What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Grand Final. Penrith v Parramatta

Sime_11

Juniors
was at Guns n Roses last night at Accor in the standing area/on the field.

to get drinks etc - had to walk on left hand side of the field walking towards the Parra fans end of the ground.

Got to the point of the field right where Dylan made that incredible tackle in the second half :)

had the biggest smile on my face :)

what a great night that was :):):)

Munky

Coach
was at Guns n Roses last night at Accor in the standing area/on the field.

to get drinks etc - had to walk on left hand side of the field walking towards the Parra fans end of the ground.

Got to the point of the field right where Dylan made that incredible tackle in the second half :)

had the biggest smile on my face :)

what a great night that was :):):)

Paid $50 to see the Gunners back in Feb 2017 when they were dumping tickets for the second Sydney show.

Hottest ever recorded day in Sydney I believe, my train kept breaking down at Emu Plains and struggled to make it to Penrith.

Was an awesome show for the $50, a lot of fun being surrounded by a bunch of South Americans who go hard at concerts.

Kilkenny

Coach
Went to Hoyts Penrith Plaza tonight to see documentary The Angels - Kickin the Door Down. Iconic Aussie Band from back in the day, if maybe a little bit before many of you were born. It was very enjoyable, albeit a little sad. As a side note many me not be aware off there Lead Singer when they were at there best Doc Neeson lived in Faulconbridge for many years prior to his untimely passing from brain cancer In 2014. For any of the oldies on here who grew up loving The Angels I would recommend it, albeit very sad in many ways. They delivered some truly classic Aussie songs in the late seventies early eighties when at there best.

Went to Hoyts Penrith Plaza tonight to see documentary The Angels - Kickin the Door Down. Iconic Aussie Band from back in the day, if maybe a little bit before many of you were born. It was very enjoyable, albeit a little sad. As a side note many me not be aware off there Lead Singer when they were at there best Doc Neeson lived in Faulconbridge for many years prior to his untimely passing from brain cancer In 2014. For any of the oldies on here who grew up loving The Angels I would recommend it, albeit very sad in many ways. They delivered some truly classic Aussie songs in the late seventies early eighties when at there best.
I don’t know much about the Angels but think of lot those bands just got too precious and big for their boots.

hutchence died trying to jerk himself off #notmyhero

and you don’t see Peter Garett further west than Ultimo.

If he visited St Marys etc they would tell Pete to shove his lentil revolutionary bullshit up his arse.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
I don’t know much about the Angels but think of lot those bands just got too precious and big for their boots.

If he visited St Marys etc they would tell Pete to shove his lentil revolutionary bullshit up his arse.
Sorry, as a kid in my teens and early twenties I just loved there music.

There we’re no political statements, just great music and great live shows.

Just tried to bring attention to a movie, documentary which many may not be aware off but as fans many May enjoy watching.

Sorry for bringing it up, but if one Angels fan from the past reads my post and sees the movie it will have been worthwhile.

Just tried to bring attention to a movie, documentary which many may not be aware off but as fans many May enjoy watching.

Sorry for bringing it up, but if one Angels fan from the past reads my post and sees the movie it will have been worthwhile.
No it’s all good and interesting, thought provoking.

I wasn’t critical of The Angels or doc.

But some of their contemporaries.

I liked their cover of “ we gotta Get outta this place”,

nice driving guitars and horns.

Kilkenny

Coach
No it’s all good and interesting, thought provoking.

I wasn’t critical of The Angels or doc.
They were a great band Silverdale. Doc was a great front man, very charismatic saw them many times and many times before they became successful. Songs that have stood the test of time. Go to any RSL where a covers band is playing when they sing an Angels tune you can’t get on the dance floor. They were good and Doc May he Rest In Peace.

Best band Ive ever seen was the sex pistols. Out of tune, all over the shop, superb.

But for you kids at home, Barnsey singing the blues, never gets old.

That Fleetwood Mac lady passed on today. She wrote some of their best songs, although Stevie’s singing is better. Just my view.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
Best band Ive ever seen was the sex pistols. Out of tune, all over the shop, superb.

But for you kids at home, Barnsey singing the blues, never gets old.

That Fleetwood Mac lady passed on today. She wrote some of their best songs, although Stevie’s singing is better. Just my view.
Christie McVie passed. They were a great band Fleetwood Mac.

Wife and I had a couple of beers in Mick Fleetwoods bar in Maui when we were there in 2012.

The oldies are dying off Silverdale. Gone but not forgotten.

Murraymob1

Juniors

Did you not go out as a teenager .Did you stay at home lustily looking at your boy george posters. midnight oil regularly played in the west seen them many times at panthers.As for the angels there still playing live gigs.The live scene in the west was brilliant 80s90s .Every pub club had live bands Thursday’s Friday’s Saturday’s Sunday’s

Blues Riff

Bench

I'm a huge fan. I've still got most of their vinyl LPs stored somewhere. Most of my "live" experience with the Angels was at our beloved Leagues club. Once at the Station St building and then 3 or 4 times at the "new" place. I can also recall seeing them early on at an outdoor 2SM concert (Moore Park, I think), with acts such as Sports and Split Enz.
As a budding guitarist, I was always front ,centre, taking in as much as I could of the band dynamic, and trying to get a reaction or facial expression out of Brewster (the serious one).
I didn't know that Doc lived in Faulco, but years later I took a few lessons from Bob Spencer up at Wenty Falls, I think it was.

@jane the pain - I think that the "call and response" in that song evolved in Western Sydney. The first time I heard the crowd do it the band seemed quite bemused, but over the years went on to embrace being told to "Get F...ed, F... off.

@Kilkenny Thanks for the post, I will look out for the Doco.

And the poster above bagging Midnight Oil obviously wasn't at Penny Park in '83.

Did you not go out as a teenager .Did you stay at home lustily looking at your boy george posters. midnight oil regularly played in the west seen them many times at panthers.As for the angels there still playing live gigs.The live scene in the west was brilliant 80s90s .Every pub club had live bands Thursday’s Friday’s Saturday’s Sunday’s
I did go out but if you think Midnight Oil are cool, you are a loser.

I supported the Marilyn camp when he broke up from boy George.