What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

St.Brisbane

Juniors
Last night demonstrated some major issues for next year. Our young guns and established players could not beat the Rabbits young guns with their stars being rested. I think some of the kids have showed some promise this year but we will still have a very weak squad for 2022. We are losing some high paid players but seem unable to recruit quality replacements.
With this in mind letting go key players like Sims without being able recruit better replacements means we will continue to slide. It seems unlikely that the kids will be able to establish a winning record next year.

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
Sims will still be there in 2022 unless he gets an offer to extend his career elsewhere.
Su’a & Molo should be good signings, Burgess if he recovers from his surgery will add some go forward. Mbye still has some good footy in him. I would expect some more recruiting is going on as we speak.
Add these to the youngsters & there should be improvements. 🤞🏻

BIG RIG

Juniors
With the confirmed departures of
- Matt Dufty
- Kaide Ellis
- Adam Clune
- Corey Norman
- Cameron McInnes
- Paul Vaughan
- Jordan Periera
Along with the rumoured departures of
- Hayden Lomax
- Jayden Hunt
- Billy Brittain
- Gerard Beale
- Tariq Sims

we still have a whole heap of spots left to fill in 2022
I still wouldn’t be suprised if we do move a couple more contracted players on prior to next season

As of Now we have signed
- Moses Mbye
- George Burgess
- Francis Molo
- Jaydn Su’a

Based off all that we have filled 24 spots for next year ( 25 if Tariq stays but I’ll count him as leaving for now )

that’s 6 spots left on the roster

Obviously Moses Suli is a prime target for Hook and he seems destined to sign a centre after previously going after Will Hopoate

Another Backrower should be looked at and I would not be suprised if the club went looking at someone like Adam Elliott but Tyrone Peachey could be another option

A backup dummy half is essential and there are a couple options
- Freddy Lussick
- Siliva Havili
- Sione Katoa
- Mitch Rein

Atleast two new props of first grade standard are needed. I do have a feeling we may land one of either Dylan Napa or Aaron Woods which would be a big no from me but other names on the market could also include
- Dunamis Lui
- Leeson Ah Mau
- David Klemmer
- Martin Taupau

Rumours I have heard also link us to another back up halfback to replace Adam Clune - 2 names I have heard are
- Ryley Jacks
- Jaemon Salmon

Also I believe a backup outside back ( wing/centre ) should be looked out and that has been brought up with the rumour that we might be looking at Braidon Burns. Blake Ferguson also fits into that category

Belta

Juniors
Very, very disappointing end of season and follows on from a season where I’ve almost lost interest in NRL.

Despite the bitter disappointment of another embarrassing loss, Im still hanging in there and feel it important to search for some positives, with a glass half full mindset.

I know we’re total s#$t but I’ve scrounged around and come up with these positives for the Rabbits game;

Souths would be on a massive psychological high with this seasons success and the excitement of finals fever undoubtedly buoying their spirits. (Our poor youngsters enter a side with 7 losses, coinciding with the bbq fiasco and subsequent suspensions/Vaughan sacking)

They have amazing depth (backed by Bennett’s comments about having the best squad 30 players in his career) and very importantly big forwards. Albeit so does all the top sides.

They started with great enthusiasm (helped by two fumbles) that led directly to tries. Finally their try where the Feagal got pushed into Sloan is as obvious a no try that you’ll ever see unless you play the Dragons.

We continue to see likely prospects (youngsters) have finally had some valuable game time,

We also had severly a depleted squad with no Vaughan, McCullough, Hunt and Lomax.

So for nxt yr I’m hoping the team and fans recalibrate on the back of some good recruits and good juniors deliver so that the horrors of this year can be wiped from our memories forever

Draginzaaar

Bench
Last night demonstrated some major issues for next year. Our young guns and established players could not beat the Rabbits young guns with their stars being rested. I think some of the kids have showed some promise this year but we will still have a very weak squad for 2022. We are losing some high paid players but seem unable to recruit quality replacements.
With this in mind letting go key players like Sims without being able recruit better replacements means we will continue to slide. It seems unlikely that the kids will be able to establish a winning record next year.
Sims is contracted for next year and will only go if he can find a longer contract somewhere else.

Dragon David

First Grade
Very, very disappointing end of season and follows on from a season where I’ve almost lost interest in NRL.

Despite the bitter disappointment of another embarrassing loss, Im still hanging in there and feel it important to search for some positives, with a glass half full mindset.

I know we’re total s#$t but I’ve scrounged around and come up with these positives for the Rabbits game;

Souths would be on a massive psychological high with this seasons success and the excitement of finals fever undoubtedly buoying their spirits. (Our poor youngsters enter a side with 7 losses, coinciding with the bbq fiasco and subsequent suspensions/Vaughan sacking)

They have amazing depth (backed by Bennett’s comments about having the best squad 30 players in his career) and very importantly big forwards. Albeit so does all the top sides.

They started with great enthusiasm (helped by two fumbles) that led directly to tries. Finally their try where the Feagal got pushed into Sloan is as obvious a no try that you’ll ever see unless you play the Dragons.

We continue to see likely prospects (youngsters) have finally had some valuable game time,

We also had severly a depleted squad with no Vaughan, McCullough, Hunt and Lomax.

So for nxt yr I’m hoping the team and fans recalibrate on the back of some good recruits and good juniors deliver so that the horrors of this year can be wiped from our memories foreve

Again, we were just outplayed and outcoached and didn't have the enthusiasm as much as the Bunnies had for most of the game. While we had 4 out, the Bunnies had numerous out and if we had our 4 players and they had all theirs playing, we would have been thrashed.

I'm going to post something on the Negative thread regarding 2022.

Belta

Juniors
Again, we were just outplayed and outcoached and didn't have the enthusiasm as much as the Bunnies had for most of the game. While we had 4 out, the Bunnies had numerous out and if we had our 4 players and they had all theirs playing, we would have been thrashed.

I'm going to post something on the

You’re talking too much sense, it’s depressing, I’m going back into my fictitious world, the one where there’s no disparity in the rosters and the Dragons are a genuine threat in 2022.

matPORTS

Juniors
Based off all that we have filled 24 spots for next year ( 25 if Tariq stays but I’ll count him as leaving for now )

that’s 6 spots left on the roster

Obviously Moses Suli is a prime target for Hook and he seems destined to sign a centre after previously going after Will Hopoate

Another Backrower should be looked at and I would not be suprised if the club went looking at someone like Adam Elliott but Tyrone Peachey could be another option

A backup dummy half is essential and there are a couple options
- Freddy Lussick
- Siliva Havili
- Sione Katoa
- Mitch Rein

Atleast two new props of first grade standard are needed. I do have a feeling we may land one of either Dylan Napa or Aaron Woods which would be a big no from me but other names on the market could also include
- Dunamis Lui
- Leeson Ah Mau
- David Klemmer
- Martin Taupau

Rumours I have heard also link us to another back up halfback to replace Adam Clune - 2 names I have heard are
- Ryley Jacks
- Jaemon Salmon

Also I believe a backup outside back ( wing/centre ) should be looked out and that has been brought up with the rumour that we might be looking at Braidon Burns. Blake Ferguson also fits into that category

Sims staying on will go either one of two directions - he'll either rip it up in hope of attracting suitors for 2023 or it will end up with him running around in reserve grade, maybe very least 18th man. To be honest, best advice is to follow in the footsteps of his brothers and go finish up your career in the Super League.

Suli - very much a better late than never signing, but why has he been relegated to the Manly bench / extended bench this year?

