What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Grand Final. Penrith v Parramatta

Smug Panther

First Grade
While everything before Bad Religion's 1988 Suffer is important none of it was really very good. That album changed punk rock

Munky

Coach
McClaren manufactured the Pistols after a trip to NY. He saw it as a way to promote his clothing shop. The Punk ethos was already dying by this stage. Individuality became a product.
Not that the band weren't talented in their own way.

This is my favourite music factoid.

Punk rock progenitors being as authentic as the Spice Girls and the Backstreet Boys.

But with less Max Martin bangers.

snickers007

Juniors
Anyone randomly just get on youtube and watch the 8minute highlight packages on the GF, damm that first 40 was something out of this world.. Think ive watched the post match presser about 30 times too..

3 Peat! Lets go

I had never actually seen the post match press conference, so thanks for inspiring me to watch.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
It's a great shame that Nathan was a foot short of scoring a try.

It would have ended 50 nil if he got there IMO.

Yeah agree, flood gates would have well and truly opened up.. Although To'o second try was a massive forward pass the more i've watched it.

Munky

Coach
I knew we'd win long before the game, but the way we started I thought the Manly 40-0 was on to beat

I was supremely confident but if Parra played the perfect game they could have pushed us.

I knew it was over sixteen minutes in when at six nil Moses under no pressure did a nothing bomb direct to Edwards.

Then To'o scores the same set.

The kick by Moses is one of the worst plays I've ever seen and doesn't get brought up enough. It was Parra's last chance in the game to gain any momentum and he just gave the ball to the best kick returning full back in the comp. It would have been better going out on the full.

The only way to beat the 2022 Panthers (without an injury) who are switched on would be to kick behind Staines and smash him. Then hope for mistakes to get a lead and hold on for dear life especially if panic sets in. Unfortunately for the rest of the comp the team didn't panic when behind as shown in the prelim. IMO Murray is the second best player in the NRL after the great one and Penrith worked him over until he was completely gassed fifty minutes in.

Iamback

Coach
I was supremely confident but if Parra played the perfect game they could have pushed us.

I knew it was over sixteen minutes in when at six nil Moses under no pressure did a nothing bomb direct to Edwards.

Then To'o scores the same set.

The kick by Moses is one of the worst plays I've ever seen and doesn't get brought up enough. It was Parra's last chance in the game to gain any momentum and he just gave the ball to the best kick returning full back in the comp. It would have been better going out on the full.

The only way to beat the 2022 Panthers (without an injury) who are switched on would be to kick behind Staines and smash him. Then hope for mistakes to get a lead and hold on for dear life especially if panic sets in. Unfortunately for the rest of the comp the team didn't panic when behind as shown in the prelim. IMO Murray is the second best player in the NRL after the great one and Penrith worked him over until he was completely gassed fifty minutes in.

The under rated part of our team ( and why I wouldn't start Sorro back row ) is our bench, Once the bench came on we would of steam rolled them. Murray was perfect example of getting worked over by all the pack

Sorensen and Leinu's impact has been immense across the last couple of years, That with Luai's unpredictability had me very confident. Even if they bashed Cleary and peppered Staines

Munky

Coach
The under rated part of our team ( and why I wouldn't start Sorro back row ) is our bench, Once the bench came on we would of steam rolled them. Murray was perfect example of getting worked over by all the pack

Sorensen and Leinu's impact has been immense across the last couple of years, That with Luai's unpredictability had me very confident. Even if they bashed Cleary and peppered Staines

Kenny and Salmon are role playing plodders and my worry was if Fish or Yeo went down early we'd end up like the Storm in the 2021 prelim.

I have Sorro in my all time Panther team as a bench middle forward.

Fresh acceleration and late footwork are killers twenty minutes in and I can't think of anyone off the bench who has been better for us.

Iamback

Coach
Kenny and Salmon are role playing plodders and my worry was if Fish or Yeo went down early we'd end up like the Storm in the 2021 prelim.

I have Sorro in my all time Panther team as a bench middle forward.

Fresh acceleration and late footwork are killers twenty minutes in and I can't think of anyone off the bench who has been better for us.

Kenny starting now will open up the way the bench is used better atleast.
2021 we had Kiks off the bench, That would be an all time elite bench in Rugby League

It's a great shame that Nathan was a foot short of scoring a try.

It would have ended 50 nil if he got there IMO.
Yeah I’ve watch the highlights video quite a few times as well. Apart from Nathan’s “almost” try, there were a couple of others:

* 34:17 (1st half) - Cleary grubbbers the ball through with Luai running through. Luai almost gets to the ball but Gutho gets his fingertips to the ball before Luai comes through and knocks the ball on, forcing a scrum

* 37:16 (also 1st half) - Luai grabbers the ball through the line, then Kikau toes it through and is about to dive and catch the ball for a try when Waqa comes through and bats the ball over the dead ball line.

Add all those up (and prevent Parra’s consolation tries) and we would’ve eclipsed Manly’s 2008 score line.