What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ladder Prediction

Yow

Juniors

Illusion

Bench
If Hunt doesn't produce the same as last year , which I have my doubts he can , unrest with Hook's coaching and player's wanting out last year any little hiccup this year will leave us close to the bottom ...... I have always had high expectations for a start of a season , but not this time .....

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Same website said the same thing last year. It's a superficial analysis by people who don't think very hard, and designed to get Dragons supporters and Dragons haters to click on the article so they get the advertising revenue.

I don't think we'll get the spoon, but I don't think we'll make the 8 either. Our forwards haven't improved, our backs haven't improved, and it's not a contract/world cup year so Ben Hunt will ease off a bit. I reckon we'll finish 12th or 13th.

I can’t see us getting the spoon.

the reality is we have not re-signed the fringe forwards that have failed to perform for the last few years.

We have most likely lost Amone however if Sullivan can remain fit I see him as a better half.

The train and trial players are a lucky dip.

We certainly need a few quality forwards.

The problem will be that sides like the Tigers & Bulldogs have improved their rosters.

Worst case scenario we rely on Dolphins and Titans to lose more games than us.

Best case scenario, we either sign a couple of quality players or we unearth a diamond or two from the juniors or train and trial players and finish 7th.

Crush

Coach
The problem with our team is that we have zero depth. Our starting 17 could potentially make the eight if everything fell into place, Sloan and Bud come along, Hunt has another big year, Bird, JDB and Su’a play to potential etc etc.
But what will happen is injuries and suspensions. Then all of a sudden you are playing with Moga on one wing, Mbye at fullback or 5/8, Fuimaono starting backrow etc etc. Then you are heading to the bottom 4.

If I had to bet on a ladder position this year I would say 14th, because our depth is very poor.

SnowDragon

Juniors
I think forwards have improved if anything.
we lost Sims and Maguire, but gained musgrove and Ben M&M’s, but more critically I see us stronger at hooker, and a few younger guys coming thru

we are shallow in the backs with Amone and Ramsey situations, but overall I agree with crush, the top 17 looks good but shallow.

uncover a few, and maybe pick up an extra top quality player and it could be a good year. Main thing though is improved coaching to make this a team.

Gareth67

First Grade
Forget about all the doomsday predictions by those scatterbrained experts of the media who bring out the same trash before the beginning of each season .

Our boys will prove many of the pundits wrong by rising to greater heights and pushing for a final 8 berth . Griffin finally having the Big Red V playing to their full potential and our off-season signings to become instrumental in our rise up the ladder . 😳

Crush

Coach
Forget about all the doomsday predictions by those scatterbrained experts of the media who bring out the same trash before the beginning of each season .

Our boys will prove many of the pundits wrong by rising to greater heights and pushing for a final 8 berth . Griffin finally having the Big Red V playing to their full potential and our off-season signings to become instrumental in our rise up the ladder . 😳
Sunday drinks mate? Sounds like you skipped the beers and went straight for the spirits! 😉

Dragon David

First Grade

Yaaaaah! I like your positiveness Gareth and all other contributions. We will be a force and show our winning spirit in 2023.

Gareth67

First Grade
Sunday drinks mate? Sounds like you skipped the beers and went straight for the spirits! 😉
No Crush , never on a Sunday ! Just showing my displeasure at the Dragon’s lack of quality recruitment during the off - season .

One point that the chap from Zero Tackle was indeed correct about was that our forward pack will melt like butter when the pressure is applied .

There will be a couple of players who will fight all the way , such as JDB and Su’a , however the rest of our pack gives me nightmares .

Latest posts