What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Origin III - Wed 13 Jul - QLD 22-12 NSW @ Suncorp

Series: QLD v NSW

• Queensland

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • New South Wales

Votes: 21 84.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well technically the NRL is all that matters.

As I said earlier NSW could win Origin every year and however satisfying that would be, nothing will ever beat the feeling of seeing one's club win a premiership and that 2016 premiership win was a million times sweeter than any Origin series win.
I dunno, 8 in a row felt pretty good without any peptides.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Well technically the NRL is all that matters.

As I said earlier NSW could win Origin every year and however satisfying that would be, nothing will ever beat the feeling of seeing one's club win a premiership and that 2016 premiership win was a million times sweeter than any Origin series win.
You're clearly not getting it then
I love NRL football
Origin football is incredible
International football is great and getting better every year.
2006 was an unforgettable year because the Broncos Qld and Australia all won.
Where am I going wrong here?

Reflector

Juniors
Hahaha. It was only last year that Fatty said in commentary they should just call off game 3 because NSW was too good.
If memory serves me correctly, back in 2000 Gordy said there was no point playing Game 3 after NSW won the series at Lang Park in Game 2. Meninga also said (back around 2005 or 06?) that if Qld weren't successful then the concept of Origin was in jeapordy

DCE kicked several times from inside his own 30 early in the tackle count. He kicked from inside his own 20 several times. All of them found grass and turned what would have been great field position for NSW into a chance for QLD to

meanwhile Cleary had several last tackle chances from inside Qld’s 40 in the second half. He kicked pedestrian bombs to no one every time.

he got absolutely schooled by DCE. Meninga will be picking the QLD halves with 100% certainty
So I rewatched the second half last night up till the 70th minute cause I thought you may have seen something I didn’t but after watching 75% of it I was thinking what the fk are you on about.

so there was one kick which DCE kicked when QLD was pinned in their half because of a misfired pass and that turned out to be pretty good but not because of it but because your boy Tupou let it bounce and gave QLD more time to get down to defend.

Then he kicked early in the set, on second tackle I think and found grass which was a pretty alright kick but early in the set and Tupou and to a lesser extent Tedesco wearnt back there like they were supposed to be.

Then he kicked early again to To’o which wasn’t a great kick cause he brought it back hard but turned out to be a good result because Talakai knocked it on when trying to milk a penalty.

There was a 40/20 kicked but that was by Ben Hunt. One of the few times we were down there early in the second half, useless Angus Crichton had the ball stripped from him by Ben Hunt.

Howwy

Juniors
When was the last time someone from Queensland said Origin is dead? Some f**king Courier Mail journo 22 years ago?
As I recall, it was after Game 3 2005 that CM poobah Barry Dick (the name seems strangely apropo) scrawled something to the effect that further SoO series defeats (3 consecutive to that point) had the potential not only to kill Origin but to "take down Qld football with it". WIsh I'd kept that.

It was also this goober who also quite openly (i.e. in print) stated that he didn't do things like analysis and history, he was a stirrer ... and seemed rather proud of that. Another bit of copy I wish I'd kept.

Latest posts