What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R19 Sat - Parramatta 10-46 Warriors @ CommBank

Round 19: Parramatta v Warriors

• Parramatta Eels

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Warriors

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skeepe

Immortal
I know it went in our favour last week, but I still think that interpretation is terrible

chrisD

Coach
Not all incidental contact competing for the ball has been or should be illegal but rulings like that will make it that way.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
That was never an Eels try

Still, we weren’t good enough second half. Probably because we’re not quite good enough. But we’re a decent team and that’s pleasant.

Diesel

Referee
I know it went in our favour last week, but I still think that interpretation is terrible
Perhaps the players and NRL could work towards refining the rules or interpretations while they’re not doing media work this week

This Year?

Immortal
Massive win for the Warriors. Huge congrats to them. They did the things that usually work well for the Eels and absolutely killed it. Hearing the Warriors long chant was awesome.
The Eels were disgusting. They kept going unders when they didn't have to. Their halves and edge backrowers gave no shape and no 2nd phase at all. I know its unfair to criticise back up halves but still, you'd think they'd still have structures.

flippikat

Bench
Great bounce back after the loss to Souths.

The squad continues to impress me with resilience, determination, patience & commitment to continuous improvement.

After the next two games against Sharks & Raiders, it looks like a very favorable draw running into September too.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
That was never an Eels try

Still, we weren’t good enough second half. Probably because we’re not quite good enough. But we’re a decent team and that’s pleasant.
We won on the road by 36. Jesus some people are hard to please.

good sign in itself though- a year ago we wouldn’t have dreamed of that margin away against any opposition

I'm impressed with how they've got CNK ball playing. That was the one knock on him as a fullback, but he seems to be chiming into the backline nicely, taking the right options and getting the timing right with his passing.

Bazal

Post Whore
I'm disappointed with the 46 conceded but that result was never really in doubt. Glad we didn't get Threaded but

Missing 4/4 of your starting spine is pretty tough.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
She’s horrendous, and no I’m not just saying it cause she’s a chick, cause most of the dude refs suck too. But she’s bottom couple for sure.
Yeah I’ve noticed some terrible bunker calls from the Badge Vag lately. The Warriors challenge yesterday was an obvious one though it obviously didn’t affect the result