What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 NRL ratings

Marlins

Juniors
Thur - Eels V Storm 655k
metro385k, regional 215k, BVOD: 55k
No Fox/Kayo numbers yet. this will easily smash a Million Viewers. Probably around 1.2M

Frank Burge

Juniors
Thur - Eels V Storm 655k
No Fox/Kayo numbers yet. this will easily smash a Million Viewers. Probably around 1.2M
Thur - Eels V Storm 655k
Fox was 273k and kayo usually 90% of that. Can I ask where you got the regional numbers from

Colk

First Grade
200k nine metro is an embarrassment

It is (for them) Although I am sure Pippen will try and use it to argue something (you can’t put a side here or there for example) other than what it clearly shows: less and less people are watching FTA.

Wb1234

Referee
9 selected 5 duds for their saturday night games
penrith fielding their reserve grade team for last night wouldn't have helped

still
over 1.5 million extra viewers for the 5 weeks ( regionals included ) added to the NRL"s overall thumping of the aflol in the total ratings for the season
I’ll bet you loads of people didn’t even know nine had it

nine are a cancer for rugby league

The_Wookie

Bench
Yeah I know I was just wondering if Wookie had finalised the AFL season as it finished 2 weeks ago

Total AFL audiences during the 2022 season are estimated at 106.265m, with an average audience of 537,000 watching 265.662m hours of footy. This includes estimated data for Kayo, based on published data earlier in the season that gave a ratio of 0.89 to Fox STB ratings,

According to the 2019 AFL Annual Report - The cumulative national audience during the home and away season exceeded 91m (91,293,403), which was up on the 89.3m (89,348,093) in 2018. This comprised 57.41m viewers on FTA and 33.89m viewers on paytv.

Sevens audiences account for 46% of AFL ratings, with Fox Group taking out 54% during the season. Sevens season average across all matches was 278,000, including Metro audience averages of 211,000.

Foxtel set top box ratings came in at 30.94m for the season, averaging 157,000 per game. Based on early season data we believe Kayo comes in at around 136,000 per game for a total around 26.86m.

According to the 2021 AFL Annual Report streaming was worth about 90,000 viewers per game for the season.

Colk

First Grade
Is it just me? Or are we at the beginning of the next golden era for the game like we were at the start of the 90's but this time with way more cash and no dumb, shoot ourselves in the foot war ahead of us...

Hopefully. There is cause for cautious optimism but there are things that need to be fixed.

1. Get towards a national competition (there are a few areas we can and should expand to include Perth, NZ etc)
2. Fix up pathways and get some ideas going to improve second grade competitions
3. Continually improve attendances
4. Work on reducing continually the gap between the top and bottom of the competition. The quality was pretty awful last year but besides some very poor games right at the end of this season it was much better.