What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R1 Thu - Parramatta 12-16* Melbourne @ CommBank

Round 1: Parramatta v Melbourne

• Parramatta Eels

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Melbourne Storm

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Someguy

First Grade
I can't believe it's still 7 tackles for a missed field goal

Come on
Dumbest rule the 7 tackle set was to combat players kicking it out the back from 50 or 60 away to avoid a kick return. That kick is ironically enough the least penalised by the rule as a quick tap can never be taken

Munky

Coach
Both teams looked clueless in setting up a field goal.

Expected from Moses but Hodgson and Hughes should know and do better.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
stephen-colbert-told-you-so.gif
Mate he’s a very good first grade half but he’s not a Million dollar one. He needed to take control the last 20 mins and he disappeared up his own datehole.

Bazal

Post Whore
Mate he’s a very good first grade half but he’s not a Million dollar one. He needed to take control the last 20 mins and he disappeared up his own datehole.

I mean he is under the current cap.

Let's be honest, you put Moses in the Storm side and he's no longer a downhill skier. He's an objectively better player than Hughes, for eg. Most of his inconsistency comes from the fact that he plays for Parra and look at how dumb we still are. It's in our genes, no coach in my lifetime has managed to get rid of it.

Bazal

Post Whore
Hopgood looks like a good find. No papalili replacement but a hard worker and solid player

He'll be better than Ice on balance because he can pass and tackle.

But he's not a replacement because he's a lock

Bazal

Post Whore
Doorey looks a more than capable replacement, better defender as well.

He looked f**king good. Not as explosive as Ice but a much better defender on first look.

Ultimately Lane and Matto will probs be the starting edge. Although I wouldn't mind Matto off the bench, the middle defence went to absolute shit when Bahlow and Reg went off

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He looked f**king good. Not as explosive as Ice but a much better defender on first look.

Ultimately Lane and Matto will probs be the starting edge. Although I wouldn't mind Matto off the bench, the middle defence went to absolute shit when Bahlow and Reg went off
I reckon Doorey has nailed down that edge spot, Matto on after 25mins and he plays as a middle.