What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Team

Apey

Staff member
Like Sione, Fitz, Hunt etc Mann is a good depth player, can plug a spot caused by injuries but these types of players dont take us to the big dance.

I can see it now, minute left remaining in a major semi 2 points behind on the board and 30 out from the opposition tryline , Mann moves into first receiver, and knocks on.
I would like to subscribe to your Mann newsletter but I think you're too harsh on Hunt. He's our most reliable winger right now.

Apey

Staff member
That is precisely my point.

If we are aiming to be a "superior team" players like Mann and Hunt wouldnt be in the 17 or at the very least ( in the case of bog average Hunt ) be in the conversation as the best winger at the club.

These players dont get ya to the big dance let alone win it for you, they are nothing more than depth ( in case of emergency break glass use only )

If they were anymore than average they would still be at the Storm, Rabbits, St George etc etc where they were, as they are now - fringe first graders.
You could say this about a large number of our 17 tbqh if we're talking about premierships, which we are very far from as a squad. Hunt doesn't belong in the same category as Mann if we're being serious. Fitzgibbon might be the only one in Mann's category. i.e probably an overall negative impact on our team.

Sir Galahad

Juniors
I would like to subscribe to your Mann newsletter but I think you're too harsh on Hunt. He's our most reliable winger right now.
oh I agree, and that is my point.

We have a bog average winger who is indeed our most reliable and certainly arguably the best we have at the club . It's a disaster and a position we need to improve on.

Sir Galahad

Juniors
You could say this about a large number of our 17 tbqh if we're talking about premierships, which we are very far from as a squad. Hunt doesn't belong in the same category as Mann if we're being serious. Fitzgibbon might be the only one in Mann's category. i.e probably an overall negative impact on our team.
How many in our current starting 17 have what it takes to take us to the big dance ? and win it.

Certainly the talent

Ponga
Gagai
Best
DSaf
JSaf
Klem
Frizel

Potential/Possible

Clifford
Barny
Brailey

We lack some talent in the halves ( I have high hopes for Clifford ) , second row, and wingers

aqua_duck

Coach
my biggest concern is depth, we only have 26 players in our top 30 at present which is not ideal 2 weeks out, what makes it worse is Brailey, Hodgson and Hunt are out long and out long term so we have 23 available top 30 players and that includes guys like Musgrove, Johns, momoisea and Sasagi who have played less than 10 games. Im absolutely perplex we released players like Pearce and To'a and just not replaced them at all

aqua_duck

Coach
How many in our current starting 17 have what it takes to take us to the big dance ? and win it.

Certainly the talent

Ponga
Gagai
Best
DSaf
JSaf
Klem
Frizel

Potential/Possible

Clifford
Barny
Brailey

We lack some talent in the halves ( I have high hopes for Clifford ) , second row, and wingers
I think 1-17 we have a solid team on paper, problem is we have absolutely zero depth in most positions.

Knight Tales

Juniors
my biggest concern is depth, we only have 26 players in our top 30 at present which is not ideal 2 weeks out, what makes it worse is Brailey, Hodgson and Hunt are out long and out long term so we have 23 available top 30 players and that includes guys like Musgrove, Johns, momoisea and Sasagi who have played less than 10 games. Im absolutely perplex we released players like Pearce and To'a and just not replaced them at all
When Brown was recruiting and rebuilding you could appreciate the gradual slow build and selecting the right players. He has bought well at the warriors. O’Brien and Zammit are playing a very risky long game here. They rolled the dice on Brooks and got nothing from it. They missed Luki. And this is their strategy to keep Ponga! Not exactly reassuring.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
Toohey’s teased all off-season that we have signings coming. May be a little too late for that now? I’m definitely surprised we haven’t added a couple of players to the team by now.

slotmachine

First Grade
Missed out on Luki, the milf still tied up in court.

Pretty sure we need to sign 3 players by Tuesday next week, will probably be Lee, Hoy and Croker getting top 30 spots or something similarly underwhelming

mozza91

Coach
Yeah Luki looked over the line at one stage but obviously changed his mind.

Is there anyone not contracted somewhere who’s worth signing?

aqua_duck

Coach
Missed out on Luki, the milf still tied up in court.

Pretty sure we need to sign 3 players by Tuesday next week, will probably be Lee, Hoy and Croker getting top 30 spots or something similarly underwhelming
yep, if you were to grade our off season it'd be a big, fat F. I mean Luki would have been for next year anyway and even if he came early and the Milford stuff got resolved quickly you'd still would want 27-28 players with room to add those 2, instead we have 26 including a few very ordinary ones like Musgrove and Johns who realistically should be on development deals

Knight Tales

Juniors
Yeah Luki looked over the line at one stage but obviously changed his mind.

Is there anyone not contracted somewhere who’s worth signing?
We are looking at Will Pryce from huddersfield. he is also LEON Pryce’s kid and touted as the next big thing from the UK. Local press over there reporting. Zammit in UK according to the press.

Last edited:
not by my memory, he was in and out of the side couldnt nail down the position.

Souths must have been gutted to let the superstar walk
Firstly in 2018, his last year at Souths, he played 21 games

He was 100% a first choice outside back for them

Secondly, no one said he was a superstar

Sir Galahad

Juniors

through injuries a depth player got some games in 18, and the years before 2018? and Souths let him walk because ? he's a fringe NRL player buddy. Dont have to agree , no one is forcing you.

28 and just cracked 100 NRL games says all that needs to be said really, certainly no superstar- depth certainly.

Woosh

Head Moderator

He lost his wing position to Richard Kennar.
He came off the bench as an edge back rower a lot during the year.

Hunt is the least of the Knights problem.
Though I don’t see the need for both him Tuala in the squad.
To’a at least offered something different.

By different you mean zero ability under the high ball, weak kick returns and poor defencive reads?

Sir Galahad

Juniors

Hunt is 29 at seasons end, and is now on the back end of his career, the downward slope will be steep in my opinion.

Tuala is just 23, and with 63 NRL games, is about to enter the prime of his career, and for now is a good depth player at the very least.

Wing in my opinion is certainly a position of weakness for the Knights. Hopefully by seasons end Dom Young will have solved this.

Woosh

Head Moderator
By different you mean zero ability under the high ball, weak kick returns and poor defencive reads?
Are you talking about Hunt at Souths that was dropped for Richard Kennar?
Tuala will end up having a similar career to Hunt.
He will be a solid first grader so I don’t see the need both in the squad.

Latest posts