What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 FW1 Sun - Newcastle 30-28 Canberra @ McDonald Jones

Finals Week 1: Newcastle v Canberra

• Newcastle Knights

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • Canberra Raiders

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sphagnum

Coach
Gagai again. Was he out having a quiet one with Holmes last night?

giphy.gif

Fangs

Coach
Excellent half from the Raiders. Ricky has caught the Knights with their pants down. Sense of occasion is getting to them.

If the Knights can get their left edge attack humming then we might see it even up.

blaza88z

Coach
There's going to be some really annoyed Knights fans getting some hot chips at half time. My heart goes out to those workers right now.

they might need something a bit stronger than the salt they sprinkle all over them

Valentine will get them sorted

Canard

Immortal
A lot will be made about whether this finals series will be Jack's last time playing for the Raiders.

But we all know they won't be able to resist signing him to a 2 year contract at age 38.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Canberra weren't the only team with a soft draw.

Gee the Knights benefited from a soft run home.

Dogs x 2, Dragons, Tigers and Dolphins in last 9 games.

Beat Melbourne, Sharks and Souths at home were quality.

But more then half there winning streak was bottom 4 teams.

I fear (for the sake of the contest) that Knights will run away with it with the benefit of the wind in the second half.

Of course, that is what all the neutrals want.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Excellent half from the Raiders. Ricky has caught the Knights with their pants down. Sense of occasion is getting to them.

If the Knights can get their left edge attack humming then we might see it even up.
Yet the bloke letting them down has played in a GF, 20 origins and half a dozen tests.

nick87

Coach
Lol
This is very funny right now

still think the knights win and by 13+ if I’m honest but knights fans apoplectic at halftime is really tickling me just so

Kick early, turn around the Raiders. Knights should be fine.

Canard

Immortal
they might need something a bit stronger than the salt they sprinkle all over them

Valentine will get them sorted
Cmon guys we don't know what really happened.

Can we please not stick our noses into this and shelve these conversations for now......

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Credit where credit is due. Given the outs that first half was impressive from the Raiders - probably should be 22-6.