What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 NRL ratings

Wb1234

Referee
Yes, the new deal is what I’m talking about. Keep denying reality if it makes you feel better, even V’landys isn’t denying the reality, he’s taken to making excuses like this:

“Wha.. What if something happens??”

The AFL knows Fox is backed by one of the largest media empires in the world and their product is essential to their success in Australia. They went in with that mindset and squeezed them for max value, our head honcho made the idiotic decision to extend with them during a pandemic and didn’t bend them over a barrel, despite our product also being essential to their success.
Let’s see if you know what you are talking about

how much did the afl get paid by seven and foxtel for this new deal. How does this compare to what vlandys got for the nrl ??

Canard

Immortal
Don't the operators of BVOD know there views/viewers are because of the way it operates? Why would they bother paying an independent agency to collate them?

FTA ratings will be a thing for a while to come, but if a Broadcaster can show how much eyeballs are on their BVOD package they will certainly try to sell that to advertisers.

Nerd

Bench
Brisbane is a good call for the NRL, make no mistake, its a hugely underserviced market for rugby league and the long term derby prospects cant be under rated. the chance to get two big Brisbane audiences every week is valuable to the NRL and to its broadcasters.

Whether the next market is Perth or NZ - either works for broadcasters and timezones - doesnt really matter to me, as I think the audiences are roughly going to be the same. NZ also works from an international game development perspective.
Nah next team needs to be from Perth.

Colk

First Grade
How many in Victoria? They produce next to zero players for the competition and storm have been around over 20 years.

On the flip side, how much money has the Storm produced for the competition since their entry? I would say that they are, with the Broncos, the most important club financially to the competition.

Clubs ideally should be either adding players or money and if adding players was the only concern then you would just adding teams to markets where you already have a presence which makes very little commercial sense.

Idris 84

Juniors
We had 2 WA jnr's make NRL debuts last season. Tell me you know nothing about RL in the West without actually saying you know nothing about WA RL lol.

Just assuming it's another Melbourne but 3x smaller. I've been to Perth a number of times never saw any league presence there, but you may be right. I feel like New Zealand 2 would be better for producing more players.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Just assuming it's another Melbourne but 3x smaller. I've been to Perth a number of times never saw any league presence there, but you may be right. I feel like New Zealand 2 would be better for producing more players.
Its not. NRLWA is celebrating its 75th Anniversary this year, we have clubs here older than half the NRl clubs. We've got 4000 registered players (back in the games hey day we had 10k in a city of 1million), 12,000 touch footy players. We are producing NRL players now in small numbers. Lots of work to do but some good foundations to build it on.

There's no doubt NZ2 would by nature of the physical attributes of kiwis. But thats not the sole reason for expansion. a $188million a year tv revenue gap in 2025 with our main competitor who has a 5 metro reach would be a key one!

The_Wookie

Bench
AFL

AFL Preseason 1.089m
AFL H&A Season 106.265m
AFL Finals 19.169m
Total TV 126.524m
Total Attendance 6.752m
Attendance + TV 133.276m
Total TV Viewing Hours 316.310m

NRL

NRL Preseason 2.89m
NRL H&A Season 118.895
NRL Finals 15.552m
Total Season TV 137.338m
Total Attendace 3.441m
Total TV + Attenmdance 140.779m
Total TV Viewing hours 206.833m

Origin Series 9.393m
Rep Fixtures 2.619m
Total Rep TV 12.012m
Attendance 263,799
Attendance + TV 12.276m
Total TV Viewing Hours 18.018m

Total NRL 2022 TV 149.35m
Total NRL Attendance 3.705m
Total NRL TV & Attendance 153.055m
Total TV Viewing Hours 224.025m

Data does not include NZ. NRL Grand Final still to include VOZ data.

Wb1234

Referee
Rugby league beat afl by 26 million viewers approx

the fact the nrl without origins or New Zealand beat the afl on its own is a stunning result

basically 15 nrl clubs beat 18 afl clubs