What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 NRL ratings

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
And this is the mob who want to buy fumbleball rights :

Ten’s morning news broadcast hits world record low

" it can be revealed that Ten’s morning news bulletin, hosted by Kennedy and Natasha Exelby, has set a new world record for television viewership – or lack thereof.

According to official TV ratings numbers provided by research firm OzTAM, last Wednesday morning, 10 News First; Breakfast was watched by precisely no one in Perth. As in, not a single person in a city of more than two million people, watched the show."

Also :

"following The Australian’s revelation last month that his new program recently drew just 44 viewers in Sydney, and 43 in Perth."

Billythekid

First Grade
Crazy to think we're so close to paytv ratings outright overtaking FTA. I know it keeps getting said but this surely has huge ramifications on future TV deals for the NRL. I also can't help but feel this is only increasing the incentive for more competitors to put their hand up for those rights.

Iamback

Coach
Crazy to think we're so close to paytv ratings outright overtaking FTA. I know it keeps getting said but this surely has huge ramifications on future TV deals for the NRL. I also can't help but feel this is only increasing the incentive for more competitors to put their hand up for those rights.

Says more about FTA then anything, If not for News it would have no purpose

Perth Red

Post Whore
And this is the mob who want to buy fumbleball rights :

Ten’s morning news broadcast hits world record low

" it can be revealed that Ten’s morning news bulletin, hosted by Kennedy and Natasha Exelby, has set a new world record for television viewership – or lack thereof.

According to official TV ratings numbers provided by research firm OzTAM, last Wednesday morning, 10 News First; Breakfast was watched by precisely no one in Perth. As in, not a single person in a city of more than two million people, watched the show."

Also :

"following The Australian’s revelation last month that his new program recently drew just 44 viewers in Sydney, and 43 in Perth."
Maybe an all or nothing attempt to save the station? People are creatures of habit. Getting them watching your channel frequently enough and they'll leave it on for other stuff.

All of this remains to be seen and is utter guesswork from people on this forum desperate to believe its true. Has the AFL made a rights announcement? no. Until they do, calling it a screw up is a bit rich.
remains to be seen ?
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

the 3 billion deal was just a figment of our imaginations & wishes was it ?
Lies
falsehoods
porkies
slimey used car salesmen antics

thats what the aflol has engaged in
& they have embarrassed themselves

anyone saying they haven't has their head firmly wedged in their arse

sorry I thought we were comparing apples. Sure if you want to throw in some oranges then lets add NZ. Yay we get more in NZ.
Now lets get back to working out why for the next 2 years AFL will get $53mill a year more from the respective AUSTRALIAN Tv partners.
why
aren't the NRL allowed to spend their NZ money or something ?

not the NRL's fault the aflol is only followed to any great degree in a few back water states in one country
& broadcasters are finally waking up to the enormous limitations it has as a sport

Frank Burge

Juniors
why

not the NRL's fault the aflol is only followed to any great degree in a few back water states in one country
& broadcasters are finally waking up to the enormous limitations it has as a sport
I have to agree , tv income from NZ should be included, we have a team based there and the warriors generate content for that market

The_Wookie

Bench
remains to be seen ?
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

the 3 billion deal was just a figment of our imaginations & wishes was it ?
Lies
falsehoods
porkies
slimey used car salesmen antics

thats what the aflol has engaged in
& they have embarrassed themselves

anyone saying they haven't has their head firmly wedged in their arse

again I missed the part where you dont buy any old anonymous sourced reports as gospel and the AFL made some sort of announcement on its rights.

Frank Burge

Juniors
It was wrong.

The 15% rise in viewers per round looks impressive considering all the new players in the streaming market and other options for people to watch , do you have comparative number from 2016 to 2022 for the AFL ? Was AFL simulcasting all games in 2016?

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
Maybe an all or nothing attempt to save the station? People are creatures of habit. Getting them watching your channel frequently enough and they'll leave it on for other stuff.
Yes absolutely no doubt and I`d expect all sorts of promises are being made to promote the game and continue beaming home teams into their own states. But the question remains would fumble risk going with such a poorly performing station and is Oz ready to have a sport behind a streaming paywall.
I don`t think Oz is ready for that yet and I expect that Foxtel and Seven would realise this and consequently won`t take a lot of notice of the Ten bid or let it affect their bid amount. Not this time anyway.
The main battle here will between Foxtel and Seven and sorting out their issues.

Wb1234

Referee
why

It’s not afls fault they can’t get nz interested in their game

it’s just not fair to include nz tv ratings or the nz tv deal into the comparison

just because the nrl is an international competition shouldn’t be held against the poor little afl !

again I missed the part where you dont buy any old anonymous sourced reports as gospel and the AFL made some sort of announcement on its rights.
oh so
we can expect an imminent 3 billion TV deal any day now ?

the aflol didn't comment to deny or even dampen the ridiculous ... ridiculous stories coming out either ...
meaning they were behind them , releasing their lacky jurnos to spew this crap all over the media in a pathetic attempt to create bidding tension
that failed miserably .. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

paramount themselves have said the figure was " fictional " & was never discussed.
But continue to live in fairyland if you must

when the aflol finally announces their deal & it isn't 3 billion or anything like it , I would expect some hardnosed questions as to where that deal went ..but .. i suspect it'll just be a load of bum licking from those aflol cultist clowns passing themselves off as journalists

Its long term, and may never happen. there are 100 year old Melbourne clubs that receive as much funding as Suns and GWS!
End of day their revenue increases and $1.3billion more than us in ten years is more than covering it. Why a ninth game is so urgent for us to catch up. They have earnt on avg $130mill a year more and the two expansion clubs have cost around $50-60mill a year. In short they can afford to grow into new markets and take the pain. If we can close the revenue gap maybe we can afford to do same. Imagine what the game could do with an extra $130mill a year for a decade!! Club 17 is only going to cost us around $12-15mill a year, depending what grant ends up being. We could afford to spend on new market club next and wouldn't need anything like the $25-30mill AFL spends. But as long as we keep signing lessor Tv deals we wont close that gap.
1.3 billion more in revenue &

still posting losses 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Perth Red

Post Whore
why

It’s irrelevant what we get in nz when we are talking about how Australian tv values different sport.

Latest posts