What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Injury and Suspension Updates

DJDL

Bench
Ronnie gets the ball down, Katoa pass isn't called forward(Wtf was that) we are up by 12 in the first.

If my aunty had a dick she'd be my uncle.

It'll be ok

I tend to agree with this.
Take our chances, cut out the errors and we're able to give pretty much any side a run for their money.

The thing which disappointed me most on the weekend though, was that even though we'll be there or thereabouts again at the end of the year, it just seems painfully obvious that, when the whips are cracking, we just don't have the forwards to dominate and lay a platform for the playmakers to get the job done.

Anything can happen on the day, of course, but I don't think we're quite there yet.

PJ

First Grade
I tend to agree with this.
Take our chances, cut out the errors and we're able to give pretty much any side a run for their money.

The thing which disappointed me most on the weekend though, was that even though we'll be there or thereabouts again at the end of the year, it just seems painfully obvious that, when the whips are cracking, we just don't have the forwards to dominate and lay a platform for the playmakers to get the job done.

Anything can happen on the day, of course, but I don't think we're quite there yet.

Wish we'd gotten Klemer

Stake Removed

First Grade
Wish we'd gotten Klemer
He is not a leader of a pack though.
It's like Lodge he looks good when he has JWH with him.
See him against Dolphins he can't lead the forwards much like Klemmer they will give you that odd good game, but need a leader.
For 2024 we should go after NSA hard he would be perfect leader of the pack from aggression side of we miss out on him.
JWH for 1 year to show our forwards what aggression is.
Finucane and McInness lead with heart and resolve we just need that Aggression, Master of the Dark Arts in there who can inflict damage in attack and defence a soul taker

PJ

First Grade
He is not a leader of a pack though.
It's like Lodge he looks good when he has JWH with him.
See him against Dolphins he can't lead the forwards much like Klemmer they will give you that odd good game, but need a leader.
For 2024 we should go after NSA hard he would be perfect leader of the pack from aggression side of we miss out on him.
JWH for 1 year to show our forwards what aggression is.
Finucane and McInness lead with heart and resolve we just need that Aggression, Master of the Dark Arts in there who can inflict damage in attack and defence a soul taker
Dale can lead, we need someone with some aggro and level of intimidation.

We have no one like that, and imo is what we are missing. Klemer was the only one that had that, and we had a card with them wanting Miller

shadowboxer

First Grade
45 minutes of those two dribbling on - no thanks. So was Gus bashing wade?
Have Gus gone the lap band as well - he’s lost some weight?

bluefox68

Staff member
45 minutes of those two dribbling on - no thanks. So was Gus bashing wade?
Have Gus gone the lap band as well - he’s lost some weight?
I listened to about 15 minutes - skipping over some of the rubbish …

He was basically saying that the NRL is incompetent.

They want a collision sport without the collisions. Gus agrees with Wade that he (and other players) can’t go low because of their HIA history, so they have to go high. Whereas the margin for error is so small, it makes it extremely difficult to avoid stuff like head clashes, which are now punishable.

Common sense argument…

Stake Removed

First Grade
News flash - no one is going to pay to watch Oz-Tag…
NRL has two concerns both financial

1. Law suit by players re concussion down the track like NFL.
2. This has been going on for years, a society problem, years back when 2 parent families you would watch footy someone get smashed dad would say that's how the play and sign you up to play that's how it was with me.
Now there is a lot of single parents mums more who see someone injured and say to son you are not playing, revenue dropping in that area

Ozzi_78

First Grade
I’m no expert maybe @shaggs can step in here but I’d guess surfing would rely heavily on calves being in good nick right?

shaggs

Coach
Pop
I’m no expert maybe @shaggs can step in here but I’d guess surfing would rely heavily on calves being in good nick right?
I assume a certain someone was out in the surf with Blake Johnstone today.

The size and quality of the waves today doesn’t need much calf flexion and extension. I reckon he was almost good to go

Stake Removed

First Grade
Out injured/ suspension

Dykes - season
Ikavalu - mid season
Rudolf - 3 months
Finucane - susp till round 10
Colquhoun - TBA

Craigshark

First Grade
Is going to market an option? Do we have the cap space? I know it’s been mentioned in other threads, but if we had the cap space, would it be worth going to JWH for example for the remainder of this season and next year and another in the clubs favour? Doubt the Roosters let him go. Is there anyone else out there worth trying to bring in?

Craigshark

First Grade
Thinking outside the box, could we get Graham playing a similar role to Jake Trbojevic? He comes on as a middle anyway.