What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

Rabbits20

Immortal
Has anyone got any player movements?
Only what we’ve heard that Trell, Cody and Cookie will defs stay and that George Burgess and Kirisome Auva’a will be on train and trial deals and we are taking a look at maybe signing Albert Kelly for the utility role.

handyman2190

Bench
Only what we’ve heard that Trell, Cody and Cookie will defs stay and that George Burgess and Kirisome Auva’a will be on train and trial deals and we are taking a look at maybe signing Albert Kelly for the utility role.
I dont mind george at the right price auva a, my god he is over it, has beens, same with kelly, id rather taafe take the utility role and we try for tezi niu

Steenson123

Juniors
The squa
The squad badly needs needs a RELIABLE flankman opposite Alex. A flanker who can defuse the high kicks from IronHead. I see IronHead's gang as the only danger we can torpedo all others clearly but we appear to have a mental blockage against Penrith. For those wanting to make money out of this back BOTH Easts and The Crisps to make Top 4. Both were clearly oustanding at the end of the season and our big plus is that Demetriou, Ilias and Tass - i.e, the three rookies - have already won two [2] playoff games. And by 13+. That's very large and surely portents well for next season. I do not see Parramatta or NQ as a threat nor Melbourne.

GloryGlory

Juniors
Which team does he play for
We sacked him in 2016 for drugs he then played two seasons with Parra before failing to find a club. He played with Ipswich in the QRL last year. At his best he is a damaging ball running centre in the Justin Olam mold - but at 30 his best is likely a long way behind him and he is likely more of an edge back row option this year. He is likely trialing for a spot in reggies to back up the back ups

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
I don't mind giving guys a go on train and trial deals. If they flop, you lose nothing, and if they excel, well they've proved themselves and become a valuable asset to the squad. It's low risk for a potentially good reward.

Keeping in mind that none of this stuff about Auva'a has been confirmed by the club, it's just a rumor from another forum at this stage.