What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Origin II - Sun 26 Jun - NSW 44-12 QLD @ Optus

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • Queensland

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I live for the shenanigans but I’ve seen this guy in Narrabri, Tamworth, Dubbo, Cobar, Dungog, Macksville, Wagga and Cooma. And he was better than the Nowra locals so I guess we’re all mates.
Clearly never been past the range, gets funky out that way, you Queenslanders, they never travel far from home.

jacki-macdonald-06e85b9e-a462-4d8b-8bc6-648b14faeba-resize-750.jpeg

Folks are.............Victorians gave you syhte for years... f**king Victorians, cannot a produce a sports person except every two decades or so. Yet they called you dumb!!! They follow VFL.

You are called Queensland, suck on de Phillips eyebrows then John Howards, you soft merkins, NSW made you hard.

Black Panther

Juniors
THEY THINK IT'S OVER

Last night was not the proudest for our heroes in Maroon, but Queenslanders everywhere were left to ponder what could've been after an unbelievable sin-binning of enforcer Felise Kaufusi late in the first half. After a spirited win in Game 1 that's long been synonymous with Queensland teams, a combination of bad luck and questionable penalties saw the Maroons eventually succumb 44-12 to a NSW Blues side who evidently treated levelling the series like they'd already won the shield.

"The sin binning changed everything" said Darren Lockyer, just before defying gravity to lean off the roof the mighty Optus Stadium structure after losing a bet with public enemy #1 Paul Gallen before the game.

There can be no doubt that NSW coach Brad Fittler's clandestine meetings with the officials leading into Game 2 had a huge sway on the events of last night. Gone was the tight, even contest where it's understood that there's a difference between an Origin tackle and an NRL tackle. In bygone eras, nobody would think twice about Kaufusi's late efforts helping to defend the try line with his Maroon brothers in arms. However, State of Origin football in 2022 is a different beast, and the prevailing sentiment from the Qld dressing room and the Maroons faithful who packed out Perth was that this wasn't Origin as we're used to.

Coach Billy Slater has many big decisions to make leading into the July 13 decider- will Kalyn Ponga (HIA) be cleared to play? How will Josh Papalii be utilised? Surely a formal meeting with NRL match officials to understand the intended rule interpretations is a must, before it is corrupted beyond recognition by those south of the border who have conspired since 1980 to take away from us what is the rightful domain of every Queenslander born and bred.

And if Slater and his team needed any further motivation, they only needed to observe the arrogant manner in which NSW celebrated at full-time and could barely without their joy at winning a tainted contest and acting as if they had just won the series. Such behaviour has never been observed from our humble Maroon champions who (after 8 straight series wins) had more reason than anybody to display such arrogance and disrespect to their opponents.

But that is what makes us different up here, and NSW are going to experience an atmosphere like no other come the decider at the spiritual home of Origin on July 13.

Game on, cockroaches.

COMMENTS

Typical NSW grubs can't win fair so Freddy has to go and sook to the refs. They'll never understand Origin like we do!

- Bazza, Gympie

How much did NSW pay the refs? Seriously, Origin has become a joke. If NSW win the series then it's clearly rigged and I will be turning my back on Origin, having followed it passionately since day 1.

- Mal, South Brisbane

How quickly those cocky Bluesers forget we won 8 in a row. NSW can win the battle like they did last night, but Qld will always win the war. Never forget that.

- Broncofan, Brisbane.

If the game was fair dinkum last night then we should be celebrating our Queensland heroes winning yet another Origin shield instead of the absolute DISGRACE that was dished up last night. Even more shameful is the one-sided commentary from the NSW panel who can barely contain themselves whenever Nathan Cleary gets within a postcode of the football. Fact is, big chin isn't fit to lace the boots of any of our Maroon legends past or present. He wouldn't even make the bench in any of those teams that won 8 in a row!

- XXXX lover, Gordonvale

Same thing happens every time NSW have a sook after they lose. They lose Game 1 and rather than take it on the chin, they have to go whinge about the refs. It's why they don't get Origin. They look for the scapegoats to blame and cut players at the drop of a hat, rather that showing faith in who they've got and picking and sticking. It's why we won 8 in a row. We roll our sleeves up when the going gets tough and show that Qld spirit because (unlike NSW) we've got a beautiful state to be proud of. There's two types of people in the world- Queenslanders and those who wish they could be us! That's why they've made it so hard for us ever since that first Game in 1980 because it burns them to see us so successful and show something alien to that lot down south- ticker. Passion. Courage. So long as we get rid of Gagai and DCE for Game 3 (both hacks and past their use-by-date) and tell Ponga to aim up or he's gone, then we're right in this for Game 3. QUEENSLANDER!

