What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R1 Fri - Canberra 24-19 Cronulla @ GIO

Round 1: Canberra v Cronulla

• Canberra Raiders

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vic Mackey

Referee
I’m not buying into the sharks this year. If Fogarty didn’t have a longterm injury Raiders were my pick to jump into the 8. Not sure they will now but I think they win Friday.

Canberra by 10

mongoose

Coach
Krusty the clown Velami on the wing ?
hmmmmmm

this will be one of 2 things , a master stroke by stick or an unmitigated disaster

Im opting for the latter based on all of Velami's performances to date , he is simply not an NRL player & has no clue how to play at that level .. defensively he has NFI , in attack the same ( unless he just has to run a straight line hard )& under the high ball ( the final game against the rooster last year was a horror movie ) he is a lottery ...
I hope I'm wrong but that selection has the raiders vulnerable on that edge
Valemi is hopeless. He's like our version of Ravalawa where McGregor persisted and persisted with him thinking he will eventually turn into a Sivo or Vunivalu.

JamesRustle

First Grade
We will have to wait another week, probably a month, before Skeepe provides any entertainment.

Raiders by 14.

Fangs

Coach
Beach boys will be too cold to play football this weekend. They'll be thinking about some killer waves.

This will be a scrap. Raiders to win.

SBD82

Coach
Valemi is hopeless. He's like our version of Ravalawa where McGregor persisted and persisted with him thinking he will eventually turn into a Sivo or Vunivalu.
I’m all for a Mary sledge.

But Ravalawa finished last year in much better form than Sivo. And outplayed him when they went head to head.

If the NRL could stop suspending him for tackling too hard, he could be the best winger in the game.

This Year?

Immortal
I tipped the Raiders. With the magnificent draft horse and his flowing mane, surely they can't lose.

Valheru

Coach
Going to this one tonight and it should be a good contest. Absolutely perfect day for it in Canberra. No excuses for not getting 15k plus.