What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 NRL ratings

Iamback

Coach
Ok I understand where you are coming from now. You have a point although I don’t think either are going to suddenly become like the Broncos overnight.

I think either decision will require a strong investment and it will also require some sort of tempered expectation - Rugby League is not going to take over either union in NZ or fumbleball in WA but it is the chance to actually grow the game.

NZ2 you'd aim to fill Wellington Stadium a few times a year.
At this stage HBF park is 20k capacity in a city of 2m population you'd think that is too small for every game.

You won't beat either of those sports but no reason you can't get a niche following like the Swans or Lions have in AFL. Better scheduling is important too, No point playing NRL the same day as AFL is hosting over there. Being smarter like that something that hasn't always been the case with Storm scheduling

Pneuma

First Grade
Afl Australian tv deal $550mill
nrl Australian tv deal $365mill

nrl needs more Australian cities! How much of that gap do you honestly think skynz is going to close When there is no competition for the rights in that country? 2013 and 2018 sky nz deals were practically the same. I wonder why?
This is a recording

Wb1234

Referee
NZ2 you'd aim to fill Wellington Stadium a few times a year.
At this stage HBF park is 20k capacity in a city of 2m population you'd think that is too small for every game.

You won't beat either of those sports but no reason you can't get a niche following like the Swans or Lions have in AFL. Better scheduling is important too, No point playing NRL the same day as AFL is hosting over there. Being smarter like that something that hasn't always been the case with Storm scheduling
Nothing stopping a Perth nrl team taking a few marquee games to optus

maybe against south’s or the storm

Pneuma

First Grade
Nothing stopping a Perth nrl team taking a few marquee games to optus

maybe against south’s or the storm
If the NRL really wants a slam dunk moment it could nominate a 20 team comp for the next tv agreement with NZ2, Brisbane 3 and Perth all added at once. Ties up one new market, Perth, consolidates Brisbane totally out of the fumbles reach, and increases the NZ (international) market reach all in one glorious hit. Perth and NZ open new times zones for games as well. A NZ game every Friday night at 6 (alternating between both teams) ends the debate about the issue for Australian teams at home playing at that time and delivers the NZ tv audience the great game every Friday night.We can but dream I suppose.

Wb1234

Referee
If the NRL really wants a slam dunk moment it could nominate a 20 team comp for the next tv agreement with NZ2, Brisbane 3 and Perth all added at once. Ties up one new market, Perth, consolidates Brisbane totally out of the fumbles reach, and increases the NZ (international) market reach all in one glorious hit. Perth and NZ open new times zones for games as well. A NZ game every Friday night at 6 (alternating between both teams) ends the debate about the issue for Australian teams at home playing at that time and delivers the NZ tv audience the great game every Friday night.We can but dream I suppose.
After 95 they will never add so many clubs at once

if vlandys hangs around we will get to 20 and it will be those 3 teams coming in

Iamback

Coach

That would add the benefits of all areas, I would be all for that assuming all 3 have a great business case

Wb1234

Referee
You could plan them over a decade. Give them each a two to three year timeframe.
I think the way they did it this time is brilliant

suck the clubs in with another brisbane team which gives the comp a sugar hit then a few years later add the harder team bc no one likes the bye

vlandys has played the clubs off a break

Dark Corner

Juniors
And move a Sydney team to CC.