What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R24 Sat - South Sydney 20-10 North Qld @ Accor

Round 24: South Sydney v North Qld

• South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • North Queensland Cowboys

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Smug Panther

First Grade
We were neck and neck with the Panthers last week and now we beat the Cowboys. We are clearly good enough to be a top 4 side, we have top 4 talent. And we are the kind of team nobody wants to play in September.
I very much want to play Souffs

Sutton is useless , but the cowboys lost that themselves. Could have run in 3 or 4 more tries if they executed properly
Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow is a liability. He cost us the game against the Bulldogs by not timing his kick chase. Today he failed to follow the play and was not in position to take Leilua's offload to level the score. He might be quick on his feet but he's slow between the ears.

Feldt is rocks or diamonds.

Cowboys look dangerous when our forwards look to move the ball around. When they play one pass off the ruck they're predictable and get belted.

Robson was great like always.

This Year?

Immortal
Cowboys were well off their game. Usually they get quick play of the ball from a Taumalolo hitup then shift to either Nanai or Leilua who hit a hole or offload. Too many errors tonight and a bit rudderless. Still feels a bit like they are still treading water before finals though.
Souths weren't that much better. Barely done enough to win and it felt like they were just trying to create something on the right.

Last edited:

beave

Coach
Cowboys were well off their game. Usually they get quick play of the ball from a Taumalolo hitup then shift to either Nanai or Leilua who hit a hole or offload. Too many errors tonight and a bit rudderless. Still feels a bit like they are still treading water before finals though.
Souths weren't that much better. Barely done enough to win and it felt like they were just trying to create something on the right.
I would have put Val at 6 and Hammer at centre. Hammer looked f**king clueless at times. And dropping Neame was absolutle lunacy, if a forward needing dropping for a utility then it needed to be JTB. NQ looked like they were happy to back their fitness and try to grind south's out of the game but they forgot that they actually needed to play footy.

Front-Rower

First Grade

Vic Mackey

Referee
Souths and Roosters would both be top 4 with the draw the Sharks and Cowboys had and no one will change my mind

The sharks draw was that easy even the tigers would have come 12th, they’ve had one of the top 2 easiest rated draws the last 4 years.

Souths and Easts lost to Wests, Saints, Newcastle and the Dogs respectively, they don’t really have anyone to blame but themselves for where they’re finished. Souths have only won one more game against top 8 sides then Tigers have.

The top 8 does seem a bit all over the place this year. Good chance 5th, 6th and 7th could be more chance of winning the comp then 2nd, 3rd or 4th.

Valheru

Coach
The sharks draw was that easy even the tigers would have come 12th, they’ve had one of the top 2 easiest rated draws the last 4 years.

Souths and Easts lost to Wests, Saints, Newcastle and the Dogs respectively, they don’t really have anyone to blame but themselves for where they’re finished. Souths have only won one more game against top 8 sides then Tigers have.

The top 8 does seem a bit all over the place this year. Good chance 5th, 6th and 7th could be more chance of winning the comp then 2nd, 3rd or 4th.

100% the roosters only have themselves to blame, those 2 losses you mentioned were diabolical. Regardless of the draw you need to be good enough to beat what is in front of yoy, having said that I think it is reasonable to point to the draw when casting doubt of the sharks and cowboys ability to kick on in september as I believe both are placed higher than they would be with a schedule similar to the rest of the 8.

Galeforce

Bench
The freeze frame they presented clearly showed direct contact with the shoulder to the head. At that point he stuttered lol

Graham should have went off for HIA though.
Agree the freeze frame clearly showed direct contact to the chin with shoulder.
Therefore penalty/reporting was definitely warranted along with sin bin.

Some folks , Graham lying flat on the ground was milking and or sign of concussion.
Graham got hit with a very strong tackle , which whether it hit chest or chin would have taken the wind out of him / given him some pain , lying flat on the ground , a reasonable responsible to allow recovery.

Everytime someone gets hit with a strong illegal tackle or needs time to recover does not mean he needs an automatic HIA. The Souths staff checked him and he was deemed to be OK once he got up and got his wind back.........move on.

If you want a RULE that every player must go off for HIA if he hit with illegal tackle that could be your view , however I hope that does not become the rule.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Agree the freeze frame clearly showed direct contact to the chin with shoulder.
Therefore penalty/reporting was definitely warranted along with sin bin.

Some folks , Graham lying flat on the ground was milking and or sign of concussion.
Graham got hit with a very strong tackle , which whether it hit chest or chin would have taken the wind out of him / given him some pain , lying flat on the ground , a reasonable responsible to allow recovery.

Everytime someone gets hit with a strong illegal tackle or needs time to recover does not mean he needs an automatic HIA. The Souths staff checked him and he was deemed to be OK once he got up and got his wind back.........move on.

If you want a RULE that every player must go off for HIA if he hit with illegal tackle that could be your view , however I hope that does not become the rule.

Hess got some binned because he hit Graham in the head. Graham then lay down for a decent amount of time. That’s literally the number 1 sign the doctors are meant to look at for players to come off for a HIA assessment. Realistically if it was a forward he was straight off, teams aren’t going to take a centre off in a tight game with 7 minutes to go. This ain’t a crack at souths, (most teams would do the same) it’s a crack at the process.

When the Tigers played Penrith Ken Maumalo got hit high. Stayed down but got no penalty despite it being reviewed. 2 minutes later the game is stopped and the independent doctor says he has to go off. This despite him apparently not being hit in the head?

The whole process has become completely farcical.

beave

Coach
I don't have a problem with Hess getting a week, he shot out of the line and put on a clumsy hit that has whacked Graham (and himself) in the head.

But tell me what's a worse, Hess's hit that results in a week off or that utter rubbish elbow drop NAS put on Sualili or the one on Egan?

Luke Patten is a f**king spud.

Canard

Immortal
I don't have a problem with Hess getting a week, he shot out of the line and put on a clumsy hit that has whacked Graham (and himself) in the head.

But tell me what's a worse, Hess's hit that results in a week off or that utter rubbish elbow drop NAS put on Sualili or the one on Egan?

Luke Patten is a f**king spud.

The Roosters and Storm are protected species