What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 NRL ratings

Colk

First Grade
Rugby league beat afl by 26 million viewers approx

the fact the nrl without origins or New Zealand beat the afl on its own is a stunning result

basically 15 nrl clubs beat 18 afl clubs

I agree. Brilliant result that means nothing though if they are getting more money

Wb1234

Referee
I agree. Brilliant result that means nothing though if they are getting more money
Someone should email these results to the arlc

put it this way after a decade of these results every will know whose number one and pay accordingly

Colk

First Grade
Someone should email these results to the arlc

put it this way after a decade of these results every will know whose number one and pay accordingly

I would be emailing them to Fox with a note saying pay us properly in the next deal or you’ll lose these ratings/subscriptions

Wb1234

Referee
I would be emailing them to Fox with a note saying pay us properly in the next deal or you’ll lose these ratings/subscriptions
Fox know that already

they aren’t going to pay extra when they don’t need too

indeed it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s intentional paying afl extras so they keep control over rugby league

Stan could be the biggest thing to happen to rugby league since the super league war

Fox know that already

they aren’t going to pay extra when they don’t need too

indeed it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s intentional paying afl extras so they keep control over rugby league

Stan could be the biggest thing to happen to rugby league since the super league war
10/ paramount would be a better option , breaks our relationship with 9 who have diddled the game every bit as much as foxtel has for just as long ...
But...
we will give it to whom ever pays what we're worth( finally)
The starting point for the Australian rights at 600 mill a year for all NRL games 9 a week.. all stars ..WCC
origin , NRLW, all internationals

the kiwis over the top of that ,50 mill a year for game 9 & maybe 60 mill if its NZ2

hell lets also throw in Telstra training some tech apprentices doing some wiring at the new stadium at Penrith for 50 mill a year too 😉

depending on the bidding tension created between 10 .. 9 , their streaming services & foxtel , for foxtel its a bid they can't afford to lose because no NRL , no foxtel ..

, plus the kiwis , we could be looking at as much as 750 mill a year ... butta bing .... butta bang 😎

Last edited:
hmmm that 30% extra audience engagement time...

Id really like to see reach data for both codes.
reach is a myth

cricket is on all day ... yet is behind both football codes for media earnings
the baseball the same in the US both in terms of telecast length & numb of games , but not a patch on NFL rights earnings
10 bill a year for the NFL
2 bill a year for the baseball

next theory please

Steel Saints

Juniors
hmmm that 30% extra audience engagement time...

Id really like to see reach data for both codes.

Even if the AFL had 30% extra engagement time, a number of the games are overlapping or played simultaneously . With the NRL, each game is in a stand alone timeslot.

Saturday night, you would have two games on the same time. One on Seven, one on Fox. In this new deal, I would imagine that more than half of Saturday night games are stand alone, thanks to an increase of Thursday night games.

If the AFL said no to an increase of Thursday night games, then they would struggle to get to that $4.5 billion mark.

Wb1234

Referee
10/ paramount would be a better option , breaks our relationship with 9 who have diddled the game every bit as much as foxtel has for just as long ...
But...
we will give it to whom ever pays what we're worth( finally)
The starting point for the Australian rights at 600 mill a year for all NRL games 9 a week.. all stars ..WCC
origin , NRLW, all internationals

the kiwis over the top of that ,50 mill a year for game 9 & maybe 60 mill if its NZ2

hell lets also throw in Telstra training some tech apprentices doing some wiring at the new stadium at Penrith for 50 mill a year too 😉

depending on the bidding tension created between 10 .. 9 , their streaming services & foxtel , for foxtel its a bid they can't afford to lose because no NRL , no foxtel ..

, plus the kiwis , we could be looking at as much as 750 mill a year ... butta bing .... butta bang 😎
Even if if means less money the goal has to be to get rid of either nine or foxtel next time

as much as I hate nines coverage stan getting all the games for 500 million pa would leave foxtel in a situation where they are stuck with a “major” sport which gets thrashed heavily by us

plus getting rid of news ltd finally after super league would be good for the game to be truly independent again

let Rupert have his favourite sport as the primary focus on foxsports lmao

it’s time to see if fox is viable without rugby league

Even if if means less money the goal has to be to get rid of either nine or foxtel next time

as much as I hate nines coverage stan getting all the games for 500 million pa would leave foxtel in a situation where they are stuck with a “major” sport which gets thrashed heavily by us

plus getting rid of news ltd finally after super league would be good for the game to be truly independent again

let Rupert have his favourite sport as the primary focus on foxsports lmao

it’s time to see if fox is viable without rugby league
that last line is critical
it'll be fun having the whip in our hand for once..

Wb1234

Referee
Even if the AFL had 30% extra engagement time, a number of the games are overlapping or played simultaneously . With the NRL, each game is in a stand alone timeslot.

Saturday night, you would have two games on the same time. One on Seven, one on Fox. In this new deal, I would imagine that more than half of Saturday night games are stand alone, thanks to an increase of Thursday night games.

If the AFL said no to an increase of Thursday night games, then they would struggle to get to that $4.5 billion mark.
Plus they also extended their season by one game with their Sydney magic concept

after the initial bidding was poor who knows what they offered to try and get more money their whole deal is hush hush

Wb1234

Referee
reach is a myth

cricket is on all day ... yet is behind both football codes for media earnings
the baseball the same in the US both in terms of telecast length & numb of games , but not a patch on NFL rights earnings
10 bill a year for the NFL
2 bill a year for the baseball

next theory please
Wookie devotes so much time collating ratings

it’s what his twitter is famous for

then when the results don’t suit him he’s trying to argue they don’t matter

lmao

Wb1234

Referee
Exactly. We just got to have the stomach to do it and absolutely wear the negative press that will ensue.
Once the tv deals are signed news ltd will write bad stories for six months then change as their bosses tell them they need the rights back in the future

Colk

First Grade
Once the tv deals are signed news ltd will write bad stories for six months then change as their bosses tell them they need the rights back in the future

It will be an absolute pile on if it ever happened. They would also try and push out the CEO of they ever tried it.

The biggest problem is that they own the Broncos. How do you take the rights off them when they own a side

Plus they also extended their season by one game with their Sydney magic concept

after the initial bidding was poor who knows what they offered to try and get more money their whole deal is hush hush
i have no doubt the pain will be introduced gradually over the life of the 7 years
extra teams
extra games
more thursdays , eventually one every round by 2031
less fta outside of vicderpia
night gf

all factored into this deal , all contributing to the end amount paid

The biggest problem is that they own the Broncos. How do you take the rights off them when they own a side
I don't think their ownership of the broncs would be a factor
what are you suggesting , if they lose the rights they'll sell them ?

thered be buyers lining up
the donkeys are the most profitable NRL team there is & top 3 overall in all sports in this country

Wb1234

Referee
It will be an absolute pile on if it ever happened. They would also try and push out the CEO of they ever tried it.

They own like 40 percent

and the broncos don’t get a vote on the tv deal

plus their board is indep they would want the highest bidder possible

they Have a fiduciary duty to all their shareholders

The_Wookie

Bench
Wookie devotes so much time collating ratings

it’s what his twitter is famous for

then when the results don’t suit him he’s trying to argue they don’t matter

lmao

where the f**k did I do that

Twitter is more than just tv ratings. Got its real start with financial reporting.