- Lynne from Deception Bay

It wouldn't be Origin without NSW being arrogant and complaining the moment something doesn't go their way. Qld rightfully should've won last night and if it wasn't for the criminal sending off of Kaufusi, we would've won easily and Cleary would've faded back into obscurity like he deserves to. Can't wait to wipe the smirk off those smug faces in the decider!

- Kevin, Boonah
Unbelievable sinbinning?? NSW were gaining momentum at that point in the game and QLD continued to give away 6 agains.. Surely you aren’t that one eyed to see that in a try scoring opportunity you just can’t keep using those tactics and get away with it..
But yeah, unbelievable..

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Clearly never been past the range, gets funky out that way, you Queenslanders, they never travel far from home.
Mate I’ve lived in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra. I’m about to have my second stint in Sydney, and I am absolutely not looking forward to that.

SBD82

Coach
THEY THINK IT'S OVER

Last night was not the proudest for our heroes in Maroon, but Queenslanders everywhere were left to ponder what could've been after an unbelievable sin-binning of enforcer Felise Kaufusi late in the first half. After a spirited win in Game 1 that's long been synonymous with Queensland teams, a combination of bad luck and questionable penalties saw the Maroons eventually succumb 44-12 to a NSW Blues side who evidently treated levelling the series like they'd already won the shield.

"The sin binning changed everything" said Darren Lockyer, just before defying gravity to lean off the roof the mighty Optus Stadium structure after losing a bet with public enemy #1 Paul Gallen before the game.

There can be no doubt that NSW coach Brad Fittler's clandestine meetings with the officials leading into Game 2 had a huge sway on the events of last night. Gone was the tight, even contest where it's understood that there's a difference between an Origin tackle and an NRL tackle. In bygone eras, nobody would think twice about Kaufusi's late efforts helping to defend the try line with his Maroon brothers in arms. However, State of Origin football in 2022 is a different beast, and the prevailing sentiment from the Qld dressing room and the Maroons faithful who packed out Perth was that this wasn't Origin as we're used to.

Coach Billy Slater has many big decisions to make leading into the July 13 decider- will Kalyn Ponga (HIA) be cleared to play? How will Josh Papalii be utilised? Surely a formal meeting with NRL match officials to understand the intended rule interpretations is a must, before it is corrupted beyond recognition by those south of the border who have conspired since 1980 to take away from us what is the rightful domain of every Queenslander born and bred.

And if Slater and his team needed any further motivation, they only needed to observe the arrogant manner in which NSW celebrated at full-time and could barely without their joy at winning a tainted contest and acting as if they had just won the series. Such behaviour has never been observed from our humble Maroon champions who (after 8 straight series wins) had more reason than anybody to display such arrogance and disrespect to their opponents.

But that is what makes us different up here, and NSW are going to experience an atmosphere like no other come the decider at the spiritual home of Origin on July 13.

Game on, cockroaches.

COMMENTS

Typical NSW grubs can't win fair so Freddy has to go and sook to the refs. They'll never understand Origin like we do!

- Bazza, Gympie

How much did NSW pay the refs? Seriously, Origin has become a joke. If NSW win the series then it's clearly rigged and I will be turning my back on Origin, having followed it passionately since day 1.

- Mal, South Brisbane

How quickly those cocky Bluesers forget we won 8 in a row. NSW can win the battle like they did last night, but Qld will always win the war. Never forget that.

- Broncofan, Brisbane.

If the game was fair dinkum last night then we should be celebrating our Queensland heroes winning yet another Origin shield instead of the absolute DISGRACE that was dished up last night. Even more shameful is the one-sided commentary from the NSW panel who can barely contain themselves whenever Nathan Cleary gets within a postcode of the football. Fact is, big chin isn't fit to lace the boots of any of our Maroon legends past or present. He wouldn't even make the bench in any of those teams that won 8 in a row!

- XXXX lover, Gordonvale

Same thing happens every time NSW have a sook after they lose. They lose Game 1 and rather than take it on the chin, they have to go whinge about the refs. It's why they don't get Origin. They look for the scapegoats to blame and cut players at the drop of a hat, rather that showing faith in who they've got and picking and sticking. It's why we won 8 in a row. We roll our sleeves up when the going gets tough and show that Qld spirit because (unlike NSW) we've got a beautiful state to be proud of. There's two types of people in the world- Queenslanders and those who wish they could be us! That's why they've made it so hard for us ever since that first Game in 1980 because it burns them to see us so successful and show something alien to that lot down south- ticker. Passion. Courage. So long as we get rid of Gagai and DCE for Game 3 (both hacks and past their use-by-date) and tell Ponga to aim up or he's gone, then we're right in this for Game 3. QUEENSLANDER!

It wouldn't be Origin without NSW being arrogant and complaining the moment something doesn't go their way. Qld rightfully should've won last night and if it wasn't for the criminal sending off of Kaufusi, we would've won easily and Cleary would've faded back into obscurity like he deserves to. Can't wait to wipe the smirk off those smug faces in the decider!

- Kevin, Boonah
This is amazing work. Early contender for post of the year.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Cam Munster is talked up like he's some sort of f**king Wallie Lewis beast in Origin. But the stats just don't back that up at all.

He has played part in 4 full Origin series and has only won one of them. Cleary played part in those same 4 series and won 3 of them.

This will be Munsters 5th full series (if he's able to play Game 3) and could very well lose it putting him at a 20% series win rate for full series. Or he could win and be sitting on a whopping 40% with 2 series wins from 5 series. I mean he can be absolutely great at times, but he has gone missing so many times aswell and yet he has somehow been branded as a big game player.
Always said it about him, rocks and diamonds. He can be an absolute match winner, or can be MIA. That's at origin and finals time. Thats why I was pleased Storm made sure they got Hughes signed up before worrying about Munster. Out of the two I'd take Hughes for consistency and $ value every day of the week

Perth Red

Post Whore
Unbelievable sinbinning?? NSW were gaining momentum at that point in the game and QLD continued to give away 6 agains.. Surely you aren’t that one eyed to see that in a try scoring opportunity you just can’t keep using those tactics and get away with it..
But yeah, unbelievable..
Actually Qlnd were on top. A penalty near Halfway then six agains on the line and Qlnd still repelling. It wasnt till the sin bin that momentum turned. Not saying it wasnt just, but it did turn the flow of the game for sure with 1min to got to HT. No excuses for a terrible second half defensively though, missing 1:1 tackles and being so far off your wing is inexcusable at this level.

mxlegend99

Referee
Always said it about him, rocks and diamonds. He can be an absolute match winner, or can be MIA. That's at origin and finals time. Thats why I was pleased Storm made sure they got Hughes signed up before worrying about Munster. Out of the two I'd take Hughes for consistency and $ value every day of the week
Yeah somehow Hughes has gone under the radar as their most important player. It's pretty amazing really. Munster I think gets by because he looks like a lot of fun to have a beer with... or nose beers with.

I mean he would be my pick for the Australian #6 still. But I don't quiet see him as being on another planet like Joey did in Game 1. Best thing he does is his awareness to go for 1 on 1 steals probably. No one else seems to go close to him in that area.

Billythekid

First Grade
Cam Munster is talked up like he's some sort of f**king Wallie Lewis beast in Origin. But the stats just don't back that up at all.

He has played part in 4 full Origin series and has only won one of them. Cleary played part in those same 4 series and won 3 of them.

This will be Munsters 5th full series (if he's able to play Game 3) and could very well lose it putting him at a 20% series win rate for full series. Or he could win and be sitting on a whopping 40% with 2 series wins from 5 series. I mean he can be absolutely great at times, but he has gone missing so many times aswell and yet he has somehow been branded as a big game player.

It’s kind of hard to compare directly like that in a game like league. If Munster was playing for NSW and Cleary for QLD do you think those results would be reversed?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Mate I’ve lived in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra. I’m about to have my second stint in Sydney, and I am absolutely not looking forward to that.
Like any city, depends where you are.

Try another country, great experience.

I hate Victoria, been there too much, Singapore was awesome.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
It’s kind of hard to compare directly like that in a game like league. If Munster was playing for NSW and Cleary for QLD do you think those results would be reversed?
Should be Cleary and Munster for AUS.

Teddy over Ponga in a heartbeat.

Hooker is tough.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I thought and continue to think Hunt is a quality player, still yet to see him used correctly for 80 minutes, if that includes a break, not sure.

Guy can play, never seems used right, and I am unsure how to either.

Up to Billy, maybe after he is sacked, Cameron will work it out.

Dude is quality.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
THEY THINK IT'S OVER

Game on, cockroaches.

COMMENTS

- Bazza, Gympie

- Mal, South Brisbane

- Broncofan, Brisbane.

- XXXX lover, Gordonvale

- Kevin, Boonah
salty GIF

Latest posts