What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R18 Sun - Melbourne 16-20 Canberra @ AAMI

Round 18: Melbourne v Canberra

• Melbourne Storm

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Canberra Raiders

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skeepe

Immortal
On the Olam “tackle”, I guess you couldn’t penalise it for a shoulder charge because, well, there’s not much shoulder involved.

It’s a headbutt.

1658049492494.png

moffla

Bench
Many folk on here jacking themselves off over the demise of the Storm. 2022 is done and dusted for sure, but take a step back and look at who has been injured.

Welch, Paps, Coates, Reimis Smith, Jennings, Loiero - these are just those which come to mind.

That’s not a cry for sympathy - most teams cop this at one stage or another, but you’ll be sorely mistaken if you think this slump in form is long term.

As for the game, we did ourselves no favours against our bogey side - wasn’t expecting much different tbh.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Many folk on here jacking themselves off over the demise of the Storm. 2022 is done and dusted for sure, but take a step back and look at who has been injured.

Welch, Paps, Coates, Reimis Smith, Jennings, Loiero - these are just those which come to mind.

That’s not a cry for sympathy - most teams cop this at one stage or another, but you’ll be sorely mistaken if you think this slump in form is long term.

As for the game, we did ourselves no favours against our bogey side - wasn’t expecting much different tbh.
Yea you guys have had it hard losing blokes Reimis and Jennings.

oh-no.gif

Before Magic Round everyone on here and in the media was etching the Storm’s name on the trophy; now everyone is writing them off. They should make the top 4 and then they are only three wins away from winning the whole thing; anyone who doesn’t think the Storm can win three games in a row at the business end of the season hasn’t been watching closely over the past 15 years…

_Johnsy

Referee

Loiero

Shocked No Way GIF by Entertainment Tonight

skeepe

Immortal

Every team could tell a similar story.

CNK, Croker, Cotric, Smith-Shields, Whitehead, Hodgson, Horsburgh, Valemei, Rushton, Mooney - and that’s just who was missing yesterday.

No excuses.

When I saw Schiller was named in the side I was like "oh shit not Schiller again". He then proves me wrong (which is not easy).

Frailty

First Grade
Every team could tell a similar story.

CNK, Croker, Cotric, Smith-Shields, Whitehead, Hodgson, Horsburgh, Valemei, Rushton, Mooney - and that’s just who was missing yesterday.

No excuses.
To be fair - Paps and Welch on their own are more valuable than those players together.

skeepe

Immortal
To be fair - Paps and Welch on their own are more valuable than those players together.
Jesus Christ mate. I thought having a good night's sleep would allow you to reflect on just how stupid your posts in this thread were yesterday, but you've gone and doubled down. Unbelievable.

Frailty

First Grade
Jesus Christ mate. I thought having a good night's sleep would allow you to reflect on just how stupid your posts in this thread were yesterday, but you've gone and doubled down. Unbelievable.
Yes Skeepe, the NAS and Rapana tackles were exactly the same.
That's why the officials yesterday and the Match Review Committee both see Rapana's tackle as worse.

Everyone is wrong except for you!

skeepe

Immortal
Yes Skeepe, the NAS and Rapana tackles were exactly the same.
That's why the officials yesterday and the Match Review Committee both see Rapana's tackle as worse.

Everyone is wrong except for you!
I was responding to your post about Paps and Welch being more valuable than all the Raiders that are out put together. You seem to be replying to a completely different thread.

Your brain is addled mate. Get help.

Frailty

First Grade
I was responding to your post about Paps and Welch being more valuable than all the Raiders that are out put together. You seem to be replying to a completely different thread.

Your brain is addled mate. Get help.
Oh so you didn't refer to posts made in this thread yesterday when you said:

And for the record, Paps and Welch are more valuable than those Raiders put together. They are rubbish, and Canberra are a better team without them.