What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R11 Thu - Newcastle 12-36 Brisbane @ McDonald Jones

Round 11: Newcastle v Brisbane

• Newcastle Knights

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lynx000

Juniors
It's great for the game seeing the broncos back in the winners list. Their fans are a great bunch who don't deserve to be called inbred, horse f**king, arrogant, self entitled losers.

Kevvie is the next supercoach, the intelligence just oozes out of his spunky hot little body.

Hopefully channel nine recognises this and gives them more FTA Thursday and Friday night games.
Hmmm, if you were anymore salty you would be the Don Juan Pond.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
It's great for the game seeing the broncos back in the winners list. Their fans are a great bunch who don't deserve to be called inbred, horse f**king, arrogant, self entitled losers.

Kevvie is the next supercoach, the intelligence just oozes out of his spunky hot little body.

Hopefully channel nine recognises this and gives them more FTA Thursday and Friday night games.
ILY so much AG

Reflector

Juniors
c66.gif
Thank goodness you put 'SALT' in big letters otherwise people would've thought it was nose-beer.

You bet I'm salty. As is every other RL fan who tuned in last night hoping for a genuine contest. When that Gagai try was disallowed I said to a mate "You watch, the Broncos will get a passenger ride from the officials the rest of the night from here" and I wanted so badly to be proven wrong.

I could be wrong, but I'm assuming most league fans want to watch a game without predicting a tonne of potentially momentum-shifting calls in favour of one particular side and being proven right. Because that's good for the fans of the teams getting the advantages and bad for everybody else.

Frailty

First Grade
Thank goodness you put 'SALT' in big letters otherwise people would've thought it was nose-beer.

You bet I'm salty. As is every other RL fan who tuned in last night hoping for a genuine contest. When that Gagai try was disallowed I said to a mate "You watch, the Broncos will get a passenger ride from the officials the rest of the night from here" and I wanted so badly to be proven wrong.

I could be wrong, but I'm assuming most league fans want to watch a game without predicting a tonne of potentially momentum-shifting calls in favour of one particular side and being proven right. Because that's good for the fans of the teams getting the advantages and bad for everybody else.
Outside of the obstruction try, what decision was wrong?

The Gagai No-Try decision was 100% correct.

blaza88z

Coach
Forever known as the time the broncos scored 36 points with a halves pairing of some kid on debut and tyson gamble.

It's a shit spine on paper but somehow walters has made it work.

Ezra Mam is a real talent and I was impressed with his 2nd half last night, early on he knocked it on twice, went to kick it and gave it an airswing..

The kick to Oates was on his non-preferred foot, they locked him away prior to him making his NRL debut and I got to say, I think they got that one right, again.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Ezra Mam is a real talent and I was impressed with his 2nd half last night, early on he knocked it on twice, went to kick it and gave it an airswing..

The kick to Oates was on his non-preferred foot, they locked him away prior to him making his NRL debut and I got to say, I think they got that one right, again.
Agree

We actually have some depth

Been a while

blaza88z

Coach
Game over.

Well done officials- we had what looked like a great contest up until about the 65th minute, and then you had to ruin it.

The obstruction call was a bad call but you can't say that the decision cost Newcastle the game, they had so many chances in the first half to at least go into half time with a lead and to be fair, as @Apey rightly pointed out, it's the neutrals carrying on about Newcastle being robbed.

They had their opportunities and weren't good enough, a single error in the bunker isn't the reason they lost. In the first half they dropped the ball over the line, twice. At half-time they had 21 tackles in our 20, we had 8 in theirs. The 11 line breaks they conceded, 50 missed tackles.. it goes on and on.

A single bunker decision did not determine the result.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Almost forgot

Glorious victory

5 in a row yeah baby

Dropping the ball too much and those f**ken forward passes are doing my head in

Lebbo73

Bench
In all seriousness, I sense a bit of a Penrith of 2003 kinda vibe i.e. going from no hopers to title winners overnight due to a few smart older heads and lots of good youngsters at the same time and playing with no fear. I hope not though...
Well, I’ll take your word for it. I like what I see so far. Especially in defence.

bfoord

Juniors
Wow the Ref's back on Broncos payroll it seems. What a disgrace.
You either judge black n white or you go off vibe/common sense/mabo. Black n White: Gagai knocks it on and doesn't "re-grip" so by the book its NO TRY. But he grounds it with a full hand on ball with downward pressure - so it SHOULD be a try cause it 100% looks like one. Live and slow mo.
Then, a BLATANT, by the book obstruction is completely ignored because...... vibe.

Rediculous. Bias. Farce

So do you want it black and white or not, because Gagai was 100000% correct and the exact same way these have been called for years. As soon as there is separation he can no longer just force the ball with downward pressure he MUST re-grip (I.e catch) the ball again PRIOR to it coming into contact with the ground.

On the obstruction, most Broncos fans agree it was a howler (unless the rules have some technicalities about when to pass so it's not an obstruction) ... we just don't give a shit. It's nice to finally have a howler go our way they rarely do)

Reflector

Juniors
Outside of the obstruction try, what decision was wrong?

The Gagai No-Try decision was 100% correct.
Technically Gagai lost his grip on the ball, but he'd regained sufficient downward pressure on it before it hit the ground. They need to view a full-speed replay instead of slow-mo to look for the one frame where the players' hand is separated from the ball, giving the impression of a bobble.

On top of that, I'm not convinced they bother to check it upstairs if it's a handful of other teams in the comp.

Latest posts