What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R11 Fri - Parramatta 22-20 Manly @ CommBank

Round 11: Parramatta v Manly

• Parramatta Eels

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JokerEel

First Grade
Pretty good effort from Parra in terms of ruck infringement and penalties. I can't remember either of these blown to Manly.

I know they gave away at least 2 penalties for obstruction/foul play.

Almost the perfect 80 minutes of discipline.
Not bad in 2022 VLANDYSBALL.

Well if Manly were able to set up a camp base every tackle I doubt the Eels were ever going to be called for a ruck infringment at all.. Jurbo is the king of slowing the play down without getting back called atleast 15 times a games.

JokerEel

First Grade
Which leads to the next question.

How does Harper not connect with the head?

It was in that position due to a wet field caused the attacker to fall. There needs to be allowance for that

No you hit someone in the head it's a penalty. Like it was tonight....

I don't see anyone complaining about the ref asking the bunker to check if Nathan Brown touched the ball before a goal line dropout but a ref questioning a potential high tackle is a no no 🤦🏼

JokerEel

First Grade
I completely understand where you’re coming from, but I still haven’t seen a shot where there was contact with the head.
I have seen contact with Perham’s chest while his head was tilted backwards which caused a spectacular collision, but no vision of contact with the head.
There was multiple replays as well.
I know the NRL is big on player safety and I back that 100%, but where is the ‘line’?
Each individual will have their ‘line’ and I think the majority of long term fans have their line set to a different position than the NRL’s.
No one knows who is right or wrong on where you set that line, but if it continues the way it is, some supporters will be lost.
Will there be enough new supporters to fill that gap is the gamble the NRL will have to take.

There is.an image floating around with the contact to the head.

What in God's name are you going on about losing supporters 🤦🏼

Geez people love a whinge....

Apey

Staff member
They've been penalising head high shots on falling players for years now. Delusional or dishonest to say otherwise. The only point of contention is whether he was actually hit high or not. I thought he was, but I'd have to see it again.

Binga

Juniors
Surely these blokes with the whistle have been around the game to understand the game.
Like that try saving tackle by the Manly winger. Awesome tackle, but straight away you can hear the officials discussing whether it was a penalty or not.
The bloke dropped a foot and a half in a millisecond and I still haven’t seen a clear shot of contact with the head.
I know the on field refs don’t have the luxury of slomo replays, but even straight up, I don’t think anyone watching live was thinking penalty, yet that was the officials first discussion.
F2AFB99C-8C06-4DA8-BC91-38F2C8A6E589.jpeg

mave

Coach
Look, that tackle has been a penalty for a while now.
I'm ok with the penalty, despite the circumstances.

At least they are being consistent in one area.

Eelctrifying

Juniors
No doubt we got some very lucky calls. But, there have been games where we have been on the other side of shit like this. It's not right, they should do better, but at the end of the day that's footy and tries aren't scored unless the defence can't stop them which is 100% on the defending team.