What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Grand Final. Penrith v Parramatta

Iamback

Coach
Chammas is good.
Forget News Limited. Very few that are fair there. Only interested in headlines. The angry ant is the worst.

Hopefully News Limited stay Blacklisted, Leak stories to guys like Chammas to really rub it in

Original Name

Juniors
All of the above.
It's the system. We get the best out of our players, even the plodders. The lazy ones and bad attitudes get moved on quickly. If you miss or turn up late to a training session, or stray from your nutrition plan that is a big deal. That is part of Ivan's culture. Every little thing makes a difference. If you don't do the hard yards someone else will and they will take your spot.

They are well coached and everyone knows their job.

Also not to be underestimated is the drive of certain players like Nathan and Yeo who want to win every year. Some players are happy with one title, others like them are not. The same mindset Lockyer and Cam Smith had. We they lose it burns them for more success. They try even harder next time. That attitude rubs off on their teammates.
@hindy111
Our players play more together as a unit compared to other teams. Yeo hitting someone short is made more effective by the options outside and inside him at that are running with their hands up looking like they might get the ball this limits the guys you can get in the tackle so instead of using up energy struggling forward against 4 guys trying to push you back it's only one or two. Anyone who's ever wrestled can tell if how tiring it is attempting to push a dude backwards onto the mat. If you don't train your stamina you feel start to feel tired after like 30 second of it. That's just one on one. These guys with the ball are 2 or 3 on one.

That kinda thing takes up a lot more stamina than one decoy runner running like 8 metres. Apply similar philosophy to other things. They just work more as a unit compared to other teams so you have to do less stamina intensive work individually.

It's like how the Romans had so much success against "barbarians" from other nations who would fight more as individuals over hundreds of year in general. Most of the time it didn't matter how bravely or fiercely they fought they just couldn't overcome their opposition fighting in units.

Last edited:

BossleyPanther

Juniors
I was there Monday morning when Api said what he said I actually couldn't believe it and thought it was disrespectful... But than I thought maybe it's a ploy to stay here. But the Tigers so desperate they won't let him go.

BxTom

Bench
Forget St George. No salary cap. No QLD or NZ teams or Canberra. A ten team comp. Penrith and Cronulla weren't even in the comp. It was a local NSW comp. There run is no more valid compared to NRL sides than the run of the QLD comp sides during the same era.
It was also unlimited tackle in the Saints and Rabbitohs glory days. Just hire the biggest players and bludgeon your way to the line.

martielang

Bench
I don't think the heats been too bad tbh. The boys did say a couple of things that were always going to polarize people but there are just as many in the media defending it. I've said it a thousand times, but it's Kents job to stir the pot.

Munky

Coach
I'm fine with stupid hot takes from the media.

Objective analysis can't fill a week of lead up each round. How many people actually want to read up or watch videos on how the Panthers work over the A & B defenders for 80 minutes (I'm just making shit up). The media isn't reporting Yeo's single missed tackle across the finals series because it gets no clicks or hype. The team conceded seven line breaks the entire finals, I'm willing to bet two of those were in garbage time in the GF. Absolutely bonkers stats from the middle defence.

Kent though is just malicious.

age.s

First Grade
I'd much prefer to read takes like @Original Name's this morning than any exploitative garbage and I click accordingly. The idea that people only want to consume McMedia is a cultural blight on the modern world. We can and should push for better.

66 SPORT

Thin skins emerge from the hangover

WESDAY OCTOBER 2012

Heroes of west long way from 'classless'

FATIMA NDOUN

he pine is Vasc

they

PAUL KENT

The

rest The w They lit the

Ma

hop Cleary add y