What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Grand Final. Penrith v Parramatta

The thing that most p!ssed me off about the K@nt’s rant on Monday evening was that he said all but two of the players (Yeo and Edwards) were mug rats. As far as I can see only three players have been accused of doing anything wrong over these couple of days.

Even if you spuriously go back over time there are players in this team that have never been accused of doing anything wrong (as far as I have seen). Martin, Sorro and Staines for three. I think Leota, Spencer, Tago and (particularly) Bizza have never been even accused of anything either. In fact, I would hazard a guess K@nt has never even spoken to three of them. Of course, for the last four they have done something wrong in K@nt’s eyes; being born in the wrong suburb and wanting to play for another country and not Australia.

The fact that K@nt chose the two of the most well known and whitest players in the Penrith side to single out as worthy shows the type of audience he is trying to connect with through his various media roles.

Last edited:

Pomoz

Bench
I agree with Hindy, a bit of humbleness shows class. They are only young, but they need to just wind it in a touch. Don't give other people ammo to use against us.

As for the class of 91, to make three in a row, two minor premierships and win two ends the debate. This 2022 team is our best ever. There were valid non-football reasons why the 91 team sunk without trace after winning, but all that does is leave questions of what if? The 2022 team have no "what if's" to consider. They delivered for three years straight and the final fact that seals the deal is that this team had 14 players developed through our systems or debuted with us (Kikau debuted with us and the club put a lot of work to improving him, he wasn't the finished article).

If the 2022 team was a stick of rock it would have "Made In Penrith" running through its core. And would taste of licorice. Obviously.

unKwn

Juniors
The thing that most p!ssed me off about the K@nt’s rant ion Konday evening was that he said all but two of the players (Yeo and Edwards) were mug rats. As far as I can see only three players have been accused of doing anything wrong over these couple of days.

Even if you spuriously go back over time there are players in this team that have never been accused of doing anything wrong (as far as I have seen). Martin, Sorro and Staines for three. I think Leota, Spencer, Tago and (particularly) Bizza have never been even accused of anything either. In fact, I would hazard a guess K@nt has never even spoken to three of them. Of course, for the last four they have done something wrong in K@nt’s eyes; being born in the wrong suburb and wanting to play for another country and not Australia.

The fact that K@nt chose the two of the most well known and whitest players in the Penrith side to single out as worthy shows the type of audience he is trying to connect with through his various media roles.
He’s an openly racist prick

Kilkenny

Coach
Humble in defeat but more importantly more humble in victory.

I don’t think we done too much wrong, the jibes at our biggest rivals are pretty tame in the scheme of things.

If the Eels had of won and a couple of there players had of given us a serve, personally it wouldn’t of bothered me in the least.

Im sure the respective players of the two teams have the utmost respect for one another and it is just banter.

The comment by Api again was nothing, he wasn’t disrespecting his new employer, club, fans the whole cancel culture world we live in is beyond silly.

Perhaps the only player who needs to moderate his on field demeanour, public and social media comments centres on Jerome. it may be in his best interests and the clubs for him to temper his ‘comments’.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I agree with Hindy, a bit of humbleness shows class. They are only young, but they need to just wind it in a touch. Don't give other people ammo to use against us.

As for the class of 91, to make three in a row, two minor premierships and win two ends the debate. This 2022 team is our best ever. There were valid non-football reasons why the 91 team sunk without trace after winning, but all that does is leave questions of what if? The 2022 team have no "what if's" to consider. They delivered for three years straight and the final fact that seals the deal is that this team had 14 players developed through our systems or debuted with us (Kikau debuted with us and the club put a lot of work to improving him, he wasn't the finished article).

If the 2022 team was a stick of rock it would have "Made In Penrith" running through its core. And would taste of licorice. Obviously.

Has anyone listened to what Brandy and MG have said about Fish's opinion. I suggest folks have a isten.

Michael Matral

Juniors
The thing that most p!ssed me off about the K@nt’s rant ion Konday evening was that he said all but two of the players (Yeo and Edwards) were mug rats. As far as I can see only three players have been accused of doing anything wrong over these couple of days.

This!!! Very obvious profiling from a hateful grump

Kilkenny

Coach
It really means nothing around what Paul Kent said, or any other media commentator who are in the cancel culture brigade.

What really matters at the end of the day, is what this team have achieved over this past three seasons.

We have been the benchmark, have been the best side, and no side could have beaten us on Sunday night it is that simple.

The 1991 and 2003 winning sides were amazing in there own right for different reasons . At the end of the day this current side has a winning rate over three seasons that very few if any sides have ever equaled, certainly in the NRL era.

It is truly astonishing. It really is.

JFH only suggested what everyone knows to be fact, the current side is the greatest side in our history and that is no disrespect to the sides who won in 1991 and 2003.

The Realist

Juniors
Whilst I agree that 91 has a huge 'what if' attached, it is clear this current side is our best team. I mean, there are arguments being made that this maybe the best team in the NRL era full stop. If it isn't the best, it is certainly a Top 5 all-time team.

Kilkenny

Coach
Whilst I agree that 91 has a huge 'what if' attached, it is clear this current side is our best team. I mean, there are arguments being made that this maybe the best team in the NRL era full stop. If it isn't the best, it is certainly a Top 5 all-time team.
The best team of all narrative is very subjective.

You can’t compare teams of different eras so even comparing this current side against our 1991/2003 sides is a matter of opinion.

Personally, I don’t want to compare given the competitions and opposition were entirely different.

If there is a difference, this current side grounds teams into submission, they attack based on defence, no other side in the modern NRL era is so relentless in defence. Our attack doesn’t win us games, it is our defence, we really could have put 50 or more points on the Eels if we were more clinical so dominant we’re we.

Blues Riff

Bench
I wonder what headline the hacks would have dreamed up if the whole team had piled onto Edwards during the award ceremony.

There's been plenty of shit written today, but that Daily Mail article is the worse "journalism" I've seen for a long time.

maple_69

Bench
If you look at hardware we are surely starting to approach the great teams, Dragons aside. One more in the next couple years and we are undoubtedly ahead of those champion Brisbane and Canberra sides and arguably in the conversation with Parra and Manly on the strength of our unparalleled win rate and the constriction of the salary cap.

70s Manly had 4 premierships, 4 Minor Premierships in 8 years.

80s Parra had 4 Premierships, 1 Runners Up & 2 Minor Premierships in 6 years.

Late 90s Brisbane had 3 Premierships and 3 Minor Premierships in 4 years.

Early 90s Canberra had 3 Premierships, 1 Runners Up and 1 Minor Premiership in 6 years.

Pomoz

Bench
If you look at hardware we are surely starting to approach the great teams, Dragons aside. One more in the next couple years and we are undoubtedly ahead of those champion Brisbane and Canberra sides and arguably in the conversation with Parra and Manly on the strength of our unparalleled win rate and the constriction of the salary cap.

70s Manly had 4 premierships, 4 Minor Premierships in 8 years.

80s Parra had 4 Premierships, 1 Runners Up & 2 Minor Premierships in 6 years.

Late 90s Brisbane had 3 Premierships and 3 Minor Premierships in 4 years.

Early 90s Canberra had 3 Premierships, 1 Runners Up and 1 Minor Premiership in 6 years.
Forget St George. No salary cap. No QLD or NZ teams or Canberra. A ten team comp. Penrith and Cronulla weren't even in the comp. It was a local NSW comp. There run is no more valid compared to NRL sides than the run of the QLD comp sides during the same era.