What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 RM Cup & Sydney Shield

10$ Ferret

Staff member
I have seen plenty of teams and clubs rort systems to win competitions and when they talked about points etc I thought that may have been the case. But if it was simply because they didn't count them as juniors then thats pretty ordinary

Tigers1986

Juniors
Anybody know which teams are from Group 10 and which are from Group 11 in the new Western division? NSWRL has a draw but no allegiance to the respective groupings, and LU didn't answer a question asked on it on Twitter :/

Isaac A

Juniors
Anybody know which teams are from Group 10 and which are from Group 11 in the new Western division? NSWRL has a draw but no allegiance to the respective groupings, and LU didn't answer a question asked on it on Twitter :/
Dubbo Cyms/Dubbo Macquarie/Nyngan/Wellington/Parkes/Forbes/Bath Panthers/Bath StPats/Orange Cyms/Orange Hawks/Mudgee/Lithgow/Cowra

TigerDen

Juniors
Can anyone confirm that Cabramatta will not be entering Massey this year. Any news on Blacktown and Mounties?

10$ Ferret

Staff member
I have heard also that Cabra are not fielding a Massey side. I heard that from a reasonably reliable source.
Does anyone know who is coaching their SS side ?

Tigers1986

Juniors
I wouldn't hold my breath - NSWRL don't provide much, if anything, for those comps outside of a draw which will likely drop in late February

Razor12

Juniors
I have heard also that Cabra are not fielding a Massey side. I heard that from a reasonably reliable source.
Does anyone know who is coaching their SS side ?
Cabramatta is only fielding a SS team with coach being Jimmy Bransby.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Erina now not entering Sydney Shield after board meeting this week
was that an Erina board meeting or a NSW RL board meeting ? Just wondering whose decision it was.
I have heard of some other clubs that were looking to enter SS and haven't heard any confirmations

rightleftin

Juniors
They do not have the money to run it they tried to sell the club altogether to Cabra Vale Diggers but members vote not to.

Cabra Vale were going to provide $1 million per year for football - half for RMC/SS and half for Junior development. How could anyone vote against that?

10$ Ferret

Staff member
I know people that were passionate about getting the investment and others that were passionate about staying as themselves. I hope it works out for them, its definitely going to have to rebuild not just from a RL point of view. they have changed who is running the licenced club and I think they might get the locals back

rightleftin

Juniors
I know people that were passionate about getting the investment and others that were passionate about staying as themselves. I hope it works out for them, its definitely going to have to rebuild not just from a RL point of view. they have changed who is running the licenced club and I think they might get the locals back

They were put into administration in the late 80's - had to pay their liquor licence fee in monthly instalments - but they bounced back and had a million in the bank a couple years later. The current situation is that they virtually have not made a profit for 5 years running.