What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R24 Fri - Melbourne 14-18 Sydney @ AAMI

Round 24: Melbourne v Sydney

• Melbourne Storm

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skeepe

Immortal
Agreed but Roosters would want to kick off the new digs with a win and Souths would love to spoil the party so we’ll still see a crackin‘ game. Plus all the history that goes with these two.
Nah I disagree.

If Souths win tomorrow, next week’s game determines 6th and 7th, so the winner gets to host the knockout game the following week. Still plenty at stake.

Sonny83

Juniors
JWH just gets a bit passionate every now and again.

Works himself up into a stupor.

Over the years, I’ve come to admire his X factor game of death.

He brings a bit of genuine fear into a game that’s become a NIDA training ground.

We need more like him and Adrian Morley. He was beyond brutal.

Like!

footy75

Bench
Well done to the Roosters. Their defense was outstanding.

Roosters are a huge chance at the premiership.

Hopefully Tupou and Radley recover ok.

You’re worthy of your avatar, sir. I still think of Dallas from time to time
Thanks.

Dallas was another natural tough guy.

JWH has always played hard and tough. When he played for the jets, he would also go into the fog.

It’s just his game. He doesn’t plan anything and his natural ferocity has got into him into a lot trouble over the years.

But he’s not a grub or a cheap shot artist. He’s just brutal by design and then he occasionally oversteps. I honestly think he can’t help it.

He doesn’t want to get sent off or suspended because it’s hurts him and the club.

He has to tune down his aggression while other players have to ramp up.

The trick is to rein him in.

I met one of his old coaches many years ago and this reflects his thoughts as well.

His mindset is unique in the game and of course, it stands out. It’s a gift and a burden at once.

My favourite Dallas moment.

When Terry Randall folded him up like a piece of wet toilet paper during the Fibros vs Silvertails years. It's highlighted in the ABC documentary of the same name.

Best tackle in the history of rugby league.
Just watched the highlights of that match on the silvertails.net website.

Brutality to the max. Magpie players slapping each other in the face before the match on Roy Master's orders. What better way to fire up the troops.

Generalzod

Immortal
JWH just gets a bit passionate every now and again.

Works himself up into a stupor.

Over the years, I’ve come to admire his X factor game of death.

He brings a bit of genuine fear into a game that’s become a NIDA training ground.

We need more like him and Adrian Morley. He was beyond brutal.
Every team needs one…

Valheru

Coach
Nah I disagree.

If Souths win tomorrow, next week’s game determines 6th and 7th, so the winner gets to host the knockout game the following week. Still plenty at stake.

The winner would go to 5th if parra loses.

_Johnsy

Referee
As a neutral, great game. One of the better ones this year, loved it.
JWH was JWH, how NAS hasn’t been rubbed out for an extended period with use of the elbows on attackers on the ground is amazing. I counted at least 3-4 last night. Not to mention his feigning an injury to his eyes like a c grade Hasselhoff wannabe. The thug needs a long stint in the coaches box.

It was an expensive win, you’d have to think Rads will be rested.

No doubt an exorcist was called in to Melbourne last night for Bellamy.

His 23 year policy of carrying on like a spoilt child when he loses and making a spectacle of himself is finally coming to an end.

It’s a very bad image for the game and sends the wrong message to youngsters.

Karma for his dodgy defence drills that have injured and maimed countless players.

Last edited: