What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R19 Sun - North Qld 27-26 Wests Tigers @ QLD Country Bank

Round 19: North Qld v Wests Tigers

• North Queensland Cowboys

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Wests Tigers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Isn't not making a decision basically making a decision of play on ?
Surely the captain's challenge should be able to be invoked when the ref misses a knock-on.
Saying that they completely stuffed up that game

Munted

Bench
Is it actually certain that a challenge is not allowed in that situation?

I've got no idea if I'm being honest.

But "Brandy said you can't" isn't likely to be much of a definitive statement either.
The rules are vague, it's been quoted that challenges can occur for a "Re-start infringement" but that also needs defining.
Based on today's order of events, you could challenge everything from kicking the ball to the first call of held with no need for the ref to call a stop in play.
And that absolutely not correct.

GongPanther

Referee
When? It's been 11 years since we even played in the semis. Our playing roster is built around Luke Brooks. Our management is incapable of identifying or retaining talent.

My personal investment has trickled away from attending each week to barely remembering to renew an out of towner membership. Shit, I don't even bother to tune in much anymore. And all this stems back to a playing group and management that consists of people who don't really seem to give a damn, so I've simply followed their example.

That's what should have alarm bells ringing for the club - people aren't even angry or upset anymore. They feel nothing.
Sorry to hear this. From the 1970's, the Panthers were absolute shit with no sign of change on the horizon. And having the kind of club management whose only thought was of their job security didn't help. From 1969 right through to 1985, when we first made the finals, we came acclimatised to having a rubbish team.

But the one thing we all did was we stayed strong as supporters. Nobody from the club was giving us hope, feedback or any sign that things would get better. We were the whipping boys of the comp for 23 years until we won our 1st comp.

So when you are feeling the way you are right now, go through some old Tigers matches, and old Tigers memorabilia, and remind yourself why your a Tigers fan. I'm sure you'll get your mojo back again. :)

Eion

First Grade
The NRL will say sorry for the mistake but the result stands. Klown probably gets dropped for a week.
Klein will get the number 1 game of the week taken off him and forced to ref the sharks…who enjoy a 30% winning record with him

simmo05

Bench
Everyone write to the NRL and tell them how disgusting that refereeing was.

It will come down to a "judgement" argument.

It would seem like a mighty big fight for the Tigers to embark on, just for 2 meaningless competition points (in 2022)
Set a precedent, and all teams will benefit in the long run by holding these people to account. Wasn't so long ago the cows were in the same boat

lynx000

Juniors
According to the ref, there was an indiscretion whilst the ball was in the air, which still made the ball in play. I don't know WTF the linesman was doing, but as far as the ref was concerned, he was told by the bunker there was a pen against the Tigers for what the Tigers winger did to Feldt. As I saw it, it was that Tigers player who came rushing diagonally from the sideline from a fair distance, and interfered with Feldt's line of running.
Clearly your eyes are painted on then.

some11

Referee
We can

We can outlaw the bunker completely if we want and go back to one ref makes the call

I remember those days and the f**king whinging from Gould and co when decisions were made that were wrong on replay

At the end of the day the ref on the ground stuffed up by allowing the challenge then Klien just doubled down on that shit like he was splitting aces in blackjack
I don't think the nrl can win either way. People wanted the bunker to be able to rule on stuff off the ball which the ref missed. This was probably something going back to two refs would solve.

I just hate the way you don't know if a try is actually a try until the bunker has confirmed it. It really takes away from the enjoyment of the game when your team scores a try.

kit66

Bench
Can’t wait for the next player to randomly challenge something the ref never ruled on

I’d like to challenge why Ashley Klein is employed as a referee

As for Jarhead I think he’s lost the plot and his spot in the nrl … deplorable

The Tiges could have challenged the first Nanai try because Townsend didn't play the ball properly in the lead up, just rolled it through his legs, no attempt to use his foot. I've seen the Bunker pull up tries for less.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
The Tiges could have challenged the first Nanai try because Townsend didn't play the ball properly in the lead up, just rolled it through his legs, no attempt to use his foot. I've seen the Bunker pull up tries for less.
Another genius rule you can’t go back to the play the ball for tries.

simmo05

Bench
Or any sport.

Best example is cricket. Under your definition above, if someone had ‘integrity’ in cricket they would never appeal for a wicket unless they were willing to use a review if the appeal was turned down.
You can't blame the players, but you can blame the ref for not knowing the f**kin rules

GongPanther

Referee
I don't think the nrl can win either way. People wanted the bunker to be able to rule on stuff off the ball which the ref missed. This was probably something going back to two refs would solve.

I just hate the way you don't know if a try is actually a try until the bunker has confirmed it. It really takes away from the enjoyment of the game when your team scores a try.
And the situation is this.

You have the bunker because it is not about getting the calls right or wrong, it's about having millions of people looking at whether they are displaying a hamburger, or a fried chicken ad on the big screen before the try/no-try comes up.

And if anyone thinks the bunker is ever getting shafted is kidding themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts