What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 RM Cup & Sydney Shield

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Don't think its been mentioned here but I have heard rumours that Cabra are only running SS in 2022.
They are also out of HNWP

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Interesting news with Helensburgh and Cronulla Carringbah moving from SS to the Illawarra competition

rightleftin

Juniors
Interesting news with Helensburgh and Cronulla Carringbah moving from SS to the Illawarra competition

Helensburgh moved back to Illawarra comp this year but they played in the 2nd Grade, where they were on top when the competition ceased.

Tigers1986

Juniors
NSWRL needs to cover the Illawarra Cup with more depth in 2022. Shoving it to the backburner on PlayNRL is a joke - it's supposed to be part of the President's Cup quartet and has no coverage minus a few thrown together articles.

There's also the Western conference that we should have more details of soon enough in terms of participating clubs.

TigerDen

Juniors
NSWRL needs to cover the Illawarra Cup with more depth in 2022. Shoving it to the backburner on PlayNRL is a joke - it's supposed to be part of the President's Cup quartet and has no coverage minus a few thrown together articles.

There's also the Western conference that we should have more details of soon enough in terms of participating clubs.
I agree, the NSWRL website mostly covers NSW Cup and Jersey Flegg. The Silktails get a fair bit of coverage too but they are sponsored by the NSW League. At the very least results and points tables for all major competitions should be included on the website.

Tigers1986

Juniors
With the new Macarthur conference setup, I'd love to see them eventually get the chance to participate in the Presidents Cup tournament. Maybe that's in the future? Be good to watch the Roos belt the Eagles again haha

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Good luck to them I have always been impressed with how they can get a lot of teams going and felt very welcome at Waminda Oval.
Will be interesting to see the list of teams in SS now

MountainMan

Juniors
Abit or player movement out of Wests.

They've signed former Guildford half Netane Masima and Newtowns Dhrys Miller.

Whilst exiting are - Brock Pelligra and Dane Francis have signed with French club Carcassone.
Simon Fonua and Alvin Maugatti have signed with Romanian Rugby.
Half Mitch Francis has gone to Dragons Nsw Cup .
Ronny Palambo signed with London Broncos

Butts74

Juniors
Good luck to them I have always been impressed with how they can get a lot of teams going and felt very welcome at Waminda Oval.
Will be interesting to see the list of teams in SS now
Yeah will be very interesting to see who is in the comp with a lot of teams pulling out.

With the new Macarthur conference setup, I'd love to see them eventually get the chance to participate in the Presidents Cup tournament. Maybe that's in the future? Be good to watch the Roos belt the Eagles again haha

East Campbelltown Eagles can't wait either to resume hostilities with the clubs that voted them out of Group 6 after the 2012 season.

Tint Me Up Stadium (Waminda Oval) will become a fortress. All Welcome though

Yeah will be very interesting to see who is in the comp with a lot of teams pulling out.

Hope like the rest of the comps they can play a full season in 2022

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Does anyone know whats happening at Cabra ?
I heard they are only running SS, who is coaching ?

on a side note I would love to hear the story about East Campbelltown and group 6 when they were kicked out.
From what I have read it certainly doesn't seem EC were blameless but did they deserve to the punted ?

Tigers1986

Juniors
From loose tidbits - essentially all the other Wests teams were growing tired of Easts always winning the league, so they voted to boot them out to make the comp 'fairer' on the basis that the Easts boys skill level was way beyond the rest of the comp - this is why they flirted with Canterbury's league and first joined the Shield competition.

rightleftin

Juniors
Does anyone know whats happening at Cabra ?
I heard they are only running SS, who is coaching ?

on a side note I would love to hear the story about East Campbelltown and group 6 when they were kicked out.
From what I have read it certainly doesn't seem EC were blameless but did they deserve to the punted ?
A couple of heavies at East Campbelltown put themselves offside with other clubs so a solution was found to get them. In order to get out of Wests into Group 6, the senior part of the East Campbelltown club reclassified to form the "Campbelltown Eagles". After they won a couple comps and part way through the next season, Group 6 stated that none of the players in the "Campbelltown Eagles" were juniors because this club had only existed for one year and thus they exceeded the Player points limits. So they were kicked out midseason and stripped of their titles, and a few weeks later half the team joined Wests RMC.

MountainMan

Juniors
There were some very good players at ECE during that 2012-2018 ultra successful stretch .
A local club,full of local players.Many stayed loyal,which probably halted higher grade honours with most.
I dont think many,if any of those players are around playing anymore,seen on their Facebook, a few coach junior teams at the club which is good to see.

Latest posts