What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 NRL Match Review Charges & Judiciary

Last Week

Bench
What an absolutely disgusting decision by the NRL.

There was no biting action. Gamble didn’t want to testify or make a statement. How the f**k can you determine guilt based on that?

Wighton should appeal. And he’ll win.
Not sure if you saw it, but it's been recorded.

Nutz

Bench
What an absolutely disgusting decision by the NRL.

There was no biting action. Gamble didn’t want to testify or make a statement. How the f**k can you determine guilt based on that?

Wighton should appeal. And he’ll win.
That's 2 clubs that have a gripe with Gamble now, Canberra and Souths.
If you push down on your forearm in the open mouth hard enough it will leave teeth marks.
I just tried it on my neighbour and it worked.

MRN

Bench
That's 2 clubs that have a gripe with Gamble now, Canberra and Souths.
If you push down on your forearm in the open mouth hard enough it will leave teeth marks.
I just tried it on my neighbour and it worked.
Is that you Gordie?

Nutz

Bench
I was ins
I was standing much closer to my TV than skeepe and I can confirm that Wighton did indeed bite good guy Gamble.
I was inside my tv and I say Jack was baited, Tyson took a Gamble and won by getting the Newcastle fans revved up and that got them the win.

_Johnsy

Referee
So the NRL have now officially sanctioned as a tactic shoving your arm into a player’s open mouth to get teeth marks on your arm, making a false biting allegation and getting a player sent off and suspended.

It’s going to happen every week now.

Angry Channel 9 GIF by Married At First Sight Australia

Nutz

Bench
3 weeks seems light considering he didn't get any punishment at the time. In 2020 Proctor got sent off and 4 weeks on probably less evidence.
Procter said he couldn't breathe, weak excuse because he could snort ok.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
In all honesty though, that's some weak shit. Big time fence sitting sentence. If they felt with conviction that he bit the bloke, why is it 3 weeks and not 8-10?
If they didnt feel strongly enough that he did actually bite him, why is it anything?

You either think he bite him or you didnt. If you do, send him packing good and proper, and if you dont, let him go.
This feels like a "maybe he bit him? IDK... *shrugs* 3 weeks and we'll call it a day"

No one has a clue what they expect in a judiciary

I remember a Bulldogs player got 6 games, probably less, some years ago, and that looked obvious he was biting him.

In this case you couldnt actually tell, although those teeth marks didnt help, unless there is another camera angle we're not seeing.

Its like there is some sort of grading with biting. Grade 1 biting, Grade 2 biting.

skeepe

Immortal
According to the Fox Sports article, judiciary chairman Geoff Bellew instructed the panel to ignore most of the defence’s argument.

if true, that is gross misconduct and he must resign immediately. He has deliberately tried to influence the verdict. He clearly has come in with a preconceived idea - or worse, an instruction from the NRL - and has unfairly influenced what is supposed to be a fair hearing.

Geoff Bellew simply must submit his resignation with immediate effect. His position is now untenable. Annesley and Klein must also follow him out the door.

MRN

Bench
if true, that is gross misconduct and he must resign immediately. He has deliberately tried to influence the verdict. He clearly has come in with a preconceived idea - or worse, an instruction from the NRL - and has unfairly influenced what is supposed to be a fair hearing.
YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TOOTH!

MRN

Bench
@skeepe there were several things the panel were told to ignore in Reece Walsh's hearing as well. It is what it is.

Nutz

Bench
No one has a clue what they expect in a judiciary

I remember a Bulldogs player got 6 games, probably less, some years ago, and that looked obvious he was biting him.

In this case you couldnt actually tell, although those teeth marks didnt help, unless there is another camera angle we're not seeing.

Its like there is some sort of grading with biting. Grade 1 biting, Grade 2 biting.
Could be worse PF.
How would you grade this one?
lsuarez_2261115.jpg

nick87

Coach
According to the Fox Sports article, judiciary chairman Geoff Bellew instructed the panel to ignore most of the defence’s argument.

Geoff Bellew simply must submit his resignation with immediate effect. His position is now untenable. Annesley and Klein must also follow him out the door.

Bruh... he's a souths player now
Why do you f**king care?!? lol

Latest posts