What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R1 Fri - Canberra 24-19 Cronulla @ GIO

Round 1: Canberra v Cronulla

• Canberra Raiders

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2022 - Round 1
Canberra Raiders v Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
GIO Stadium Canberra, Bruce (TICKETS)
Friday 11 March 2022

NRL kickoff 6:00pm

CAN2022TEAM.png

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 2. Nick Cotric 3. James Schiller 4. Matthew Timoko 5. Semi Valemei 6. Jack Wighton 7. Brad Schneider 8. Josh Papali'i 9. Josh Hodgson 10. Joseph Tapine 11. Hudson Young 12. Corey Harawira-Naera 13. Elliott Whitehead 14. Tom Starling 15. Emre Guler 16. Adam Elliott 17. Corey Horsburgh 18. Ryan Sutton 19. Matt Frawley 20. Trey Mooney 21. Harry Rushton 22. Jarrod Croker 23. Xavier Savage 24. Sam Williams

CRO2022TEAM.png

1. William Kennedy 2. Sione Katoa 3. Jesse Ramien 4. Ronaldo Mulitalo 5. Matt Ikuvalu 6. Matt Moylan 7. Nicho Hynes 8. Toby Rudolf 9. Blayke Brailey 10. Braden Hamlin-Uele 11. Briton Nikora 12. Teig Wilton 13. Dale Finucane 14. Aiden Tolman 15. Siosifa Talakai 16. Royce Hunt 17. Andrew Fifita 18. Luke Metcalf 19. Jesse Colquhoun 20. Lachlan Miller 21. Jenson Taumoepeau 22. Jayden Berrell 23. Jonaiah Lualua 24. Thomas Hazelton

A-REF-R-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Ben Cummins
Sideline Officials: Darian Furner, Matt Noyen
Video Referee: Chris Butler

- Lower Grades: NSW Cup & Jersey Flegg U21 -
Cronulla / Newtown v Canberra at Henson Park, Saturday
Flegg 12:30pm / Cup 3pm​

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
The Sharks, like the Dogs, are going to take a bit of time to jell. With this match being played in Canberra, and not quite sure of the Raiders makeup, I've gone for a 14 all draw.

Ricky will find this game slipping right through his hands. This season will not go like he planned. Sharks by 16.

Krusty the clown Velami on the wing ?
hmmmmmm

this will be one of 2 things , a master stroke by stick or an unmitigated disaster

Im opting for the latter based on all of Velami's performances to date , he is simply not an NRL player & has no clue how to play at that level .. defensively he has NFI , in attack the same ( unless he just has to run a straight line hard )& under the high ball ( the final game against the rooster last year was a horror movie ) he is a lottery ...
I hope I'm wrong but that selection has the raiders vulnerable on that edge

BadnMean

Juniors
hmmmmmm

this will be one of 2 things , a master stroke by stick or an unmitigated disaster

Im opting for the latter based on all of Velami's performances to date , he is simply not an NRL player & has no clue how to play at that level .. defensively he has NFI , in attack the same ( unless he just has to run a straight line hard )& under the high ball ( the final game against the rooster last year was a horror movie ) he is a lottery ...

Well if you'd watched the trials you'd have seen master coach Ricky working on Semi's wing play by giving him minutes only at centre in the trials. Where he demonstrated his ability to drop the ball further infield, run his winger out of room before dribbling a hospital pass & shooting out of the line really hard only to to a a gentle, slow mo dive and land at the feet of the target player- with or without contact (which to be fair, he also did as a winger).

So he's really learnt a lot in the off season about being a substandard centre, which will give him a more nuanced understanding of how to be a substandard winger.

Xavier Savage must be wondering why he didn't figure out that dropping balls & generally not knowing what to do on a football field was the key to selection. Also, he runs too fast for Ricky's liking. Ricky seems to like his wingers hulking, but slow. Valemi has packed on some serious size this year.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
hmmmmmm

After he has a complete barry and gets dropped next round for the BYC to come back into the backline ricky will look like a genius!

Latest posts