What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 squad

Weaponhead

Coach
for mine it’s the link players like Radley, Yeoh and Crichton that are providing the value in this form of Rugba League.
I reckon we have the coach smarts now it’s do we have the player smarts. Finucane is a massive step in the right direction, as well as McInnes.
Agree. Fitz will work with what he has got and make it work. McInnes and Finucane both have the skills to act as a link. This is something we lacked last season.

Lot of comments about value of smaller, fitter mobile forwards in todays game and definately need them, but I think theres still a role for the big units
Get em fit, mobile amd firing and used at right time , the old adage of a good big man beets a good littler man still has its place.Fifita try like in gf,still be scored in todays game.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Lot of comments about value of smaller, fitter mobile forwards in todays game and definately need them, but I think theres still a role for the big units
Get em fit, mobile amd firing and used at right time , the old adage of a good big man beets a good littler man still has its place.Fifita try like in gf,still be scored in todays game.

Actually think that was a good big man beating 3 or 4 little men. :)

ghoti

Bench
Cini announced as a jet. Does that mean he is cut?
I guess it means he's not formally in the NRL top 30 but his train and trial was successful enough for a NSW Cup contract for 2022.. probably won't play first grade but there's still a pathway there for him if he kicks on

Croz Au

Juniors
Prime Fifita in todays game would be an immortal. It’s criminal people forget how dominant he was on his day. Size, aggression, offloads, work rate. He had it all.
Would love to see him back at that level. Was speaking to him at members day today, and he saying he is feeling great. Recovered from injury

Royce looking to be a beast. Talking to jack, and he told Royce is smash the weights and outclassing him

Actually think that was a good big man beating 3 or 4 little men. :)
Yeah, Fifita probably wrong, example. IN his Prime, he was somuch more than a battering ram as K points out.I was more thinking of Big Forwards with maybe not great lateral movement. Guys that can wreak havok ,busting the line but maybe a bit of liability in defence. Hopefully with Finucane,Mckinnes, and Fitz, Defence structures, might allow use of destructive big unit runners like Pele in opportune times.

Inferno

Coach
Prime Fifita in todays game would be an immortal. It’s criminal people forget how dominant he was on his day. Size, aggression, offloads, work rate. He had it all.

It is hard to believe such a big man regularly use to pump out 60 minutes or more in a game. If he stayed in the SOO arena rather than playing for Tonga I think he'd have gotten a lot more credit. People remember him for his GF heroics (and rightly so) but he also was Dally M prop of the year in 2018.

His last couple of seasons have been poor (by his high standards) but I hope Fitz can find an appropriate role for him in his swansong season.

It is hard to believe such a big man regularly use to pump out 60 minutes or more in a game. If he stayed in the SOO arena rather than playing for Tonga I think he'd have gotten a lot more credit. People remember him for his GF heroics (and rightly so) but he also was Dally M prop of the year in 2018.

His last couple of seasons have been poor (by his high standards) but I hope Fitz can find an appropriate role for him in his swansong season.
That's an interesting part of next season, whether we can get anything out of Feefs and Wadeo as well.

Craigshark

First Grade
Reports From Members day is Fifita was looking unbelievable. Wonder if he is fit from
an injury perspective.

looked good and in good spirits also. All the players were. Very friendly and generous with their time. Nicho Hynes and Ronaldo in particular.