What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 predictions

Sime_11

Juniors
Which side(s) from the top 8 last year misses out: Sharks
Our biggest threats: Roosters
Surprise packet(s): Broncos
Underachiever(s): Cowboys & Sharks (2022 Top 8) - Manly & Dragons (2022 Bottom 8)
1st coach sacked: O'Brien
Other coaches sacked this year: Holbrook & Hook - (Anyone who finishes below the Dolphins should consider sacking the Coach)
Wooden spooners: Dragons
Where will the Dolphins finish: 15th
Buy of the year: Reece Walsh

Kilkenny

Coach
I’m not that big on predictions just too many unknowns, too many variables. We will miss Api, Viliame and Charlie to a lesser extent just how much time will tell.

hindy111

Post Whore
Which side(s) from the top 8 last year misses out: Storm
Our biggest threats: Roosters,Souths
Surprise packet(s): Titans
Underachiever(s): Dogs
1st coach sacked: Knights guy
Other coaches sacked this year:
Wooden spooners: Warriors
Where will the Dolphins finish: 16th
Buy of the year: Murchie

MugaB

Coach
Which side(s) from the top 8 last year misses out: Storm
Our biggest threats: Roosters,Souths
Surprise packet(s): Titans
Underachiever(s): Dogs
1st coach sacked: Knights guy
Other coaches sacked this year:
Wooden spooners: Warriors
Where will the Dolphins finish: 16th
Buy of the year: Murchie
Parra misses top 8
Your biggest threat was/is and always will be PENRITH!
suprise packet are the warriors
1st coach sacked : who the f**k is that?
Wooden spooners are knights
Dolphins coming in at 8th place
Buy of the year is Te Mare Martin

hindy111

Post Whore
Parra misses top 8
Your biggest threat was/is and always will be PENRITH!
suprise packet are the warriors
1st coach sacked : who the f**k is that?
Wooden spooners are knights
Dolphins coming in at 8th place
Buy of the year is Te Mare Martin

I honestly wouldn't be suprised if we did. Mentally they may be rooted. Storm however lost some good cattle. Paps could be out till mid year and who says he comes back good. Terrible injury.
Penrith will be driving for 3 in a row and on a high. Bar injuries I find them hard to beat. Maybe Roosters. RTS on the way mid season.

Kilkenny

Coach
I was confident going into to each of the last three seasons in which history will show we made three consecutive GF appearances and won the last two.

During this past three seasons we have either not been able to retain or lost an entire NRL squad of players.

It may not be popular to promote such an opinion but I tend to think 2023 is the season it probably catches up with us.

I think we go into 2023 with arguably our weakest overall roster in comparison to what we have enjoyed previously.

It is going to be an an enourmous task to overcome the losses of Api and Kikau along with other fringe players.

Our main competitors have largely strengthened there rosters while our roster has suffered as a consequence of the salary cap.

2023 May we’ll be a gap year Which we may just have to accept.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I was confident going into to each of the last three seasons in which history will show we made three consecutive GF appearances and won the last two.

During this past three seasons we have either not been able to retain or lost an entire NRL squad of players.

It may not be popular to promote such an opinion but I tend to think 2023 is the season it probably catches up with us.

I think we go into 2023 with arguably our weakest overall roster in comparison to what we have enjoyed previously.

It is going to be an an enourmous task to overcome the losses of Api and Kikau along with other fringe players.

Our main competitors have largely strengthened there rosters while our roster has suffered as a consequence of the salary cap.

I think the combination of Kenny and Luke will surprise and shock some (in a good way).

I'm also excited to see how Martin goes this year too.

I'm not super over confident. But I'm hopeful we will give a good account of ourselves.

MugaB

Coach
I think the combination of Kenny and Luke will surprise and shock some (in a good way).

I'm also excited to see how Martin goes this year too.

I'm not super over confident. But I'm hopeful we will give a good account of ourselves.
Soni Luke will cover our hooking area of concern, wont take long before we scream to the top of the ladder, my concern is the back row, something that Ivan loves immensely, i feel we have Martin, and then trialing whoever fits best on the other side, not sure if this will be worked out this year, unless they are looking to move Spenser or Sorrenson there, and Eisenhuth on the bench FT

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Soni Luke will cover our hooking area of concern, wont take long before we scream to the top of the ladder, my concern is the back row, something that Ivan loves immensely, i feel we have Martin, and then trailing whoever fits best on the other side, not sure if this will be worked out this year, unless they are looking to move Spenser or Sorrenson there, and Eisenhuth on the bench FT

Is this where a young kid like Mavrik Geyer could come in handy ?

MugaB

Coach
Is this where a young kid like Mavrik Geyer could come in handy ?
Yes, i mentioned that, this time last year, but most folk suggested he was too young to get thrown into FG, plus he had the injury that ruled him out after the trials, if Spenser is on his way elsewhere, maybe slot him on the edge to get our next front row rotation ready for next season

Black Magik

Juniors
Which side(s) from the top 8 last year misses out: Raiders
Our biggest threats: Roosters, Parra
Surprise packet(s): Bulldogs (a lot of emotion ATM)
Underachiever(s): Souths
1st coach sacked: O'Brian
Other coaches sacked this year: Holbrook
Wooden spooners: Knights
Where will the Dolphins finish: 14th
Buy of the year: B Smith

WestyLife

First Grade

Confident? You said the recruitment was a disaster and were stressing hard.

Iamback

Coach
Soni Luke will cover our hooking area of concern, wont take long before we scream to the top of the ladder, my concern is the back row, something that Ivan loves immensely, i feel we have Martin, and then trialing whoever fits best on the other side, not sure if this will be worked out this year, unless they are looking to move Spenser or Sorrenson there, and Eisenhuth on the bench FT

Our start to the year is brutal, gives a chance to make changes as needed should we drop a few games

2023 May well be a gap year Which we may just have to accept.
Who has strengthened their roster? Probably the Roosters (but I will reserve judgement until seeing Smith play hooker for 80mins), and maybe Cows with another year under their (generally young) belts, but not sure any others are better.

Kilkenny

Coach
Who has strengthened their roster? Probably the Roosters (but I will reserve judgement until seeing Smith play hooker for 80mins), and maybe Cows with another year under their (generally young) belts, but not sure any others are better.
I think there are numerous sides who made significant signings and will commence the new season with a better roster than they had last season. The Bulldogs and West Tigers have better rosters whether there additions result in them challenging for the top 8 time will tell. I think the new season shapes up as a very interesting one.

Kilkenny

Coach
Confident? You said the recruitment was a disaster and were stressing hard.
The confidence was never in respect of winning a premiership. I don’t make such bold predictions, just me, I’m am conservative by nature. I was always confident of
being competitive and putting ourselves in a position to compete for the ultimate goal. In respect of our recruitment being a disaster I’ll leave that to you, I think I’ve always been more vocal about retention than anything else. If it makes you feel good calling me out, enjoy it, I won’t stress over it.

WestyLife

First Grade
The confidence was never in respect of winning a premiership. I don’t make such bold predictions, just me, I’m am conservative by nature. I was always confident of
being competitive and putting ourselves in a position to compete for the ultimate goal. In respect of our recruitment being a disaster I’ll leave that to you, I think I’ve always been more vocal about retention than anything else. If it makes you feel good calling me out, enjoy it, I won’t stress over it.

It doesn't feel good or bad. It's not that deep.