What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023/24 Off Season

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Guess it’s time to kick this off again to keep up with all the goings on

Today Billy Slater officially agrees to be Queensland coach for the next 3 years, and Brad Fittler announces he is withdrawing himself as NSW coach, shame there as I was interested to see how it would work with Gus Gould involved again

Blair

Coach
Nothing to see here, but hang on, they're footy players no longer playing footy! This thread always has legs.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
True and it would be a nice change from recent off-seasons with Walsh and Curran the two stand outs.
Well for the best time in the best part of a decade we look like a club you’d want to sign with… so let’s hope so!

Blair

Coach
Re-reading my last post it was meant to say Walsh and Curran (yes, two stand-out signings, so I could've left it at that) were the two who got in trouble during the last two off-seasons.

Izz

Bench
If evidence presented to court was accurate, you would think that 5 beers would've been well out of his system by the time he drove...

JJ

Immortal
Morning after. Silly, silly but that’s about the extent to f it.
yeah and nah... very silly, but he was a long way over the limit, thankfully aside from to his reputation and legal ability to drive no damage was done

Blair

Coach
He's still a Blues' employee and not a warriors one, no? If so, he might escape an official NRL/Warriors sanction such missing a few games next year.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
453 is a lot. I call bullshit on 5 beers. I blew 501 back in the day, was pulled over the night of, and I'd had a lot more than five beers...and I'm smaller than Roger. However, not a big thing. Silly, maybe, but we've probably all done it, or most of us have.
Nobody ever tells the cops how many beers they REALLY had. I blew low range after about 6 pints, which was officially 2 beers…. (I’m somewhat bigger than Roger)

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Nathan Merritt collapsed yesterday and is currently on life support
Very concerning. I saw that in the news report he played in the Koori knockout and may have suffered a concussion, if that proves to be the case and was the cause of his collapse the repercussions Will be significant. I hope he pulls through no matter what.

Nobody ever tells the cops how many beers they REALLY had. I blew low range after about 6 pints, which was officially 2 beers…. (I’m somewhat bigger than Roger)
How long between last beer and breath test?
Men apparently can clear 1 standard drinks (10g of alcohol) in every hour and stay under the limit.
So 5 beers is a complete lie. Unless he has some form of alcohol metabolism issue. But still hard to believe.
Unless he meant 5 jugs, which is more likely.