What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 NRL ratings

The_Wookie

Bench
you've got to be having a larf
Parramatta in.. they have a huge following right across .. certainly NSW the ACT & QLD

the NRL will dust the 3.006 mill racistball rated & quite easily I predict , placing Australias games biggest event...
5th biggest ... In the only country on earth where anyone gives a f**k about it .. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Maybe.

No Queensland sides, No Storm....all Sydney final. If its a blow out early like the AFL one was, NRL ratings may not be any better, especially if its the Eels are the ones getting trounced.

Last time the AFL had a record low, the NRL went lower....(2019)

Still waiting for the VOZ report which includes NT and Tas.

Maybe.

No Queensland sides, No Storm....all Sydney final. If its a blow out early like the AFL one was, NRL ratings may not be any better, especially if its the Eels are the ones getting trounced.

Roosters V Raiders
arguably Sydneys smallest side V a regional team ,
not even remotely comparable to this week wet dream match up for the NRL

the last holy grail in RL ... Parramatta
36 years , no side presently thats won a comp has waited longer for another & they're failures over the last 36 years are stuff of legend
They are a monster club & the ratings will reflect this

The_Wookie

Bench
6k was regular season games. Very unlikely Perth is doing 50k when paid is ur hardcore base. City never got that much exposure to build big following.

Fox penetration over this has been pretty limited as well.

Last time I had this data, Fox averaged under 6,000 a game in Perth for NRL matches and 27,000 for AFL matches (this was 2017 though)

The_Wookie

Bench
Roosters V Raiders

36 years , no side presently thats won a comp has waited longer for another & they're failures over the last 36 years are stuff of legend

I really do hope this is the case. I may not be the biggest NRL fan on this board - but I love some good numbers.

Billythekid

First Grade
Maybe.

Still waiting for the VOZ report which includes NT and Tas.
I think if Parra dominate it would be fine. If Penrith blow them out I could see the ratings dropping like a lead balloon.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Haha. 6k for FTA. 90% increase for pay & streaming?! Yeah nah
Well without the fact of what the city split is for fox or kayo we’re both pissing in the wind. the fta audience was 22k, 60k on Kayo/fox sounds about right to me for perth given any self respecting RL fan subscribed to fox 20 years ago when nine shat on the game here And the only time a game isn’t on fox we get 100k plus.

I think if Parra dominate it would be fine. If Penrith blow them out I could see the ratings dropping like a lead balloon.
parra won't dominate
but... they might make a game of it ...they have beaten a full strength panthers team twice this year & were in the final in week one til about the 60 min mark

i think they worry penrith a bit

Perth Red

Post Whore
6k was regular season games. Very unlikely Perth is doing 50k when paid is ur hardcore base. City never got that much exposure to build big following.
Opposite in perth, Rl fans had no choice but to watch it on fox for years. I haven’t watched a regular season game on nine for 21 years.

The_Wookie

Bench
Opposite in perth, Rl fans had no choice but to watch it on fox for years. I haven’t watched a regular season game on nine for 21 years.

I think you get 15-20k at an absolute stretch, but even then that would be as long as theres no AFL or Union on.

Billythekid

First Grade
parra won't dominate
but... they might make a game of it ...they have beaten a full strength panthers team twice this year & were in the final in week one til about the 60 min mark

i think they worry penrith a bit
I agree with that. I’m just saying a blowout doesn’t matter as much if it’s the underdog doing it. If the overwhelming favourite carves up well that’s another matter.

The_Wookie

Bench
It’s not like you to pluck figures out the air lol on population % there are over 400k fox/kayo subscribers in wa

I took the not unreasonable stance that viewership didnt rise more than 250% in 5 years - since it hasnt anywhere else. Id very much like to know where that data comes from.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I took the not unreasonable stance that viewership didnt rise more than 250% in 5 years - since it hasnt anywhere else. Id very much like to know where that data comes from.
Was that a one off game you saw or an avg over a number of games? what year was it? Before kayo? You might be right but given 100k plus tune in to nine games when there is no choice and we have 40-50k fans who attend big rl games here I’d be surprised if only 25k are watching on fta and ptv combined. Shame we won’t ever know or at least until fox release city based figures.

Wb1234

Referee
Roosters V Raiders

Spot on

how’s about your club do the right thing and let the eels win

for the good of rugby league

wittyfan

Referee
All Sydney GF, I doubt we'll beat their national numbers but let's see
you've got to be having a larf
Parramatta in.. they have a huge following right across .. certainly NSW the ACT & QLD

the NRL will dust the 3.006 mill racistball rated & quite easily I predict , placing Australias games biggest event...
5th biggest ... In the only country on earth where anyone gives a f**k about it .. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
Yep, no way it will be under 3 million on Sunday.

mongoose

Coach
Roosters V Raiders

I think panthers, sharks and manly are smaller than Roosters nationally... Rooster going for back to back premierships probably would have turned a lot of neutrals off though.

Latest posts