What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Team

Jono078

Referee
This is some Will Pryce highlights. Has his Dad’s ability and then some.

Wow he does look a talent!

This Hunt debate is like deja vu, same as the Gagai debate..

He's a solid winger but shouldn't be considered a first-choice winger for your club, you'd want a bit more out of a winger. There is nothing wrong with having a player like him in the team but he's just a poor mans McManus for mine.

No elite speed, isn't going to break the line often but will do the hard work and be safe with the ball and good defensively.

Yosh

Coach
After trials, here's what I think is our best team

1. Ponga
2. Tuala
3. Best
4. Gagai
5. Young
6. Clifford
7. Clune
8. Klemmer
9. Crossland
10. Saifiti
11. Momoisea
12. Frizell
13. Mann

14. Randall
15. Saifiti
16. Thompson
17. Barnett

I prefer Crossland's service out of dummy half over Randall. It's just so slow from Randall. I might be the only one here but I'm worried that Clune will be too big a target in defense.

ryan.a87

Juniors
After trials, here's what I think is our best team

1. Ponga
2. Tuala
3. Best
4. Gagai
5. Young
6. Clifford
7. Clune
8. Klemmer
9. Crossland
10. Saifiti
11. Momoisea
12. Frizell
13. Mann

14. Randall
15. Saifiti
16. Thompson
17. Barnett

I prefer Crossland's service out of dummy half over Randall. It's just so slow from Randall. I might be the only one here but I'm worried that Clune will be too big a target in defense.
Looks good….but you just know Fitzgibbon is going to be there somewhere

Jono078

Referee
Happy on both accounts there.

Really hope Edrick can shake off the rust of not playing in almost 2 years and be somewhat close to what he was showing prior to injury.

Leo was easily a bright spot in our pre-season trials. Wouldn't surprise me if he got several games off the bench this year.

Yosh

Coach
Thompson is only a middle? Is there space for him in the rotation? Can he play second row?

Knight Tales

Juniors
Chanel Harris Tavita apparently being shopped around according to Fox. Any interest here? Also same article mentions Ponga once again as wanting to be at a club which wins games as influencing his final choice , or something to that effect.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
Gotta wonder why he's being shopped around and assume they are higher on Ash Taylor compared to CHT.

Always thought there was some talent there but perhaps hasn't kicked on as much as they thought. Could Joey help him?

Sir Galahad

Juniors
Ponga once again as wanting to be at a club which wins games as influencing his final choice , or something to that effect.
Connor Watson
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/376c2bf5fbb8fb37de23e3ad5eeac7cd
A huge factor in his decision to return to the Tri-colours was the chance to chase premiership glory. ....
“I feel like this is the best place for me to come and take my game to the next level,” Watson said.
“I wanted to challenge myself and part of that is the expectations and reputation of the Roosters.
“You have got to come here and you have got to perform and play well here and you have to leave it all out there.

Kayln Ponga
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/13334e3badca8c44603fe224922feaf4

two years ago I had the next four years planned in my head, but the goalposts always change.

“For me, in this period of my life, it’s about winning.”

Jono078

Referee
He's a big factor in winning so he needs to lead from the front for the team to show he is serious about winning.

Fact he says the goal posts have moved means he is considering other options now. Is he saying he doesn't believe he can win here?

We'll see what happens but I am expecting a big year from him and if we are to do anything decent, we'll need it.

Knight Tales

Juniors
He's a big factor in winning so he needs to lead from the front for the team to show he is serious about winning.

Fact he says the goal posts have moved means he is considering other options now. Is he saying he doesn't believe he can win here?

We'll see what happens but I am expecting a big year from him and if we are to do anything decent, we'll need it.
I believe the move for Will Pryce is insurance policy by the club in case KP leaves. It is going to be a battle in any case.

Yosh

Coach
I think I've come to a stage where I think it might be better to let Ponga go. As long as he is here, looks like the media and the whole Queensland gang will try to convince him to move away.

If Ponga kills it this year and proves he wants to stay with his actions and not just his words, I'm happy to see him stay. I wish he does so well that it shuts the media up, but I'm doubtful.

I think I've come to a stage where I think it might be better to let Ponga go. As long as he is here, looks like the media and the whole Queensland gang will try to convince him to move away.

If Ponga kills it this year and proves he wants to stay with his actions and not just his words, I'm happy to see him stay. I wish he does so well that it shuts the media up, but I'm doubtful.
Sounds like what happened with Joey in the early 2000's..

Silent Knight

First Grade
Could mean he was seriously considering other options before but has now decided to stay here too...

I doubt it. If Kalyn was truly committed to the club and wanted to put all this speculation to bed he could just activate his option right now.

Great to see that Bennett is still actively engaged in our club...i.e. ripping the heart right out of it. I'm sure he would have told Kalyn something privately along the lines of "Newcastle will never achieve any success no matter who plays for or coaches them, because there has always been problems at the club. That's why me the supercoach never had any success there". He has form. Even before he coached our club the prick tried to poach Andrew Johns.

Knight Tales

Juniors

It is on him as much as the media. He allowed the speculation.
There is also a scenario maybe where Phil G will tire of it all and make the call himself. His whole mantra is if you are not committed then you have no business here.

Last edited: