What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Rabbitohs Pathways Sides

callmack1

Staff member
NSW Cup lost their Round 1 game yesterday 24-16 against the Dogs.

Bulldogs vs Rabbitohs NSW Cup Highlights Round 1: https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2022/03/13/rabbitohs-v-bulldogs-nsw-cup-highlights-round-1/

A few good passes from Tass and Karapani in there for tries, that's promising signs.

Jersey Flegg lost 30-16.

SG Ball had their first win of the Season, 36-22, against the Bears!

Harold Matts also won 16-6 against the Bears.

And finally, the Tarsha Gale Cup girls unfortunately went down 16-14 against the Raiders in a really close game.

callmack1

Staff member
A Terrell Kalokalo-inspired Rabbitohs grabbed their first win of the SG Ball Cup with an impressive display against foundation club rivals North Sydney.

The South Sydney fullback scored three tries in a commanding display with teammate and winger Tyrone Munro kicking a perfect five from five, including a couple of tough shots from the sideline.

The Bears led by 10 points after 20 minutes with wingers Joseph Jaber and Kobe Lepua finding the try line, before Thomas Fletcher and Kalokalo grabbed their first two before half time to see Souths ahead by two points.

Kalokalo scored his second and third try in the first 20 minutes of the second period with his hat-trick try a tremendous individual effort.

Benet Maalo kept the Bears within touching distance with a try in between those two with the centre running onto an challenging Crossfield kick from Cooper Maytom.

Rabbitohs skipper Louis Grossemy barged over in the just before the hour mark, but North Sydney remained in the contest with Darcy Brettle scoring in the 63rd minute with Maytom’s conversion making it an eight-point game.

Any chance of a comeback was scuppered from the kickoff with Norths unable to handle Kalokalo’s booming kick with Fletcher running over for his second try in the following set – Souths winning 36-22.

South Sydney coach John Sutton said his side were able to put aside some difficult early-season results to secure the two points.

“It was a tough start for us, we lost three on the trot,” the Rabbitohs legend said.

“With the weather and that we haven’t been on the field so the boys were really itching today to get out there today and put in a good performance and I think they did that.”

Sutton was keen to give plenty of players a wrap post-match.

“Terrell [Kalokalo] has been training up with the first grade,” Sutton said.

“Being around them in the first grade is good for him and he’s brought that back to the boys so I am expecting big things from Terrell.

“He hasn’t played much league of late because of school commitments, but once he gets a few games under his belt he’s going to be a really dangerous player.

“We haven’t had a kicked kick goals lately so was slotting them

“Louis, our captain, was also great, he led from the front all day.”

Both sides will be on the road in round 6 with Souths travelling to Camden to face Western Suburbs and the Bears taking on Parramatta in Cabramatta.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Just watched last 30mins of our reserve grade game Tass has no idea his reads are all over the place in defence. Would be found out big time in first grade.

Kennar looked the better of the centres solid in defence and some very strong carries. Mansour high work rate some very tough carries scored 2 tries had a very good attitude.

Halves I was not impressed with Hawkins or Campognolo.

Mamozelos played very well has a good feel for the game has good direction in getting the forward on front foot. My concern re him is he looks pretty small will get battered easily in first grade.

The guy that impressed me the most was Shaq Mitchell his carries and post contact metres were outstanding and the ability to offload. He was working hard in defence too.

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
I watched the whole game that was Tass only bad read but in reality it was the fault of one of the slug forwards not pushing out from the inside.(Hodge I think )

Tass had a solid game, he needs a decent ball player inside him to set him up to run lines , he was very good at that in QCup

Thompson goes ok too
Kenner was ok too but I think the pace of NRL would show him up

callmack1

Staff member
Great for the NSW Cup boys to get the win! I didn't watch the game but appreciate the reports from those of you who did.

Full results for the Pathways sides this weekend are as follows,

NSW Cup won 32 - 18

Jersey Flegg had a close loss 36 - 34

SG Ball went down 18 - 14 vs the Magpies

Harold Matts lost 30 - 6

Aside from the NSW Cup, it's been another disappointing weekend.