What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Origin II - Sun 26 Jun - NSW 44-12 QLD @ Optus

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • Queensland

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

Origin 2022 Series - Game II
New South Wales v Queensland
Optus Stadium, Burswood, WA (TICKETS)
Sunday 26 June 2022

Origin II kickoff 7:50pm AEST (5:50pm AWST)
9 & 9Now only, delayed broadcast 11pm on Fox 502

NSW2022TEAM.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Brian To'o 3. Matt Burton 4. Stephen Crichton 5. Daniel Tupou 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. Payne Haas 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. Jake Trbojevic 11. Cameron Murray 12. Liam Martin 13. Isaah Yeo
Interchange: 14. Damien Cook 15. Angus Crichton 16. Junior Paulo 17. Siosifa Talakai
Reserves: 18. Nicho Hynes 19. Joseph Suaalii 20. Jordan McLean 21. Clinton Gutherson 22. Victor Radley

QLD2022TEAM2.png

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Selwyn Cobbo 3. Valentine Holmes 4. Dane Gagai 5. Murray Taulagi 6. Cameron Munster 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Lindsay Collins 9. Ben Hunt 10. Josh Papali'i 11. Kurt Capewell 12. Felise Kaufusi 13. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui
Interchange: 14. Harry Grant 15. Jai Arrow 16. Patrick Carrigan 17. Jeremiah Nanai
Reserves: 18. Thomas Dearden 19. Thomas Flegler 20. Beau Fermor 21. Corey Oates 22. Reece Walsh

A-REF-W-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Ashley Klein
Sideline Officials: Dave Munro, Phil Henderson
Video Referee: Grant Atkins​

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
7 changes and none are to bring back JAC? But Gutho is somehow in the f**king squad? Gutho, Talakai and Suaali in the squad. But no room for JAC in a squad of 22?

The only positive for the pack is Crichton back in.... which is offset by bringing back Jurbo unfortunately. FFS there's no way a good forward pack can be built from the shit he named.

blaza88z

Coach
If Talakai starts, plan 1a will be to run at him with shape

He's nothing more than a backrower

Bazal

Post Whore
I don't understand dropping RCG and Matto from the squad completely, but keeping Liam Martin and adding Jake T, Victor Plodley, Talakai and Jordan f**ken McLean?

RCG was one of three forwards to make 100m+. Martin was literally anonymous. Jurbo is a fat penalty magnet, Plodley is a meth-addicts Isaah Yeo who hasn't even been playing, McLean is a bum and Talakai is only noticed cos he's a 115 keg back rowers running at centres.

It's not a club thing cos I also don't understand adding Gutho who's been Gunco more than anything this year. Mental squad

blaza88z

Coach
I don't understand dropping RCG and Matto from the squad completely, but keeping Liam Martin and adding Jake T, Victor Plodley, Talakai and Jordan f**ken McLean?

RCG was one of three forwards to make 100m+. Martin was literally anonymous. Jurbo is a fat penalty magnet, Plodley is a meth-addicts Isaah Yeo who hasn't even been playing, McLean is a bum and Talakai is only noticed cos he's a 115 keg back rowers running at centres.

It's not a club thing cos I also don't understand adding Gutho who's been Gunco more than anything this year. Mental squad

Liam Martin gets his spot because of Penrith and the "combinations", not exactly sure who he's combining with but that would be the reason

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Text Street GIF

Good to see Freddy keeping his cool.

Surely the Jurbo/Gutho/Radley selections are just to bring them into camp to bring some energy? Honestly Jurbo great club player but how is he going to help with our go forward? ‘but but but he can tackle good’, spare me…

I would have probably picked Fox originally but had no qualms with the Tupou call and he was in our top 5 players imo so couldn’t drop him.

Couple of simple changes was all that was needed :

-Crichton in for Sims (hopefully done)

-Api in TOO START not off the bench when the game is gone. Play Cook off the bench if you need something different (hopefully done)

-Start Murray and bring Martin off the bench

Honestly I’m an Eels supporter and would have dropped Jnr before RCG, I thought he was one of our better forwards.

One of our main issues in the first game was only having Nathan as a kicker they were picking him off like Peas off the vine. Maybe Burton can offset that but from centre I doubt…they just need to show Luai some faith to kick it occasionally.