What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Injury and Suspension Updates

The injury is a min 12 week.
So it now falls to Colquhoun and Talakai as edge forwards unless we sign someone or bring someone up from Jets

Frenzy.

Immortal

NRL Late Mail Round 21: Sharks’ finals blow as key forward Teig Wilton ruled out for season​

The Sharks have suffered a massive blow in their bid to keep their finals hopes alive, while the Dragons have a host of big guns back for the Spoon Bowl.

David Riccio and Tom Sangster

The Sharks have suffered a massive blow in their bid to keep their finals hopes alive with starting backrower Teig Wilton ruled out for the season.

The consistent Wilton has received the worst possible news that he requires surgery on a knee injury suffered against the Warriors last Sunday.

Although scans revealed his ACL was intact, Wilton has had no choice but to receive an operation on Wednesday to repair his badly damaged meniscus.

The recovery period is 12 weeks, ruling him out for the remainder of the season.

Wilton, 23, has proven a mainstay on the Sharks’ left-edge in 2023.

His back row position has been taken by promising Wollongong-product Jesse Colquhoun for the Sharks’ must-win clash against Manly at PointsBet Stadium on Sunday.
Teig Wilton is out for the season. Picture: Getty

Teig Wilton is out for the season. Picture: Getty

bluefox68

Staff member
The crazy thing is that we’re not actually that stressed about losing him.

He seemed to be trying to break his try-scoring drought by running crash plays on the 4th. But he never looked like even going close…

Chimp

Bench
I suspect this is an injury he’s been playing with that really needed an Op, and now it is clear our season is gone to shit and we’ve no chance of challenging the big boys, they’re choosing for him to have the Op now to be right for next year.
A medical retirement and move to the coaching staff wouldn’t be a bad outcome….

I suspect this is an injury he’s been playing with that really needed an Op, and now it is clear our season is gone to shit and we’ve no chance of challenging the big boys, they’re choosing for him to have the Op now to be right for next year.
See if any super league team wants him

DJDL

Bench

I reckon you’re right.
He’s had it heavily strapped for a while now.

Craigshark

First Grade

I know we all know/think this.. surely the actual team can’t just chuck in the towel this early on while they are still a chance to make the finals. If so, may as well rest them all to protect them from any serious injuries that could impact next year.

Finucane has struggled all season.
He has not come back from injury late last season, too anything like Dale of old.
Could it be he is a Storm type player that needs Bellamy to get beat out of him