Elliot and Peachey - can't we be a bit more ambitious and try to go after Kikau, not just for 2023 but to come a year early? I know a lot of people will laugh at me here, but if the Panthers win the comp surely we can at least try to make this happen? Panthers are surely also of the mindset that they can't hold onto him, not just for cap reasons but to promote Liam Martin as a full time starter and promote further from their junior base i.e. kick off their post-premiership re-building process ASAP. I know they dug their heels in on keeping Burton from walking out a year early to the Dogs, but they are stacked with depth in the forwards.

Back up dummy half list - boy Cameron McInness walking out to the Sharks is feeling like an even bigger kick in the guts every day.

Klemmer, Tapau, Jacks and Braidon Burns would all be good pick ups. All other suggestions don't instill a lot of inspiration.

I'm going to post something on the Negative thread regarding 2022.
I don't think it is as gloomy as that. Replace Norman with Clune in 7 a couple of months ago and we would be playing finals.

Dragon David

First Grade
I don't think it is as gloomy as that. Replace Norman with Clune in 7 a couple of months ago and we would be playing finals.
I remember watching Clune playing in our reserves for a few seasons and he reminded me of Luke Keary in a way. I think that Hook should have persisted with Clune in the team and used him instead of Norman for sure. His love of Norman for this year has been immense to say the least. Hopefully Hook has learned his lesson and not favour an out of form player, which Norman has been for years, next year. No second chances please Hook - if the player doesn't perform drop him quick smart!

qld redvee

Juniors
I think one of the things that is needed for 22 is for covid restrictions being lifted so that lower grades can be played thus giving fringe / development players and flegg / harold matthews players game time and therefore development . every other club is in the same boat but if we have lost some "promising " players in schiller etc then thats yet another hole that needs to be filled . maybe we get some back maybe we pick up some from other clubs but we need our players getting valuable game time ...
Lets hope

Lindsay Moss

Juniors
Sims staying on will go either one of two directions - he'll either rip it up in hope of attracting suitors for 2023 or it will end up with him running around in reserve grade, maybe very least 18th man. To be honest, best advice is to follow in the footsteps of his brothers and go finish up your career in the Super League.

Suli - very much a better late than never signing, but why has he been relegated to the Manly bench / extended bench this year?

Elliot and Peachey - can't we be a bit more ambitious and try to go after Kikau, not just for 2023 but to come a year early? I know a lot of people will laugh at me here, but if the Panthers win the comp surely we can at least try to make this happen? Panthers are surely also of the mindset that they can't hold onto him, not just for cap reasons but to promote Liam Martin as a full time starter and promote further from their junior base i.e. kick off their post-premiership re-building process ASAP. I know they dug their heels in on keeping Burton from walking out a year early to the Dogs, but they are stacked with depth in the forwards.

Back up dummy half list - boy Cameron McInness walking out to the Sharks is feeling like an even bigger kick in the guts every day.

Klemmer, Tapau, Jacks and Braidon Burns would all be good pick ups. All other suggestions don't instill a lot of inspiration.
No Klemmer for me please

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
can some one teach Junior to kick normally ?

the kid has got talent ..............will go places..........but he kicks the ball like that kid down the end of your street that kicks the ball real weird :)

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
PS got to think Cronulla or the Tiges may make Sims a 2 year plus offer ?

Or are we playing games re his contract for 2023?

OneEyedDragon

Juniors

the kid has got talent ..............will go places..........but he kicks the ball like that kid down the end of your street that kicks the ball real weird :)
Maybe trying to put spin on the ball so it is harder to catch? Corey Norman kicked the ball beautifully, unfortunately it sailed gracefully through air right onto the chest of the winger or fullback, and was easy to catch. Junior might be trying something different.

Belta

Juniors

Yep I was thinking the same. A few ordinary kicks can really set you back and quite often determine the outcome of a game.
It’s so important.
You would hope that the coaches have and will continue to put aside a considerable amount of time studying/developing all aspects of Amone and Sullivan’s respective kicking games. It’s a must in any playmakers arsenal.

Latest posts