground, the Eels scored off the next tackle.

* Failed to penalise a blatant high tackle on Sebastian Kris when the Raiders were in a try-scoring position

* Unbelievably put Jack Wighton on report for… what? Tackling too hard?

Without Klein, the Eels don’t win.

love it weepe….

don’t ever change you f**kwit…