What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 RM Cup & Sydney Shield

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
One catch-up match for each comp this weekend, both from Round 3

Wests v Silktails - Massey - Lidcombe Sat 2:00
Moorebank v REH - Shield - Hammondville Sat 6:30

Butts74

Juniors
I don’t see anyone beating saints in SS , there just too good. Hills had their first loss in RMC yesterday against saints. Very interesting this back half of the season.

TigerDen

Juniors
It would seem the the Silktails are no longer affiliated with the Fijian Rugby League, resulting in no players being included in the Bati World Cup squad of 50.

Broncos93

Juniors
Glebe have added Tyrone Phillips and Jackson Ferris to their squad in the past few weeks.

After a midseason slump they seem to be picking up some momentum ahead of the end of the later rounds.

TigerDen

Juniors
Glebe have added Tyrone Phillips and Jackson Ferris to their squad in the past few weeks.

After a midseason slump they seem to be picking up some momentum ahead of the end of the later rounds.
Similarly, Coby Thomas has been added to the Bulls RMC Squad. I believe he played for Mounties NSW Cup until a few weeks ago.

Broncos93

Juniors
Similarly, Coby Thomas has been added to the Bulls RMC Squad. I believe he played for Mounties NSW Cup until a few weeks ago.
He was playing under Jason Taylor at the Bears during the 2020 President's Cup and played four games of NSW Cup last year. Maybe he's back at the Bears and playing with the Bulls?

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Tyrone Phillips returning after injury sustained in pre season with Glebe. I think Jackson Ferris is with Newtown.
Coby Thomas is def with the bears, he was a Roosters second tier/Flegg player previously when he was with the Bears. Not contracted to the Bears I think.

Butts74

Juniors
Tyrone Phillips returning after injury sustained in pre season with Glebe. I think Jackson Ferris is with Newtown.
Coby Thomas is def with the bears, he was a Roosters second tier/Flegg player previously when he was with the Bears. Not contracted to the Bears I think.
I believe Mounties and hills done a trade. Mounties get denzal tonise and hills get coby thomas.

Broncos93

Juniors
Big win for Fiji over St Mary's. Anyone catch the game? Hard to get a grasp with next to no scoring detail available.

Big win for Fiji over St Mary's. Anyone catch the game? Hard to get a grasp with next to no scoring detail available.
St Marys lead 12-0 at half time. Fiji got really physical with them. A few push and shoves. Really put St Marys off their game. Fiji scored a couple of long range tries from kicks and got the luck. A great win for Fiji.

K_Tigers12

Juniors
Anyone able to update me on the finals format for this year? Top 5 or 6? And how many weeks will it go for

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
NSWRL Top Five for Cup, Flegg, RMC and Shield. 90's NSWRL first grade format.

Week 1
Elimination Final: 4 v 5
Qualifying Final: 2 v 3

Week 2
Major Semi: 1 v W QF
Minor Semi: W EF v L QF

Prelim
L Major v W Minor

GF
W Major v W Prelim

Broncos93

Juniors
Some interesting games this weekend with 1 vs 2 and 3 vs 4.

As I understand it, Wenty needs one more win to lock up a place in the top five. Keen to see how they get on against St Marys at home, especially given the Saints have dropped two games on the trot.

You'd think Mounties will beat Wests this weekend which means Ryde Eastwood will fall out of contention for a spot in the five, regardless of their result against Fiji.

The game between Glebe and Hills will be a cracker. Dirty Reds have now won six straight and only conceded two tries in four games.

There's one more round after this weekend for make up games - but I can't see any list of those fixtures anywhere. Has anyone else got them?

Bluesfooty

Juniors

As I understand it, Wenty needs one more win to lock up a place in the top five. Keen to see how they get on against St Marys at home, especially given the Saints have dropped two games on the trot.

You'd think Mounties will beat Wests this weekend which means Ryde Eastwood will fall out of contention for a spot in the five, regardless of their result against Fiji.

The game between Glebe and Hills will be a cracker. Dirty Reds have now won six straight and only conceded two tries in four games.

There's one more round after this weekend for make up games - but I can't see any list of those fixtures anywhere. Has anyone else got them?
Saturday 6/8
Silktails vs Mounties. 3PM@Mascot
Wenty vs Blacktown. 4PM@Ringrose

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

Fixtures are updated here: https://bit.ly/2022RMCup

R4: Silktails v Mounties 3pm Sat 6 Aug, Mascot
R4: Wenty v BWSE 4pm Sat 6 Aug, Ringrose
R14: RE Hawks v St Marys 3pm Sun 7 Aug, TG Milner

The Magpies-Magpies game from Round 16 was ultimately declared a forfeit and awarded to Wenty. No word on the R14 game HIlls-Silktails as yet.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
I heard the Hills v Silktails game is scheduled to be played mid week but its uncertain whether it will be played and if so who gets the points.

The Hills v Glebe game was an interesting one. Glebe had it all over Hills in the first half and I think blew at least 2 tries by doing dumb stuff after making long breaks early in the tackle count. They really got under Hills skin who were processed by the spirit of Ivan Cleary and whinged harder I have seen in a while.
The half time break seemed to help them change their attitude and they were about to focus on playing footy.
Completion rates dropped in the second and Glebe just succumbed to pressure in the second.

I think we might see some team changes through the semis depending on how the Bears are faring but I think its a legitimate 3 horse race and anyone from Hills , Glebe or St Marys can win it.