What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 starting 17? and BAs tenure

TheParraboy

Staff member
I think Sivo’s chances of returning more agile and quicker after an ACL are slim to none. If anything, I think he’ll be less agile and slower. Throw that in with a bit of tentativeness and his general laziness, I think he’s really going to struggle next year.

Fair enough, not expecting him to run the 100 in under 10

Thinking more along the lines dropping couple of kilos, focusing on fitness Blessing in disguise he will miss decent among of games 2022, someone else to own the position hopefully

Lane and Sivo seem to be Arthurs favorites, undropable regardless of form.

lucablight

First Grade
Ferguson, Hughes, Oldfield and Lussick confirmed as departing. Dunster is a shoe in on one wing. Who will take the other while Sivo is out?

emjaycee

Coach
Surely it is either Russell or Sam Loizou, given they both got game time v Panthers in Rnd 25 and have another off-season ahead to fight it out?

Unless we pick up someone from outside the club, although I am hoping we dont. These are both young, keen local juniors and blocking their pathway to NRL is not what we should be doing if we are to be become a development club.

Last edited:

lucablight

First Grade
Are Russell and Loizou potential X factor players? I haven’t seen much of them but I’ve read alot of praise for Russell on here.

emjaycee

Coach
Are Russell and Loizou potential X factor players? I haven’t seen much of them but I’ve read alot of praise for Russell on here.
Probably too early to tell given the lack of game time in any grade over the last 2 years, but at 19 (nearly 20) years of age, it is the perfect age to give them more NRL time. We have a known quantity in Sivo returning so there is no need to plan for either of them to play 25 rounds and heaps of outside backs debut at that age (Gutho, Staines, etc) so we should roll the dice.

Both have speed apparently but what else they bring will make 2022 very exciting!

lucablight

First Grade
Probably too early to tell given the lack of game time in any grade over the last 2 years, but at 19 (nearly 20) years of age, it is the perfect age to give them more NRL time. We have a known quantity in Sivo returning so there is no need to plan for either of them to play 25 rounds and heaps of outside backs debut at that age (Gutho, Staines, etc) so we should roll the dice.

Both have speed apparently but what else they bring will make 2022 very exciting!
It’ll be interesting to see if Sivo comes back as the same player given the seriousness of his injury. I don’t think many people were too keen on Dunster based on his first couple of games but he killed it at the back end of this season. Here’s hoping the other boys end up killing it as well. Interesting times ahead.

King-Gutho94

Coach
It’ll be interesting to see if Sivo comes back as the same player given the seriousness of his injury. I don’t think many people were too keen on Dunster based on his first couple of games but he killed it at the back end of this season. Here’s hoping the other boys end up killing it as well. Interesting times ahead.

If i am being brutally honest we didnt miss sivo when he was out. We improved

We had more speed out wide better lateral movement defensively and had better yardage coming out of our end.

emjaycee

Coach

We had more speed out wide better lateral movement defensively and had better yardage coming out of our end.
Yeah but we had veteran winger Fergo helping in out in that department. If we are going to maintain that improvement without Fergo, we need Sivo to come back better than ever or we need someone else to step up.

lucablight

First Grade

I like Sivo because of all the awesome tries he has scored for us but I would say you are right. He really needs to learn to help out with the tough carries and pin his ears back when he gets into space.

emjaycee

Coach
I like Sivo because of all the awesome tries he has scored for us but I would say you are right. He really needs to learn to help out with the tough carries and pin his ears back when he gets into space.
Hopefully he recognises that he is now the senior one of our probable wingers and with that comes responsibility to lead the young brigade and show them how it's done.

hindy111

Post Whore
Surely it is either Russell or Sam Loizou, given they both got game time v Panthers in Rnd 25 and have another off-season ahead to fight it out?

Unless we pick up someone from outside the club, although I am hoping we dont. These are both young, keen local juniors and blocking their pathway to NRL is not what we should be doing if we are to be become a development club.

Whats the run down on Loizou? Any good?

The Eel

Juniors
Ferguson, Hughes, Oldfield and Lussick confirmed as departing. Dunster is a shoe in on one wing. Who will take the other while Sivo is out?
I thought there would be more departures. Nothing said about Rankin. I thought he would have been on the list for sure