What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 PF Sat - Penrith 32-12 South Sydney @ Accor

Finals Week 3: Penrith v South Sydney

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kilkenny

Coach
The media love Latrell, talk the guy up, he talks himself up, but not just tonight, he just isn’t a fullback, poor in virtually all facets of the position. It’s embarrassing, it really is. Week in week out the Panthers fullback Dylan Edwards delivers on half the money.

GongPanther

Referee
He's a shit fullback. Anyone doubting it has no idea about the sport
To be fair, he performs his best when he is in a top notch side such as SOO. Trell's problem is he is too much in the spotlight. Brilliant player on his day, but the media really need to step back a bit.

GongPanther

Referee
Yeah look, with Luai they’ll probably find a way to give him a fine, even though it was direct to the head.

But Kikau was a deadset shoulder charge. They’re tough on those, it can’t be a fine.
After Tolomololo's case yesterday, I'm certain we will be playing without Kiks.

GongPanther

Referee
Yes. By that shitty logic, none of us could criticise a player for playing shit because none of us have enough talent to even play at that level.

If players don’t give 100% on the field compared to what others do, and what we know they’re capable of, it’s entirely appropriate to call that out.
Very well put.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
May be an image of 1 person and standing

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
It does? Explain how?

I don't think that using a much peddled image of a vfl player responding to racism that's used by the AFL as a virtue signalling exercise is appropriate here, particularly given the recent allegations (again!) of racism in the code that' has racism embedded at every level in playing, coaching, admin and fans. I don't think that's something to aspire to.

Last edited:

Pippen94

First Grade
It does? Explain how?

I don't think that using a much peddled image of a vfl player responding to racism that's used by the AFL as a virtue signalling exercise is appropriate here, particularly given the recent allegations (again!) of racism in the code that's embedded at every level. I don't think that's something to aspire to.

Read comments in this forum. Not just afl problem

Pippen94

First Grade
Pippen94 - Trolling Review
By skeepe

Started out strong with some decent bait on the hook that was eagerly swallowed. Full marks for that.

Where I have criticisms is where he went after that. Whatever subtlety there was at the beginning disappeared, and he became stuck in the quicksand of repetition. This exposed the lack of preparation and attention to detail, as he had no strategy to gently massage things back in his direction - to re-bait the hook, if you will.

Instead what we saw was a series of ill-conceived attempts to wrest back control by repeating and escalating the same message over and over, culminating in that rarest of rare feats - the self own.

Playing the race card will almost always end in defeat and ridicule, and so it was here. What started as a promising trolling session in the biggest game of the year so far turned into yet another sad example of wasted potential.

Better luck next time.

2 stars.

Hilarious. The guy joking about performing oral sex multiple times during game is amused. Algonquin round table stuff

Pippen94

First Grade
Criticising a player for obvious and glaring failures, a poor attitude and terrible positioning onfield isn't racism.

I'm nominating you for a Paul Carige award.

Labelling player with stereotype specific to their background is racist. Particularly when past indigenous greats coped same rubbish. Bullshit criticism too, because there's no way to prove without having access inside player's mind & the idea somebody excelling at highest level sport is lazy is laughable (hence cartoon).

As moderator you going to doing anything about all the homophobic posts here?! Of course not

I like Latrell, i think he comes across as a decent fella in a sport full of ego and the criticism he cops aimed at him personally is unwarranted. However, it's glaringly obvious the difference between games when he's switched on or off are chalk and cheese, when he's on he's unstoppable with the ball and makes the game look easy and will smash anyone that runs near him, when he's having an off game you just don't even see him at all.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Labelling player with stereotype specific to their background is racist. Particularly when past indigenous greats coped same rubbish. Bullshit criticism too, because there's no way to prove without having access inside player's mind & the idea somebody excelling at highest level sport is lazy is laughable (hence cartoon).

As moderator you going to doing anything about all the homophobic posts here?! Of course not
If you think something is inappropriate, report it. If you haven't done so, you're the one to blame, not the mods.