What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R11 Fri - Parramatta 22-20 Manly @ CommBank

Round 11: Parramatta v Manly

• Parramatta Eels

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maximus

Coach
Has high contact of any kind not been a penalty for at least 12 months?

The only time it has been a penalty for a bloke getting hit in the head after dropping 5 feet is any time Tedesco is tackled, and when the ref desperately needs to manufacture an Eels penalty

Vic Mackey

Referee
I didn’t see the first half, just saw the Moses sin binning, probably fair however I’m not sure he took a meter off Tom, which was the exact reason given why Tom wasn’t sin binned when he did it to Toa in our game. You can’t tell me the bigger players don’t get ruled differently

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
It's just unfathomable how little quality and accountability there is in refereeing?

The sin bins were both dross IMO. We got fair penalties out of our end but could have easily given up more too. I just hate that every game turns into a discourse about refereeing...
You didn’t give up any bar the professional foul, there’s the issue. 0 set restarts too. When the other team is getting pinged it makes a very uneven game, and unfair momentum swings.

eagles4eva

First Grade
We were never honestly in the mix. Last years result just showed how f#cked and weak the NRL was with us finishing in the top 4..

This year is a true indication of our roster, now Turbo gone were a bottom 4 team

Bazal

Post Whore
The only time it has been a penalty for a bloke getting hit in the head after dropping 5 feet is any time Tedesco is tackled, and when the ref desperately needs to manufacture an Eels penalty

Mate Matterson got sent off last year for a bloke pinballing into his shoulder off another defender (same thing happened the other day and LU universally hated the sin bin).

I can't remember the exact game, maybe Frizzell? was at least penalised if not sin binned when a bloke got dropped and he collected him high with a clenched fist at hip height last year.

It's not about whether or not I agree it should be a penalty, high contact has been for the last year at least.

Someone2

Juniors
The form Moses is in he has to be the NSW#7

if you gotta have Cleary in the team move him to 6 or off the bench

Vee

First Grade
It's just unfathomable how little quality and accountability there is in refereeing?

The sin bins were both dross IMO. We got fair penalties out of our end but could have easily given up more too. I just hate that every game turns into a discourse about refereeing...
No. If you think you can do better, do a course, pick up a whistle. I hate Cummins as much as the next RL fan but walk a mile in his shoes.

Chippy73

Bench
Instant classic
Mad Max Reaction GIF

Bazal

Post Whore
No. If you think you can do better, do a course, pick up a whistle. I hate Cummins as much as the next RL fan but walk a mile in his shoes.

I have, if you want to be a knob about it. Was a CRL ref for a while. Two blown ACLs (and a third since retirement) put an end to both on field and whistling careers.

I don't understand the blind defence of referees. Deadset, we can slam professional players all we like but professional referees are exempt?

Eelectrica

Referee
Yeah. Players in the teams we follow ain't perfect. Expecting the refs to be perfect ain't happening either.
Tonight we got the rub, no doubt. Next time it probably goes the other way.

Shame about Tommy though. No matter who you support, players like Tommy are why watch

Reactions: Vee

Vee

First Grade
I have, if you want to be a knob about it. Was a CRL ref for a while. Two blown ACLs (and a third since retirement) put an end to both on field and whistling careers.

I don't understand the blind defence of referees. Deadset, we can slam professional players all we like but professional referees are exempt?
Fair call if true. But I'm an ex-ref as well and I get fed up with keyboard warriors with less of a clue than Gus passing judgement.

some11

Referee
I'd do my best to get a gig, play the long con, get selected to ref NRL then be the biggest merkin you've ever seen.

• Haha
Reactions: Vee

Bazal

Post Whore
Yeah. Players in the teams we follow ain't perfect. Expecting the refs to be perfect ain't happening either.
Tonight we got the rub, no doubt. Next time it probably goes the other way.

Shame about Tommy though. No matter who you support, players like Tommy are why watch

I don't reckon anyone expects perfection. Just they don't wrongly have an adverse impact on the game, like they seem to most games lately.