What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2022 NRL Draw discussion, speculation

Valheru

Coach
I agree Panthers/Dogs is underwhelming for the season opener, surely we can do better. Souths are already out and a GF replay doesn't make sense anyway and Penrith/Parra is wasted in round 1.

Storm, roosters or Manly make the most sense.

Jono078

Referee
I think Panthers Vs Sea Eagles makes most sense to me.

Two Sydney teams and we'll see if Turbo can inspire Manly past the defending champs.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Panthers v Cowboys would be a good match up for game 1 imo. Panthers first home game since winning GF so should have no problem filling stadium with their own fans. Sydney v Qlnd draws good TV audience numbers, Cowboys better away from home early season due to weather in NQ, Any other time would probably draw a crap crowd.

attendance wise if the weather is good , Panthers V anyone would fill the joint with 21,500 fans so that actually doesn't really matter.
TV ratings will be better then usual for a dud match too up simply because its the season opener so I think the dogs will be a good opening opponent.

Choppy91

Juniors
Fantasy booking however I'd see this as an exciting round of footy.

Thur
Roosters v Rabbits (At new Sydney Stadium, 2 foundation clubs)
Fri
Knights vs Manly (Rivalry) Newcastle do well crowd wise in 6pm time slots at home.
Eels vs Panthers (Western Derby)
Sat
Warriors vs Cowboys (One for the supercoaches)
Dragons v Sharks (Local derby at Kogarah, Hines Cronulla debut)
Broncos vs Titans (Reynolds Bri debut + Add to the hype of a new QLD team entering the comp)
Sun
Warriors vs Storm (Played in Recliffe at Moreton Daily Stadium, home of the Dolphins where NZ are based in 2022).
Tigers vs Dogs (Leichardt, Sun arvo. Addo Carr against old club. Burton debut, Possibly Brooks against old club providing that rumour comes true)

Thur
Fri
Knights vs Manly (Rivalry) Newcastle do well crowd wise in 6pm time slots at home.
Sat
Broncos vs Titans (Reynolds Bri debut + Add to the hype of a new QLD team entering the comp)
Sun
Warriors vs Storm (Played in Recliffe at Moreton Daily Stadium, home of the Dolphins where NZ are based in 2022).
Tigers vs Dogs (Leichardt, Sun arvo. Addo Carr against old club. Burton debut, Possibly Brooks against old club providing that rumour comes true)
have the raiders been kicked out of the comp?

and if so why wasn't I told ?

Thur
Fri
Sat
Sun
too many derbies for rnd one
other then next year & the brisbane derby in rnd 1 , there is no need to burn them in the opening round

Jono078

Referee
This is what I'm hoping for / expecting;

Thurs 7.45 Panthers Vs Roosters
Fri 6.00 Warriors Vs Raiders
Fri 7.55 Broncos Vs Rabbitohs
Sat 3.30 Bulldogs Vs Cowboys
Sat 5.30 Knights Vs Wests Tigers
Sat 7.30 Titans Vs Storm
Sun 2.00 Dragons Vs Sharks
Sun 4.00 Sea Eagles Vs Eels

Someone2

Juniors
Tigers ruined enough 4pm Sunday games at the start of last year had something like 4/5 games in that time slot and they were all stinkers

it’s not 2005 tigers are now a boring team to watch

This is what I'm hoping for / expecting;

Thurs 7.45 Panthers Vs Roosters
Fri 6.00 Warriors Vs Raiders
Fri 7.55 Broncos Vs Rabbitohs
Sat 3.30 Bulldogs Vs Cowboys
Sat 5.30 Knights Vs Wests Tigers
Sat 7.30 Titans Vs Storm
Sun 2.00 Dragons Vs Sharks
Sun 4.00 Sea Eagles Vs Eels
some absolutely stinking crowds in that lot , not what we need for an opening round

Jono078

Referee
Really excited for the draw! Can finally do some predictions and simulations for the season ahead!

Perth Red

Post Whore

Latest posts