What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 NRL ratings

funnily , it was Sydney who let the show down a bit with just 145K for an all Sydney game , thought it would push 200K on FTA
Brisbanes numbers were ok for no QLD side involved
114K probs reflecting the rise in the broncos & with that , dragging all RL ratings up in that city.

Right royally hammered by the aflol last night , we don't mind spruking our wins over them when they happen so we have to be prepared to cop it on the chin when they don't..

Last edited:

Billythekid

First Grade
620K just between Kayo and fox for the panthers/storm, fox damn. I don’t follow the numbers closely enough but that seems like a shit ton. It feels like it wasn’t that long ago that if you saw 350-400K on fox it was super impressive.

Also that’s for an absolute blowout of a game.

Iamback

Coach
620K just between Kayo and fox for the panthers/storm, fox damn. I don’t follow the numbers closely enough but that seems like a shit ton. It feels like it wasn’t that long ago that if you saw 350-400K on fox it was super impressive.

Also that’s for an absolute blowout of a game.

Kayo is a real game changer. Numbers have exploded

Billythekid

First Grade
This might be my ignorance but you can’t stream the origin games at all can you? Being on a Wednesday night I think it would rate absolute f**king gangbusters on something like Kayo.

Iamback

Coach
This might be my ignorance but you can’t stream the origin games at all can you? Being on a Wednesday night I think it would rate absolute f**king gangbusters on something like Kayo.

You can stream through ch9.

So those who stream don't miss out

Staggering numbers yesterday for the Parra v Raiders game
STV giving FTA a right royal canning

219K metro on 9
some estimates on the rest
BOVD & regionals might get that up to 420K total

Foxtel
280K & maybe another 250K on KAYO
for 530K 😳

jesus
foxtel are singing in the rain with the NRL atm.

& generally
when was the last time a sunday afternoon game between 2 NSW sides pushed a million viewers ?
The game is on fire

Last edited:

JamesRustle

First Grade
Just checked in the 9 months from Telstra shutting down AFL and NRL streaming Kayo subscriptions went up 59% or 590k people! Over 60k new subscribers covered their loss from Telstra funding!!
Yeh Fox got a tough deal out of NRL 'choosing' to close down Telstra streaming lol

Personally, I flicked Foxtel box and picked up Kayo streaming.

I've adjusted my home setup without the Foxtel box, so now it is easier for me to turn Kayo on/off at start/end of NRL season.

That's about $45/mth less in the Foxtel coffers during the season and $60/mth less in the off season.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Personally, I flicked Foxtel box and picked up Kayo streaming.

I've adjusted my home setup without the Foxtel box, so now it is easier for me to turn Kayo on/off at start/end of NRL season.

That's about $45/mth less in the Foxtel coffers during the season and $60/mth less in the off season.
Did the same, Fox get $95 a month less off me this year!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Staggering numbers yesterday for the Parra v Raiders game
STV giving FTA a right royal canning

219K metro on 9
some estimates on the rest
BOVD & regionals might get that up to 420K total

Foxtel
280K & maybe another 250K on KAYO
for 530K 😳

jesus
foxtel are singing in the rain with the NRL atm.

& generally
when was the last time a sunday afternoon game between 2 NSW sides pushed a million viewers ?
The game is on fire

although it was scattered with mistakes, it was till a pretty damn good game though which probabaly helped the ratings a lot

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Now we know why News Ltd drove out Smith and co. Smith new the true value of the game and was going to take it to market, Murdoch couldnt afford to lose it or Foxtel would be stuffed.

Wb1234

Referee
Now we know why News Ltd drove out Smith and co. Smith new the true value of the game and was going to take it to market, Murdoch couldnt afford to lose it or Foxtel would be stuffed.
They took it to market. Nobody else was interested back then

now the landscape is changing. With an average of close to 500k a game the pay tv rights would be a massive gain for anyone who gets them

and they are still increasing

They took it to market. Nobody else was interested back then

now the landscape is changing. With an average of close to 500k a game the pay tv rights would be a massive gain for anyone who gets them

and they are still increasing
will be interesting to see if the NRL adds another team 23-27 to capitalise on the explosion of interest in the game . Sure its mainly kayo & sure you're getting that for anything from $15 a month to $30 instead of $60 to $100 for foxtel
But still , STV needs top line sport & there isn't anything bigger then the NRL in Australia atm.

although it was scattered with mistakes, it was till a pretty damn good game though which probabaly helped the ratings a lot
true , it was a belter
had everything .. stunning tries.. bone jarring defence & heaps of mind boggling dumb too

high end entertainment.

Wb1234

Referee
will be interesting to see if the NRL adds another team 23-27 to capitalise on the explosion of interest in the game . Sure its mainly kayo & sure you're getting that for anything from $15 a month to $30 instead of $60 to $100 for foxtel
But still , STV needs top line sport & there isn't anything bigger then the NRL in Australia atm.
Vlandys will wait to see what the fumblers get

then off the back of that go to broadcasters with a ninth game. They said they were going to pick the team next year for a start in 2025

so I expect an upgraded deal in 2025
You’d think a 100 million increase would be expected

if they throw in Monday night football who knows maybe 150 million with extra from sky nz

with the dolphins the nrl will be beating afl by around 25 million viewers a year

with a ninth game the gap will be 30 million viewers at a minimum

with the extra womens origin games and the revival of test march football it will be closer to 35 million

the least nrl should get is what afl gets.

then a few years later they will repeat what they did now.

add the safe team in another Brisbane team which will be funded by broadcasters then again add the risky team (nz2 or Perth …whoever misses out now)

Last edited:
Vlandys will wait to see what the fumblers get

then off the back of that go to broadcasters with a ninth game. They said they were going to pick the team next year for a start in 2025

so I expect an upgraded deal in 2025
You’d think a 100 million increase would be expected

if they throw in Monday night football who knows maybe 150 million with extra from sky nz

with the dolphins the nrl will be beating afl by around 25 million viewers a year

with a ninth game the gap will be 30 million viewers at a minimum

with the extra womens origin games and the revival of test march football it will be closer to 35 million

the least nrl should get is what afl gets.
true

we won't know what the fumblers will get until later this year & if .. if .. there is some competitive tension & foxtel give derpball a significant increase , then vlandys will insist on the same or more for us.

a 2nd kiwi side would double their rights to 65 mill a year
a 6th exclusive stv game per week would be worth a mint to foxtel ... they pay over 2 mill a game atm but i have heard they value the simulcast games much lower at a million per pop & 3 mill a game for their exclusive ones.
so surely 75 mill a year extra is not out of order for game 9... 25 games

that puts our rights up to around 510 mill a year
wow
just wow

Wb1234

Referee
true

we won't know what the fumblers will get until later this year & if .. if .. there is some competitive tension & foxtel give derpball a significant increase , then vlandys will insist on the same or more for us.

a 2nd kiwi side would double their rights to 65 mill a year
a 6th exclusive stv game per week would be worth a mint to foxtel ... they pay over 2 mill a game atm but i have heard they value the simulcast games much lower at a million per pop & 3 mill a game for their exclusive ones.
so surely 75 mill a year extra is not out of order for game 9... 25 games

that puts our rights up to around 510 mill a year
wow
just wow
After funding the ninth team the arlc surplus is going to go up big time.

their cash reserves are going to be something crazy

Latest posts