What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

Mojo

Bench
I'll be shocked and pissed if that's the spine. Absolutely pointless to do it that way.
f**k even seeing that made me angry. Bird isn't a 6 and we need Amone in there to build his confidence next to Hunt who can help him

....and Sloane at 1, please. As far as I am concerned these young guys have proven themselves. They're more than good enough. IMO Ramsey's a winger - but still has to demonstrate consistency and control in that position. IMO he's not a fullback. We've got a great young talented fullback and five eight in Sloane and Amone, respectively. Why can't we let these young guys settle into their positions?

getsmarty

Immortal
....and Sloane at 1, please. As far as I am concerned these young guys have proven themselves. They're more than good enough. IMO Ramsey's a winger - but still has to demonstrate consistency and control in that position. IMO he's not a fullback. We've got a great young talented fullback and five eight in Sloane and Amone, respectively. Why can't we let these young guys settle into their positions?

More than likely about easing them into the Top grade....they will get their chance....personally I would start with 1 Sloan ( turns 20 next year ) 6 Armone ( Turns 20 next Year ) or Sullivan..people forget how young these guys are .....but what would I know.

saints4ever

First Grade
Easing them in is fine, but we NEED them to have experience playing against men.
I'm not saying they can or should last the entire season, but if we are fair dinkum 2 of them should in in the 13 every week barring injury OR giving them a few weeks either off or in Reggie's just to ease them when they are looking battered.

Depth depth depth. We hear it so let's use it. Bird can play 6, so can Mbye. Ramsey can play 1. So can Bird/Mbye. These are our back ups. Let them rotate but FFS Sloan and Amone and Bud are the future. IF we have to we have Bud be the one in Reggie's as he can really only be a half. So wait until injury or origin and let him be half.

possm

Coach
Looking at our best possible 17, I'd say we are a chance to make the top 4 in season 2022;
1. Sloan
2. Ramsey or Matt Feagai
3. Suli
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Amone
7. Sulivan
8. Frank Molo
9. Hunt
10. Woods
11. Sims
12. Su'A
13. De Belin

14. Mbye
15. Burgess
16. Lawrie
17. Bird

Looking at our best possible 17, I'd say we are a chance to make the top 4 in season 2022;
1. Sloan
2. Ramsey or Matt Feagai
3. Suli
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Amone
7. Sulivan
8. Frank Molo
9. Hunt
10. Woods
11. Sims
12. Su'A
13. De Belin

14. Mbye
15. Burgess
16. Lawrie
17. Bird
That is a good looking team.

Only change for me; Burns or Fui instead of Bird. Bird has no leg drive, so he will try to make an impact with high risk plays and poor ball security. Not a fan of that.

be55

Juniors
You can’t leave Bird out altogether can you? He’s a bloody good footballer when he is on IMO, we just need to get the best out of him.
Totally agree mate...Yeah his missed tackle and error count were high this year, but i think this could have to do with him missing so much football...He's a better defender than he showed this year.

I'm a huge fan of his and always have been, even when he was with us as junior. I think you'd go long way before you found a more wholehearted and enthusiastic player when he is on the field. He lifts the players around him and would be a player who others would follow. I think he'd make a great captain.

I think people wanting to knock him should remember that he spent more time on the field this year than any other player, he led the run count 309 (50 more than anyone else), he led the run meters (2365), he led the tackle busts with 73 ( over 20 more than anyone else) and he led the offloads.

In my opinion he is a quality player, and i think he will be heavily involved in a lot of our set plays and our attacking structure next year. For mine the more time he spends on the field for us next year, the better we will perform.

But like i said, i am biased...

SGMax

Juniors
At full strength, Bird, Fui, Kerr, Burns, Sullivan, Fegai x2, Moga, ....even Maguire or Lawrie may miss some game time.
Its very unlikely that we will go for long without suspensions or injuries.

Good to have some quality depth. They will all get plenty of opportunities.
In 2021, most of these guys often carried the burden of our performances while some of our best were unavailable.

Latest posts