What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R16 Fri - North Qld 27-23* Penrith @ QLD Country Bank

Round 16: North Qld v Penrith

• North Queensland Cowboys

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chrisD

Coach
Who membas when Penrith lost Api and all these forum grubs were like nah man Soni Luke is great, even earlier in the season nah cuz bro Luke is da man.

He’s shit.
Be sure to keep that same energy for when we just replace Luke and win the premiership again.

Again.

And Manly do . . . I dunno it’s irrelevant.

butchmcdick

Post Whore
A 9 and 5 record isn’t really good enough for the winning consistency Penrith have come to expect as a club.
I hate Origin and how it impacts the season but we were in a position to win that even with a depleted and uncharacteristic errors proved costly.

I agree

from a club point of view origin really f**ks with things particularly if your players get injured

Cowboyz

Juniors
A few things -

Even though the Cows were mostly dog shit - really liked what I saw from some of the young blokes - Valemai, Finefuika and Laybutt. Surely they can keep these guys in the side over the likes of Hiku, Granville and Hess. Actual strong enthusiastic carriers of the ball.

chrisD

Coach
Edwards made mistakes, which is completely understandable when he’s carrying the team. Peachey’s are not forgivable because he’s giving us nothing else but the minimal expected of the position.

martielang

Bench
the non calls went plenty the riff's way. Plenty of 6 agains not called and no penalty when miles off side when the cos kicked their FG. But hey have a whinge its the Riff way according to Ivan

Convenient argument that one but probably doesn’t stack up considering we got a total of 0 six agains.

We got bent over tonight on a few big calls but we’ve had our fair share of being the benter so we can’t complain too hard for being the bentee for once.

GongPanther

Referee
Seriously that officiating was ordinary but that’s the game these days for an away team
Meh, we were ready for a loss despite our best efforts. Did no harm to our for/against, so we are miles ahead when the Bonkos lose a few in which they wouldn't be planning on.

GongPanther

Referee
A 9 and 5 record isn’t really good enough for the winning consistency Penrith have come to expect as a club.
I hate Origin and how it impacts the season but we were in a position to win that even with a depleted and uncharacteristic errors proved costly.
We were gassed at the hour mark when I notice that the yards gained for a set of six were going from 40 yards to around the 64 yards. In the final 20 mintes we were running on empty.

But thats the way it goes, and full credit to the Cows.

BlueandGold

Juniors
JT with the run, Drinkwater with the finish.

Another excellent game of footy, during Origin.

Panthers very good considering the player missing.

This Year?

Immortal
The last 20 minutes of that game was an absolute punish to watch, but the ending was worth it.
PENRITH made more errors than usual which eventually brought them undone. The fact that it took 88 minutes is a testiment to their will and refusal to give up.
Was really happy for the Cowboys who have had a very underwhelming season to date.
Maybe this will spark something for them.

Latest posts