What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

The Word

Juniors
The addition of Molo only means bad news for Lawrie, he is 100% faster in every phase of his game & can step at full speed, A somewhat smaller version of Hass. This could be our biggest surprise signature 2022.
Maybe. I'm personally looking forward to seeing how Lawrie responds to real competition for places, and a group of forwards around him with genuine experience. I see him as enthusiastic young man who perhaps hasn't had the best of coaching over the last few years, and so hasn't developed as much as we all hoped.

2022 will be a great opportunity for him to learn from those around him and improve. I really hope he does that. If there's no improvement this year that could be then end of the road for him.

kit66

Bench
Yes I have 9Now but that is a funny story. I have Foxtel and had Free to Air Tv. So Grandfinal Day wasn't real interested but had a beer then thought yeah I'll watch it. However I forgot it was on Ch9 and the fact I lost all my Free to Air channels months ago. Usually only watch footy on Fox. Anyway realised it wasn't on Fox changed to Ch 9 no service. Ding shit how can I watch it. So went to phone tryit to work something out came across 9Now then figured I am could do this on Smart TV. Anyway that's how I got 9Now and watched about 20mins or less of the GF.
Thanks anyway sorry about the story but what else is there to talk about in offseason. Go the Dragons in 22.

Hope you finally got to watch the game. How do you lose your Free-to-Air channels, that's a strange one ?

kit66

Bench
Maybe. I'm personally looking forward to seeing how Lawrie responds to real competition for places, and a group of forwards around him with genuine experience. I see him as enthusiastic young man who perhaps hasn't had the best of coaching over the last few years, and so hasn't developed as much as we all hoped.

2022 will be a great opportunity for him to learn from those around him and improve. I really hope he does that. If there's no improvement this year that could be then end of the road for him.

I think he'll respond well to having some big classy, experienced blokes around him. People forget Lawrie's only 24 and has played only 3 full seasons. I think some expected him to take over as leader of the pack when Vaughan left but he's too young, that was up to others to do, like Sims, McGuire and JDB. He had a crappy year in a crappy team in a crappy year. 2022 he gets to start all over again. He's 2 years off becoming a real leader but he'll get there I'm sure.

Draginzaaar

Bench

Lawrie is good for the first 5 minutes. Too slow, too unfit, too fat.

Reluctantly I tend to agree.
Massive year coming up for young Blocker.
The only games he plays well with heaps of energy is when someone in the opposition P!sses him off, he seems to lift then.
This is make or break year for him and he has plenty of competition in the front row.

slippery5

Juniors
Points 3 & 4 can help him last longer than point 1, however you will never fix point 2 & you can add point 5. he cannot change any angles in his running, so he will never & has never split through a defensive line.
Wish him the best & has his heart in it, but is not a top line prop we require.

Spazer

Juniors
he's got some good line speed at times. He just needs to clean up his ruck speed. Watching the newcastle game he definitely has the potential to be a leader amongst our pack which is more important than anything else imo.

Yow

Juniors
With talk of a draft for junior players how does that help us . We spend money on developing players but we might not get a chance to get that player. A certain club with feathers dont develop to many get the benefit. Should they pay a compensation to the club who developed that player

kit66

Bench
With talk of a draft for junior players how does that help us . We spend money on developing players but we might not get a chance to get that player. A certain club with feathers dont develop to many get the benefit. Should they pay a compensation to the club who developed that player

If the NRL introduce a Draft I reckon it'll take about a month before someone works out how to rort it for the Storm, Broncs, Dolphins or Roosters. That's if it isn't a rort right from start - as in planned ahead.

Maddragon99

Juniors

It always seemed to me our props were always running from a standing start rather than with some momentum. Some experienced new players might see some change in our shape in attack. This would really help Lawrie.

Crush

Coach
It always seemed to me our props were always running from a standing start rather than with some momentum. Some experienced new players might see some change in our shape in attack. This would really help Lawrie.
My problem with Lawrie is he gives away too many set restarts. I honestly think our poor discipline in this area ruined our season last year. We NEED to fix this up in 2022 if we are to be a chance, Lawrie was a serial offender.

redv13

Bench
My problem with Lawrie is he gives away too many set restarts. I honestly think our poor discipline in this area ruined our season last year. We NEED to fix this up in 2022 if we are to be a chance, Lawrie was a serial offender.
Love Lawrie and his aggression, never takes a step back ever!! But Crush you’re right, he was probably number 1 offender with the set re starts in 2021. Definitely needs to clean that area up

Crush

Coach
Love Lawrie and his aggression, never takes a step back ever!! But Crush you’re right, he was probably number 1 offender with the set re starts in 2021. Definitely needs to clean that area up
He wasn’t alone mate, as a team we were really bad in that area.
I don’t know why, was it fitness? I dare say it was. It’s easy to forget how bad we were last year in the off-season, everyone (including me) wants to put it behind us but we lost the last 8 games in a row!
Gotta be more disciplined and fitter next year…

Maddragon99

Juniors
I don’t know why, was it fitness? I dare say it was. It’s easy to forget how bad we were last year in the off-season, everyone (including me) wants to put it behind us but we lost the last 8 games in a row!
We had a number of mid season additions, Burns, McCullough, McGuire & JdB so I guess you can understand why our discipline wasn’t great but 2022 is a different story, we’re starting with a complete squad & all players will have a full offseason to tidy this up.

redv13

Bench
I think the whole comp showed which teams adapted smartly and quickly and the ones that didn’t and struggled all year. Top 6 then daylight to the rest unfortunately