What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 NSW Origin Side

big hit!

Bench
How Haumole wasn't in the conversation for Game 1 is a f**king joke! The bloke has been tearing it up on the right edge for Manly.

The problem with the NSW game 1 team is basically no strike players. QLD loved Freddy's team. They knew all they needed to do is pressure Cleary and Luai and half the job was done.

Sure we lost Mitchell and Turbo. Papi wasn't available. Find others! Instead Freddy and Brandy went the other way and didn't even select JAC!

Martin? Matterson? Sims? Crichton off the bench? Did RCG work the last time he was in Origin? Come on!

Penrith do well because they have a system that works against other club teams. NSW weren't playing the Cowboys or Broncos or Titans. They were playing the best QLDers from all 16 clubs. All Freddy looked at was the top 8 at selection time and picked 90% of his players from that. Going off Freddy's philosophy, Ponga or Tino wouldn't be selected if they were NSWman.

The club the player plays for is irrelevant. Pick the best players! If that means the fastest bloke on the planet who no one will catch once he's in space from the team coming 16th, then that's it! If that means a forward who gets origin everyday of the week from prelim final team last season that's residing mid-table now like Jake T, then that's it!

ek999

First Grade
Wighton was our best back in game 1 and you want to drop him for a 5/8 ?

Yeah, ok
Wighton is also a 5/8 and Burton was the Dally M centre of the year last year. Burton also has a history of playing with Cleary, Luai and Yeo along with whoever is outside him.

You could always keep Wighton at right centre but I think Crichton is a better fit on that side.

Stinkfinger

Juniors
Going off Freddy's philosophy, Ponga or Tino wouldn't be selected if they were NSWman.
Ponga ahead of Teddy. Na. There are better fullbacks than Ponga that can't displace Tedesco.
Tino ahead of Yeo or Murray? Na but you'd find a place for him on the bench I expect.

Last edited:

big hit!

Bench
Ponga ahead of Teddy. Na. There are better fullbacks than Ponga that can't displace Tedesco.
Tino ahead of Yeo or Murray? Na but you'd find a place for him on the bench I expect.
If you don’t think Ponga or Tino have a place in the Blues 17, then you suffer from the same disease as most of the NsW selectors over the journey since 1980 - the inability to pick the right players. Ponga would make a better impact at 14 than Crichton, and If you think Tino couldn’t get a start ahead of RCG or Paulo then you’re beyond help too.

There are gems in shit club sides. Their value is obvious once they’re in an elite environment

Stinkfinger

Juniors
If you don’t think Ponga or Tino have a place in the Blues 17, then you suffer from the same disease as most of the NsW selectors over the journey since 1980 - the inability to pick the right players. Ponga would make a better impact at 14 than Crichton, and If you think Tino couldn’t get a start ahead of RCG or Paulo then you’re beyond help too.

There are gems in shit club sides. Their value is obvious once they’re in an elite environment
Should learn to read bro.

Reflector

Juniors
after the bulldogs game today, Ado-carr should be walking into the side for game 2
What you've got to love about Fox is that he isn't one of these players who puts in a great effort on the eve of selection time then falls flat in Origin. He's a proven delivery man time and time again.

big hit!

Bench
Should learn to read bro.

I can.

All you said about Ponga is he wouldn't even displace other FBs behind Teddy. You also said Tino would be a bench warmer for Yeo and Murray. Mate, he should be a walk-up starting prop for NSW like he is for QLD, not on the bench.

Stinkfinger

Juniors
I can.

All you said about Ponga is he wouldn't even displace other FBs behind Teddy. You also said Tino would be a bench warmer for Yeo and Murray. Mate, he should be a walk-up starting prop for NSW like he is for QLD, not on the bench.
It's all hypothetical anyway.

Valheru

Coach
I hope that was sarcasm, coz tupou was fkn terrible, from knock ons to fwd passes, to getting fk all metres in kick returns, and that terrible stride he has, makes him look so lazy, there's no urgency in his runs unless he was put into space, he doesn't do the tough carries, like to'o did, he need a better option, that can break lines or atleast charge from kick returns, id even consider either wighton or chricton on the wing over tupou, he just offered nothing

Garbage

To'o

26 runs
207m
76 PCM
8 TB

Tupou

26 runs
211m
80 PCM
3 TB

Frailty

First Grade
Some of the changes being published by the media is a joke.
I love some Talakai, but he shouldn't be near State of Origin atm.

Talk of bringing Jake Tbrojevic in? Why? He is just bad at this point.

aqua_duck

Coach
I hope that was sarcasm, coz tupou was fkn terrible, from knock ons to fwd passes, to getting fk all metres in kick returns, and that terrible stride he has, makes him look so lazy, there's no urgency in his runs unless he was put into space, he doesn't do the tough carries, like to'o did, he need a better option, that can break lines or atleast charge from kick returns, id even consider either wighton or chricton on the wing over tupou, he just offered nothing
thats either a great trolling effort or you didn't watch the game. Over 200m is a good effort in anyone's books and since when does having a long stride because your 6'5 make you look lazy? Btw he threw one very marginal forward pass which almost resulted in a try out of nothing he had 1 knock on where he saved a certain try, i suggest you stay off the turps during game 2 to avoid another terrible take.